General Kabaka Oba

Storm

I never heard of him before today.

I have been doing some web surfing to find out more about him. The only things that
I have found was that he was a main leader and activist against police brutality and racism
in the aftermath of the Timothy Thomas shooting, and the Cincinnati riots of 2001.

The media is also labeling him a "black sepratist", but I have no came upon any quotes that
support that.

Hmmm....very interesting.

If he pulls through, I may attempt to go to one of his "Black Fist" meetings just for shits and giggles.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='248378' date='Apr 12 2006, 05:39 PM']sneaky stay away, now that your celebate.. any "black fist(ing)" will make it that much tougher on you to stay on the path.
:ninja:[/quote]

Does anybody remember that scene from the first "Scary Movie", where Anna Farris' character is
riding her boyfriend and he blows this gigantic wad that sends her literally stuck the ceiling smothered
in goo?

I'm going to be that guy pretty soon here. I am so tempted to call BAB's mom, for a quick hit and run session, but I must remain strong.

Anyway, one day I want to get with a Hollywood make up artist, become a white guy, and attend a
KKK or white supremisct rally too. I will be singing and dancing, drinking Old Miluakee, and grabbing the booties of white women
as I celebrate white power with my brothern.

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060412/NEWS01/399990066"]http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...EWS01/399990066[/url]

[b]Activist shot near City Hall
BY DAN KLEPAL | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER
Community activist General Kabaka Oba was shot shortly after 3 p.m. today outside Cincinnati City Hall, soon after he had spoken before City Council.

The 48-year-old Oba was shot – possibly as many as three times – while he was in his green Mustang on Plum Street.

Paramedics treating Oba on the sidewalk kept talking to him as they loaded him onto a stretcher, telling him, “Keep breathing, Kabaka, keep breathing,” and “hang on.”

The paramedics identified three exit wounds. He was bleeding from the abdomen and leg and did not appear to be conscious as paramedics took him away.

About two hours after the shooting, Keith Staples, an administrator of the trauma Unit at University Hospital, said Oba was in surgery in critical condition.

"He's holding on," Staples said.

The passsenger-side window in Oba’s car was shot out and there were two bullet holes in the windshield on the passenger side.

A witness told police that he saw a man shoot and heard him yell “Yeehaw!” like he was having fun.

Oba had just finished addressing City Council.

Oba’s condition was unclear Wednesday afternoon. His friend Joy Rolland was sobbing Wednesday after hearing the news.

“I'm trying to find out what happened, I'm waiting to hear,” said Rolland as she drove to the hospital.

“I would have been at the meeting with Kabaka, but I was really tired and didn’t feel like going so I stayed back,” she said. “We’re really close.”

At least four shots were heard as council’s meeting continued, and council members and staffers rushed out onto the street to see what was happening.

Councilman Cecil Thomas, a former police officer, said, “It was loud. I knew right away what it was. The only question was where it was coming from. We’ve got a serious problem and we’ve got to deal with it.”

Councilman David Crowley also heard the “yeehaw” yell.

“It almost sounded like a celebratory laugh. I’m shocked,” Crowley said.

Police Chief Thomas Streicher said, “I have a suspect. That’s all I’m going to say.”

“We don’t believe this is a random act of violence. Prelimninary indication is this was a specifically targeted incident.”

Police were looking for a late 1980s maroon or red Ford Tempo with peeling paint.

The shooting suspect was described as a black man with a noticeable afro.

Oba, of Lincoln Heights, is a Metro bus driver and failed candidate for Hamilton County Commission.

Oba was arrested last year and charged with witness intimidation
and retaliation for an alleged threat he made to an employee of Junebug's restaurant.

The charges were dropped after the victim declined to go forward with charges on the day of trial.

That arrest and the time he spent in jail before the charges were dropped often were the subject of Oba’s comments to Hamilton County commissioners during the portion of meetings that allow for public comments.

In that case, Oba was indicted under his given name, Michael Bailey.

Oba has been an outspoken critic of Cincinnati police and is the founder of an organization called Black Fist.

[/b]

[quote name='Storm' post='248401' date='Apr 12 2006, 06:26 PM'][b]A witness told police that he saw a man shoot and heard him yell “Yeehaw!” like he was having fun.

Councilman David Crowley also heard the “yeehaw” yell.

“It almost sounded like a celebratory laugh. I’m shocked,” Crowley said.

The shooting suspect was described as a black man with a noticeable afro.[/b][/quote]and lets just be honest here for a second... if you aint seen a "black man with a noticeable afro" who yells "yeehaw" as a "celebratory laugh" after shooting the leader of the "black fist"

well... you aint seen nothing

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='248407' date='Apr 12 2006, 06:53 PM']and lets just be honest here for a second... if you aint seen a "black man with a noticeable afro" who yells "yeehaw" as a "celebratory laugh" after shooting the leader of the "black fist"

well... you aint seen nothing[/quote]

I have never seen or heard any black person yell "yeehaw" in my entire life.

