DUKE lacrosse team Gang Rape.....

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus
[b]Not only do these yeppie pricks end up proverbially raping the rest of us when they work for the Enrons of the world .... it seems that also like to literally rape and beat up black strippers [/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

[size=3][quote][b]Duke suspends lacrosse team amid rape allegations
By Jeff Barker
Baltimore Sun
March 29, 2006[/b][/size]

DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke University said Tuesday night that it won't allow its nationally ranked men's lacrosse team to play any more games until a series of questions are answered about allegations that an exotic dancer was sexually assaulted by team members at their house on the edge of campus.

"Sports have their time and place, but when an issue of this gravity is in question, it is not the time to be playing games," Duke President Richard H. Brodhead said.

The March 13 incident has raised a number of issues at an elite school that normally revels in its athletic and academic achievements and is fond of using the term "student-athletes."

Since reports of the alleged attack, protestors have rallied near the site of the incident and banged pots and pans outside of the home of Duke's provost until he met with them.

Tuesday night, Duke's president announced his decision to suspend play and then had to face questions about whether the athletes have been coddled, whether a racist "culture" exists on the team, whether players need to be counseled about sexual assaults, whether they have alcohol abuse problems, and why Duke's neighbors so often complain about wild student parties.

"There are so many kinds of anger," Donna Lisker, director of the Duke Women's Center, said of the stormy campus reaction to the incident that has included demonstrations. "There is anger about sexual violence. There is a racial component and a town-gown component. One of my colleagues called it the perfect storm."

The three lacrosse team captains, whose public silence up until now has helped provoke demonstrations, met with Brodhead earlier in the day and "stated unequivocally that any allegation that a sexual assault or rape occurred is totally and transparently false," according to a statement released by the team. In the statement, the players agreed that they not play until the release of DNA results, which the captains insist will clear team members of wrongdoing.

"I needed to have the information about who will be charged," district attorney Mike Nifong told AP. "I feel pretty confident that a rape occurred."

Officials are investigating the incident as first-degree forcible rape, common law robbery, first-degree kidnapping, first-degree sexual offense and felonious strangulation.

The incident occurred at a wood-frame house in a tree-lined neighborhood where the campus meets the community. A woman told police she and another dancer--both African-American--were hired to perform March 13 at a private party. The dancer, a student at North Carolina Central University, told police she was pulled into a bathroom, beaten, choked and raped by three men.

The Raleigh News & Observer quoted a neighbor saying one person from the party yelled at the alleged victim, "Thank your grandpa for my cotton shirt," as she was leaving the house after the alleged assault.

The aftermath has produced some extraordinary scenes. One occurred last Thursday afternoon, when 46 team members were summoned to a downtown forensics lab for DNA tests. The 47th player, the only black member of the team, did not have to provide DNA because the dancer said her attackers were white.

Duke recently pulled the roster from a Web site because athletic director Joe Alleva said players were being harassed.

"These are really outstanding student-athletes," Alleva said. "Over the years, we have 100 percent graduation rates. They're wonderful young men. They are young men and sometimes young men make bad decisions, bad judgments."

Tuesday's announcement coincided with campus events to mark Duke's "Sexual Assault Prevention Week," which has been months in the planning.

"The timing is either horrible or spectacular depending on your perspective," Lisker said.[/quote]

[url="http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/cs-0603290248mar29,1,60854.story?coll=cs-college-print"]http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...s-college-print[/url]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='240280' date='Mar 29 2006, 09:39 AM']"These are really outstanding student-athletes," Alleva said. "Over the years, we have 100 percent graduation rates. They're wonderful young men. They are young men and sometimes young men make bad decisions, bad judgments."[/quote]

[b]I heard on several news stations that 15 of the teams members previously have been arrested for misdemeanors ....

it was hilarious listening to the news read down the list .... which included public urination .... while the Duke dean was talking [/b]

Yeah, I just heard on the radio on my way to work that the party got real "nasty".

Apparently someone called 911 because people outside the fraternity house
were yelling racial slurs and threatening an interracial couple walking by.

Obviously things were nasty enough for the university to suspend its games.

I'm kind of surprised the media coverage has not been all over this.

Now, had it been two white strippers that were "allegedly" raped by black
athletes, does anyone think there would be more media coverage or arrests made?

Just a question in general.

[quote name='sneaky' post='240637' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:09 AM']Yeah, I just heard on the radio on my way to work that the party got real "nasty".

Just a question in general.[/quote]:unsure:

it was all over fox news...

