No more hockey in Cincinnati

Guest Gonzoid

Guest Gonzoid

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060405/SPT/304050012"]http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...5/SPT/304050012[/url]

Fuck. <_<

questions. in the article it says:

"Gardens Hockey Inc. will continue to own the franchise and the American Hockey League rights in Cincinnati."

does this mean next year they will try to start it up again and hopefully get the 2,000 ticket deposits?

it also says:

"The date American Hockey League franchises have to declare active or inactive for the 2006-07 season is May 15."

why not wait till may 14th to see if you've gotten the 2,000 ticket deposits? wtf gives?

Guest Gonzoid
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='244134' date='Apr 5 2006, 06:57 PM']questions. in the article it says:

"Gardens Hockey Inc. will continue to own the franchise and the American Hockey League rights in Cincinnati."

does this mean next year they will try to start it up again and hopefully get the 2,000 ticket deposits?

it also says:

"The date American Hockey League franchises have to declare active or inactive for the 2006-07 season is May 15."

why not wait till may 14th to see if you've gotten the 2,000 ticket deposits? wtf gives?[/quote]
Hockey next season? I doubt it. At least, not at the Gardens. As for the May 14th date, I wonder that myself. But I'm thinking it's more due to the available NHL affiliations around.

I still don't think this is over yet.

Hockey is enjoyable if your choices are between hockey, tennis and figure skating. And occaisonally, tennis is better, especially if Sharparova is playing....<<drools>>

I just can't get into hockey, no matter how hard I try. It's just not an American sport. It's played best by Nordic or Slovak white guys with names like Pilarchiczykneski that nobody can pronounce, it's filled with boorish behavior by players, and...they skate around an ice rink. They ARE tough guys, and puck handling, shooting,and goaltending on ice is certainly a skill, but...it's pretty lame if you ask me.
Watching hockey to me is filler in a lame attempt to recreate football in some bizarre way....because they hit each other and fight, I guess...

i, for one, play hockey. and fuck everyone who doesn't like it. by far the hardest sport i've ever played. if you've played before... against talented people... you will immediatly respect the sport. play for a full season at a skillful level and you will respect it more. hockey players are way tougher than football players. trust me. played both. football isn't nearly as difficult or as hard hitting. try standing in front of a slap shot and not moving so you can get control of the puck. then tell me its boring. please, just don't knock it until you've played it... and not just street hockey or something... on a team.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='WhoDey48' post='244249' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:31 PM']i, for one, play hockey. and fuck everyone who doesnt like it. by far the hardest sport ive ever played. if you've played before... against talented people... you will immediatly respect the sport. paly for a full season at skillful level and you will respect it more. hockey players are way tougher than football players. trust me. played both. football isnt nearly as dificult or as hard hitting. try standing in front of a slap shot and not moving so you can get control of the puck. then tell me its boring.[/quote]

kyle..... hockey is boring and you're soft. at the same time. so deal with it, little man.

:ninja:

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='244251' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:33 PM'][quote name='WhoDey48' post='244249' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:31 PM']
i, for one, play hockey. and fuck everyone who doesnt like it. by far the hardest sport ive ever played. if you've played before... against talented people... you will immediatly respect the sport. paly for a full season at skillful level and you will respect it more. hockey players are way tougher than football players. trust me. played both. football isnt nearly as dificult or as hard hitting. try standing in front of a slap shot and not moving so you can get control of the puck. then tell me its boring.[/quote]

kyle..... hockey is boring and you're soft. at the same time. so deal with it, little man.

[/quote]

come to open hockey tomorrow night mike. or any tuesday or thursday. i cordially invite you. weve got extra equipment for you. and if you cant skate... dont use it as an excuse. two dudes that were there last night could barely skate. glide around was more like it. but they played the god damn sport.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='WhoDey48' post='244253' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:36 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='244251' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:33 PM']
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='244249' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:31 PM']
i, for one, play hockey. and fuck everyone who doesnt like it. by far the hardest sport ive ever played. if you've played before... against talented people... you will immediatly respect the sport. paly for a full season at skillful level and you will respect it more. hockey players are way tougher than football players. trust me. played both. football isnt nearly as dificult or as hard hitting. try standing in front of a slap shot and not moving so you can get control of the puck. then tell me its boring.[/quote]

