Broncos | Rumor alert: Trading up in the NFL Draft

DaltonGreen

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports one rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos packaging their No. 15 and No. 22 picks in the first round of the NFL Draft to move up to No. 5 (Green Bay) or No. 6 (San Francisco) to take Maryland TE Vernon Davis, whose football ability, size and speed make him an off-the-charts NFL prospect. Interest from Denver makes sense, because the Broncos need a tight end and a playmaker, but there are reasons Denver might not want to trade up that high. The Broncos might not want to pay a player as much as a top-five pick would earn. Denver likely would rather spread its money between two first-round picks.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='246577' date='Apr 9 2006, 06:17 PM']I can definitely see that happening because Denver is 1 offensive playmaker away from having a very good team and the Packers and Niners need talent everywhere.[/quote]

very well said

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='246577' date='Apr 9 2006, 06:17 PM']I can definitely see that happening because Denver is 1 offensive playmaker away from having a very good team and the Packers and Niners need talent everywhere.[/quote]

Agreed.

Although if I were in Denver's shoes, I would keep the two first rounders. This draft is too stacked with talent to give both of them up.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='248033' date='Apr 12 2006, 12:07 AM']Agreed.

Although if I were in Denver's shoes, I would keep the two first rounders. This draft is too stacked with talent to give both of them up.[/quote]

Yes, If Davis slips past 7 or 8, I could see packaging one of the 1s and a 2 or 3 and move up to take him.

Archived