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='240284' date='Mar 29 2006, 09:49 AM'][quote name='BlackJesus' post='240280' date='Mar 29 2006, 09:39 AM']
"These are really outstanding student-athletes," Alleva said. "Over the years, we have 100 percent graduation rates. They're wonderful young men. They are young men and sometimes young men make bad decisions, bad judgments."[/quote]

[b]I heard on several news stations that 15 of the teams members previously have been arrested for misdemeanors ....

it was hilarious listening to the news read down the list .... which included public urination .... while the Duke dean was talking [/b]
[/quote]

they werent previously arrested. they were arrested at that specific party cuz of that 911 call that was made. they wnet out and busted all of them, BUT all of the members that were arrested had plea deals to keep it off their record...i like duke university but this is a low point on what they did and the fact they got deals to keep it off their record. pisses me off.

Atleast Duke basketball doesnt fuck off or the football (they r too busy doing homework obviously, that explains the horrible team and lack of trouble)

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='240644' date='Mar 30 2006, 01:20 AM'][quote name='sneaky' post='240637' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:09 AM']
Yeah, I just heard on the radio on my way to work that the party got real "nasty".

Just a question in general.[/quote]:unsure:

it was all over fox news...
[/quote]

:lol:

yeah I guess i missed it.

fox news is like the lighter version of stormfront.
:ninja:

Guest CTBengalsFan
It was on SportsCenter.

Though I agree if this was like a basketball team (where obviously the players are mostly black) and they did this to white strippers, it PROBABLY would be a bigger deal.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='240668' date='Mar 30 2006, 02:06 AM']It was on SportsCenter.

Though I agree if this was like a basketball team ([b]where obviously the players are mostly black[/b]) and they did this to white strippers, it PROBABLY would be a bigger deal.[/quote]

??? mostly black?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240692' date='Mar 30 2006, 07:52 AM'][quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='240668' date='Mar 30 2006, 02:06 AM']
It was on SportsCenter.

Though I agree if this was like a basketball team ([b]where obviously the players are mostly black[/b]) and they did this to white strippers, it PROBABLY would be a bigger deal.[/quote]

??? mostly black?
[/quote]
some are part white

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240692' date='Mar 30 2006, 07:52 AM'][quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='240668' date='Mar 30 2006, 02:06 AM']
It was on SportsCenter.

??? mostly black?
[/quote]

yes, this MAY shock you, but a lot of basketball teams are made up of a majority of black players.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='240750' date='Mar 30 2006, 11:56 AM'][quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240692' date='Mar 30 2006, 07:52 AM']
[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='240668' date='Mar 30 2006, 02:06 AM']
It was on SportsCenter.

??? mostly black?
[/quote]

yes,[b] this MAY shock you, but a lot of basketball teams are made up of a majority of black players.[/b]
[/quote]

oh really? well obviously you didnt know too much cuz Dukes team is majority white.

cuz duke has 10 white players on the team:

JJ Redick
Greg Paulus
Martynas Pocius
Josh McRoberts
Lee Melchionni
Jordan Davidson
Patrick Davidson
Patrick Johnson
Joe Pagliuca
Ross Perkins

and 6 black players

Shelden Williams
Demarcus Nelson
Sean Dockery
David McClure
Jamal Boykin
Eric Boateng

So u may claim that the white players dont play well...Duke has a 7 man rotation im sure u didnt know that either since it looks like u have no knowledge of Duke but of the 7 man rotation:

4 are white players and 3 are black players. 2 of the top 3 scorers are white players. Now blacks do have the advantage that 2 of the top 3 rebounders are Black, but only by 0.2 rebounds do they win that one. Then you go to assists and white players have # 1, 2, 4 in the top 4 on that one.

So no this team isnt majority black, so ya i guess that would shock me and no this team doesnt rely on its black players. Over the years this team has had top black college players and top white college players, so it would shock me for them to be majority black.

Please do a little research next time b4 u make a comment. I dont want to hear u say that the majority of NCAA players r black either because this thread was specifically about Duke.

i forgive u :) j/k, just had to go on my little rant cuz i hate it when false information is said about the Duke basketball team.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240760' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:19 PM'][u]oh really?[/u] well obviously you didnt know too much cuz Dukes team is majority white.

JJ Redick
Greg Paulus
Martynas Pocius
Josh McRoberts
Lee Melchionni
Jordan Davidson
Patrick Davidson
Patrick Johnson
Joe Pagliuca
Ross Perkins

and 6 black players

Shelden Williams
Demarcus Nelson
Sean Dockery
David McClure
Jamal Boykin
Eric Boateng

So u may claim that the white players dont play well...Duke has a 7 man rotation im sure u didnt know that either since it looks like u have no knowledge of Duke but of the 7 man rotation:

4 are white players and 3 are black players. 2 of the top 3 scorers are white players. Now blacks do have the advantage that 2 of the top 3 rebounders are Black, but only by 0.2 rebounds do they win that one. Then you go to assists and white players have # 1, 2, 4 in the top 4 on that one.