[/quote]

come to open hockey tomorrow night mike. i cordially invite you. weve got extra equipment for you.
[/quote]

nah, dude. i have some non-boring stuff to do like listening to music.... and masurbating.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='244254' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:37 PM'][quote name='WhoDey48' post='244253' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:36 PM']
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='244251' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:33 PM']

[/quote]

come to open hockey tomorrow night mike. i cordially invite you. weve got extra equipment for you.
[/quote]

nah, dude. i have some non-boring stuff to do like listening to music.... and masurbating.
[/quote]

tellin you man. play it and you wont find the shit to damn boring.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='WhoDey48' post='244256' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:39 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='244254' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:37 PM']
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='244253' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:36 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i would, but i cant ice skate. i did it once, and it hurt my teeth just thinking about the blades sliding across the ice over and over again, so i stopped.........its like the feeling of biting Ice....ahhh1!!! it hurts right now thinking about it. i can rollerblade like a muthafucka, though. the only time i like hockey is when I know someone's gonna score, and.... i never know that. so i....get bored and turn to water polo... :ninja:

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='244258' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:42 PM'][quote name='WhoDey48' post='244256' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:39 PM']
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='244254' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:37 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i would, but i cant ice skate. i did it once, and it hurt my teeth just thinking about the blades sliding across the ice over and over again, so i stopped.........its like the feeling of biting Ice....ahhh1!!! it hurts right now thinking about it. [size=3][b]i can rollerblade like a muthafucka[/b],[/size] though. the only time i like hockey is when I know someone's gonna score, and.... i never know that. so i....get bored and turn to water polo... :ninja:
[/quote]

hope you didnt lie about that. casue your in luck. we play inline hockey.

you need to come.

[quote name='WhoDey48' post='244249' date='Apr 5 2006, 09:31 PM']i, for one, play hockey. and fuck everyone who doesn't like it. by far the hardest sport i've ever played. if you've played before... against talented people... you will immediatly respect the sport. play for a full season at a skillful level and you will respect it more. hockey players are way tougher than football players. trust me. played both. football isn't nearly as difficult or as hard hitting. try standing in front of a slap shot and not moving so you can get control of the puck. then tell me its boring. please, just don't knock it until you've played it... and not just street hockey or something... on a team.[/quote]
If you can't skate, you cannot play hockey properly, and it isn't any fun. If you don't first grow up in a culture of ice-skating (places like Minnesota, Canada, Russia, etc, etc), you will NEVER be good at hockey, so don't pretend that the guys that couldn't skate were or could ever become any good....
...secondly, I played soccer for 18 years and was a very good goalie for several select teams when I lived in Virginia 18 years ago. I have to say WHAT A FUN SPORT TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT, like hockey, BORING AS SHIT TO WATCH LIVE OR ON TELEVISION!
Although I have to say I'd rather watch hockey on TV than soccer, and I never played hockey, at least, not on ice. Roller hockey with a tennis ball is pretty fun, I guess....

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='WhoDey48' post='244261' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:44 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='244258' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:42 PM']
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='244256' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:39 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i would, but i cant ice skate. i did it once, and it hurt my teeth just thinking about the blades sliding across the ice over and over again, so i stopped.........its like the feeling of biting Ice....ahhh1!!! it hurts right now thinking about it. [size=3][b]i can rollerblade like a muthafucka[/b],[/size] though. the only time i like hockey is when I know someone's gonna score, and.... i never know that. so i....get bored and turn to water polo... :ninja:
[/quote]

you need to come.
[/quote]

i havent done it in years, but i was a monster. used to be in all the races n shit on the school "skate night", and i used to win them and get the candies. i used to get all the candies. and put them in my treasure box and let them get old and never eat them and just stare at them licking my lips.

I DONT WANNA COME!!!!!!! I DONT LIKE IT, AND I DONT WANNA EMBARASS MYSELF!!!!!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='244262' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:44 PM'][quote name='WhoDey48' post='244249' date='Apr 5 2006, 09:31 PM']
i, for one, play hockey. and fuck everyone who doesn't like it. by far the hardest sport i've ever played. if you've played before... against talented people... you will immediatly respect the sport. play for a full season at a skillful level and you will respect it more. hockey players are way tougher than football players. trust me. played both. football isn't nearly as difficult or as hard hitting. try standing in front of a slap shot and not moving so you can get control of the puck. then tell me its boring. please, just don't knock it until you've played it... and not just street hockey or something... on a team.[/quote]
If you can't skate, you cannot play hockey properly, and it isn't any fun. If you don't first grow up in a culture of ice-skating (places like Minnesota, Canada, Russia, etc, etc), you will NEVER be good at hockey, so don't pretend that the guys that couldn't skate were or could ever become any good....
...secondly, I played soccer for 18 years and was a very good goalie for several select teams when I lived in Virginia 18 years ago. I have to say WHAT A FUN SPORT TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT, like hockey, BORING AS SHIT TO WATCH LIVE OR ON TELEVISION!
Although I have to say I'd rather watch hockey on TV than soccer, and I never played hockey, at least, not on ice. Roller hockey with a tennis ball is pretty fun, I guess....
[/quote]

i agree with your points.

inline hockey is where its at. seems faster to me. and definately more goals.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='244263' date='Apr 5 2006, 09:45 PM'][b]I DONT WANNA COME!!!!!!! I DONT LIKE IT, AND I DONT WANNA EMBARASS MYSELF!!!!![/b][/quote]

Isn't that your job on tihs board? Kinda the reason we keep you around?
:badger:

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='Bunghole' post='244265' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:47 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='244263' date='Apr 5 2006, 09:45 PM']

[b]I DONT WANNA COME!!!!!!! I DONT LIKE IT, AND I DONT WANNA EMBARASS MYSELF!!!!![/b][/quote]

Isn't that your job on tihs board? Kinda the reason we keep you around?
:badger:
[/quote]

shut yo mouf

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='244263' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:45 PM'][quote name='WhoDey48' post='244261' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:44 PM']
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='244258' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:42 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you need to come.
[/quote]

i havent done it in years, but i was a monster. used to be in all the races n shit on the school "skate night", and i used to win them and get the candies. i used to get all the candies. and put them in my treasure box and let them get old and never eat them and just stare at them licking my lips.

[/quote]

thats all i needed to hear.
ha... in all honesty though. this was my first year playing. it was tough shit being one of the uh... "not so good" players. but i held my own. scored a few goals. even though i played D. but you have to start somewhere so i played with my tyler morton, dontk now if you know him or not, and tracey and tylers brothers in a novice league before sycamores very first inline hockey season. so we learned the ropes. then we played well enough in the pre season tourny to wualify to play in the varisty level instead of jv.

hockeys the shit though.

[quote name='WhoDey48' post='244268' date='Apr 5 2006, 09:51 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='244263' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:45 PM']
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='244261' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:44 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you need to come.
[/quote]

[/quote]

ha... in all honesty though. this was my first year playing. it was tough shit being one of the uh... "not so good" players. but i held my own. scored a few goals. even though i played D. but you have to start somewhere so i played with my tyler morton, dontk now if you know him or not, and tracey and tylers brothers in a novice league before sycamores very first inline hockey season. so we learned the ropes. then we played well enough in the pre season tourny to wualify to play in the varisty level instead of jv.

hockeys the shit though.
[/quote]
Apparently your combined love for hockey and BAB is conspiring against your ability to speell very gud.....

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='Bunghole' post='244270' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:55 PM'][quote name='WhoDey48' post='244268' date='Apr 5 2006, 09:51 PM']
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='244263' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:45 PM']
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='244261' date='Apr 5 2006, 11:44 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you need to come.
[/quote]

[/quote]

hockeys the shit though.
[/quote]
Apparently your combined love for hockey and BAB is conspiring against your ability to speell very gud.....
[/quote]

wat can i say? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//6.gif[/img]

And the fact that I have shown even remote interest in this topic simply reflects my simple desire to argue with anyone thet I remotely disagree with for some vague sense of satisfaction, AND, it is the offseason, bitches....

[/quote]
[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]
i type to fast for myself and mis spell everything when typoing. see that last word for example... im not even gonna correct it. o well... shit happens.

ps: BAB and hockey = :wub:

Archived