So no this team isnt majority black, so ya i guess that would shock me and no this team doesnt rely on its black players. Over the years this team has had top black college players and top white college players, so it would shock me for them to be majority black.

Please do a little research next time b4 u make a comment. I dont want to hear u say that the majority of NCAA players r black either because this thread was specifically about Duke.

i forgive u :) j/k, just had to go on my little rant cuz i hate it when false information is said about the Duke basketball team.[/quote]Ya Rly!

iz r skols faleng?!?!

[quote]Though I agree [u]if[/u] this was like a basketball team ([u]where obviously the players are mostly black[/u]) and they did this to white strippers, it [u]PROBABLY[/u] would be a bigger deal.[/quote]
[quote]yes, this MAY shock you, but [u]a lot [/u] of basketball teams are made up of a [u]majority[/u] of black players.[/quote]

please try to key in on the subtle hints...

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240760' date='Mar 30 2006, 01:19 PM']Please do a little research next time b4 u make a comment. I dont want to hear u say that the majority of NCAA players r black either because this thread was specifically about Duke.[/quote]

[b]deep breath bro .... he said "a basketball team" not "the Duke Basketball team" ....

everyone knows that Duke is full of pansy ass short cracka players who can't jump and can only shoot 3 pointers.

:ninja: [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='240780' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:46 PM'][quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240760' date='Mar 30 2006, 01:19 PM']
Please do a little research next time b4 u make a comment. I dont want to hear u say that the majority of NCAA players r black either because this thread was specifically about Duke.[/quote]

[b]deep breath bro .... he said "a basketball team" not "the Duke Basketball team" ....

everyone knows that Duke is full of pansy ass short cracka players who can't jump and can only shoot 3 pointers.

[/quote]

Racist. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

Guest CTBengalsFan

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240760' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:19 PM'][quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='240750' date='Mar 30 2006, 11:56 AM']
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240692' date='Mar 30 2006, 07:52 AM']
It was on SportsCenter.

??? mostly black?
[/quote]

yes,[b] this MAY shock you, but a lot of basketball teams are made up of a majority of black players.[/b]
[/quote]

oh really? well obviously you didnt know too much cuz Dukes team is majority white.

JJ Redick
Greg Paulus
Martynas Pocius
Josh McRoberts
Lee Melchionni
Jordan Davidson
Patrick Davidson
Patrick Johnson
Joe Pagliuca
Ross Perkins

and 6 black players

Shelden Williams
Demarcus Nelson
Sean Dockery
David McClure
Jamal Boykin
Eric Boateng

i forgive u :) j/k, just had to go on my little rant cuz i hate it when false information is said about the Duke basketball team.
[/quote]

I wasn't talking about the DUKE basketball team you moron.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='240791' date='Mar 30 2006, 01:56 PM'][quote name='BlackJesus' post='240780' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:46 PM']
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240760' date='Mar 30 2006, 01:19 PM']
Please do a little research next time b4 u make a comment. I dont want to hear u say that the majority of NCAA players r black either because this thread was specifically about Duke.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]remember .... I hate white people .... I thought my fledging support of that stiff suck ass WR Walter left the emperor with no clothes

^_^ [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='240800' date='Mar 30 2006, 01:03 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='240791' date='Mar 30 2006, 01:56 PM']
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='240780' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:46 PM']
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240760' date='Mar 30 2006, 01:19 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]remember .... I hate white people .... I thought my fledging support of that stiff suck ass WR Walter left the emperor with no clothes

^_^ [/b]
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='85fanwilkes' post='240820' date='Mar 30 2006, 01:31 PM']Fucking [s]duke[/s] [color="#FF0000"]Sports[/color] players think that they can get away with anything just because they [s]go to duke and[/s] play a [s]college[/s] sport.[/quote]

Fixed it for you. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='240793' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:57 PM'][quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240760' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:19 PM']
[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='240750' date='Mar 30 2006, 11:56 AM']
It was on SportsCenter.

??? mostly black?
[/quote]

[/quote]

JJ Redick
Greg Paulus
Martynas Pocius
Josh McRoberts
Lee Melchionni
Jordan Davidson
Patrick Davidson
Patrick Johnson
Joe Pagliuca
Ross Perkins

and 6 black players

Shelden Williams
Demarcus Nelson
Sean Dockery
David McClure
Jamal Boykin
Eric Boateng

[/quote]

[/quote]

this topic is about Duke, so if u cant stay on topic, dont join in. hows that? why would we start talking about anotherschool when the whole thing we were talking about was Duke University?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='240822' date='Mar 30 2006, 01:33 PM'][quote name='85fanwilkes' post='240820' date='Mar 30 2006, 01:31 PM']
Fucking [s]duke[/s] [color="#FF0000"]Sports[/color] players think that they can get away with anything just because they [s]go to duke and[/s] play a [s]college[/s] sport.[/quote]

Fixed it for you. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]
[/quote]

thank u, now i dont have to fix it for him.

<_<
But back to the topic at hand.

There are some things here that I find truly disturbing.

I think the factors at play here are not only racial but also of social class distinction.

First off, for the sake of argument here, lets alter the scenario.

Lets say this incident happened at Florida State, involving members of an athletic
team that were predominately African American.

Lets say the "alleged" victims were white women.

What do you think what have happen by comparison to whats happening now?

I see three main things that would have been different.

For one, every player or student that was involved would have been suspended indefinitely
from the team and or the university until the legal process had ben concluded.
That would have happened immediatly either by the coach, A.D. or university president.

Second, this story would not have taken two weeks to leak to the press.
Every major network would have reporters on location giving you updates
everyday. There would have been a massive push for the head coach or A.D. to be
fired.

And finally, the presumption of innocence. Based on all the articles I have
read, the media has gone out of its way to sell the story that all the facts
have not yet been gathered and that no one is guilty of anything until the
evidence can be collected.......which is absolutely true. This is how the
media is supposed to write a story.....right? Do you think the media would
have been as fair if the scenario I layed out had happened? I don't.

Writers and talking heads would have been the accused player's judge,
jury and executioners. They would have had a field day with this scandal.
Everything online and tv would have been about how dirty and rotten the
schools' athletic program is. Does anyone disagree?

As it stands now, Duke has suspended its games but no one has been
suspended and the team continues to practice.

Now ask yourself this question.

Has the actions of Duke's administrators been more pro-active or reactive?

I choose the latter.

I find the developments at Duke University yet another sad commentary
of where we stand in America as far as racial and social-economical equality.

Lets just face the reality here.

Two women were hired to strip at a fraternity house and at least one them
alleges she was beaten and raped.

This is what we do know so far.

There were two women naked at a house full of intoxicated and wild young
men.

Two black women are accusing white students at one of the nations most
prestigious academic institutions of rape.

Thats the tale of the tape.

The sons of doctors and lawyers versus the two strippers.

I don't like those gals' chances.

[i]I know this is headed straight to the Jesus and Dubya forum[/i] :lol:

Guest CTBengalsFan

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240871' date='Mar 30 2006, 03:33 PM'][quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='240793' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:57 PM']
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240760' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:19 PM']
It was on SportsCenter.

??? mostly black?
[/quote]

[/quote]

JJ Redick
Greg Paulus
Martynas Pocius
Josh McRoberts
Lee Melchionni
Jordan Davidson
Patrick Davidson
Patrick Johnson
Joe Pagliuca
Ross Perkins

and 6 black players

Shelden Williams
Demarcus Nelson
Sean Dockery
David McClure
Jamal Boykin
Eric Boateng

[/quote]

[/quote]

this topic is about Duke, so if u cant stay on topic, dont join in. hows that? why would we start talking about anotherschool when the whole thing we were talking about was Duke University?

[/quote]

Because sneaky asked if it was mostly black players and white strippers would it be a bigger deal? So, yes, it WAS on topic, seeing as the Duke bball (and especially the Lacrosse) team isn't majority black. I know this concept is very complex, but please, maybe read it over again so you can fully understand this.

Dumbass. I wasn't talking about another school, I was making a hypothetical situation.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='241562' date='Mar 31 2006, 06:01 PM'][quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240871' date='Mar 30 2006, 03:33 PM']
[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='240793' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:57 PM']
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='240760' date='Mar 30 2006, 12:19 PM']
It was on SportsCenter.

??? mostly black?
[/quote]

[/quote]

JJ Redick
Greg Paulus
Martynas Pocius
Josh McRoberts
Lee Melchionni
Jordan Davidson
Patrick Davidson
Patrick Johnson
Joe Pagliuca
Ross Perkins

and 6 black players

Shelden Williams
Demarcus Nelson
Sean Dockery
David McClure
Jamal Boykin
Eric Boateng

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because sneaky asked if it was mostly black players and white strippers would it be a bigger deal? So, yes, it WAS on topic, seeing as the Duke bball (and especially the Lacrosse) team isn't majority black. I know this concept is very complex, but please, maybe read it over again so you can fully understand this.

[b]Dumbass.[/b] I wasn't talking about another school, I was making a hypothetical situation.
[/quote]

oh god. an internet hardass. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :crazy:

Archived