I believe the shooting suspect, painting his face in shoe polish, wore an afro wig, and shot
General Kabakka Obi Won Konobi.

Yes, Im saying the shooter was a white man, probably from the rival gang "white feet".

[quote name='ONYX' post='248415' date='Apr 12 2006, 07:16 PM']I have never seen or heard any black person yell "yeehaw" in my entire life.

I believe the shooting suspect, painting his face in shoe polish, wore an afro wig, and shot
General Kabakka Obi Won Konobi.

Yes, Im saying the shooter was a white man, probably from [b]the rival gang "white feet".[/b][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guest BlackJesus
[center][size=4][b]Possible Shooters .... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.cowboysoul.com/images/TreNRnone.jpg[/img][/b][/size][/center]

Guest BlackJesus

[b]On a serious aside ....

the shooter was most likely black .... but it wouldn't suprise me to find out that he was hired by (FBI, CIA, or someone in the government).

Like Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr, and the like .... being an out spoken black public figure usually has a short shelf life. Especially if you don't cow tow to corporate interests like the lackey lawn jockeys that are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Black leaders that preach true Liberation .... usually wind up shot .... and the sad thing is that there are usually plenty of "Willing shooters" that can be bought within the black community itself. <_< [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='248419' date='Apr 12 2006, 07:25 PM'][center][size=4][b]Possible Shooters .... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.cowboysoul.com/images/TreNRnone.jpg[/img][/b][/size][/center][/quote]

Where did you get that pic of Danville?

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='248420' date='Apr 12 2006, 07:28 PM'][b]On a serious aside ....

the shooter was most likely black .... but it wouldn't suprise me to find out that he was hired by (FBI, CIA, or someone in the government).
Like Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr, and the like .... being an out spoken black public figure usually has a short shelf life. Especially if you don't cow tow to corporate interests like the lackey lawn jockeys that are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Black leaders that preach true Liberation .... usually wind up shot .... and the sad thing is that there are usually plenty of "Willing shooters" that can be bought within the black community itself. <_< [/b][/quote]
this guy wasnt a black leader, most black people here dont like him. He is actually an idiot, both figuratively and literally. He was a freakin bus driver (no offense to bus drivers) who has been arrested several times and should be in jail now but somehow he got off on his witness intimidation charges when a witness refused to testify in court.

[quote name='whodey319' post='248450' date='Apr 12 2006, 09:18 PM']this guy wasnt a black leader, most black people here dont like him. He is actually an idiot, both figuratively and literally. He was a freakin bus driver (no offense to bus drivers) who has been arrested several times and should be in jail now but somehow he got off on his witness intimidation charges when a witness refused to testify in court.[/quote]

1. You say, "most black people here don't like him". However, I find that hard to believe,
because he was at the forefront in the aftermath of the Cincinnati race riots and he has
been the city's police department harshest critic and its not like there is a love affair between
Cincinnati's police department and the black community. If there were blacks who disliked
him, it probably were the same ones who watched BET all day everyday, I know cause they
dislike me also. Thats a good thing, that means as a black man, you have displayed intellectual
thought and you are articulate in presenting it. That alone will ostracize you in most black social
circles.

2. You call him a idiot. Why? What has he said or done that makes you feel this way?

3. I can respect a guy who actually has a real day job. The fact he is a bus driver says that
what he does he does from personal conviction and he is not a hired mouth piece like Al Sharpton
or Jesse Jackson.

4. I have never heard of him until today, I actually hopes he survives so that I can find out more
about his philosophy or purpose. As far as his run ins with the law, could it be possible that since
he goes to city council every week to talk about how much the city's police department sucks
and how racist they are, that he makes himself a huge target. I imagine he gets no love from the
police department, media or police department supporters.

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='sneaky' post='248466' date='Apr 12 2006, 10:26 PM']Oh my gosh!!!!

I just thought of something. Has anyone seen Coy today?

I hope General Oba wasn't actually Coy.[/quote]

****** please!

Kabaka has that general without an army clown schtick but he's cool. The bad thing is that this town is so full of handkerchief-head Negro token shills that when they want to make an example out of somebody they have to pick soembody that few people take seriously like poor ol' Kabaka. But then again in a a silly-assed hick town like this he could have been shot for just about any stupid reason.

Oh well.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='248489' date='Apr 12 2006, 11:41 PM']****** please!

Kabaka has that general without an army clown schtick but he's cool. The bad thing is that this town is so full of handkerchief-head Negro token shills that when they want to make an example out of somebody they have to pick soembody that few people take seriously like poor ol' Kabaka. But then again in a a silly-assed hick town like this he could have been shot for just about any stupid reason.

Oh well.[/quote]

Nice to see you are ok, Coy.

This handkerchief-head Negro token shill, cares abouts you man.

^_^

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='248420' date='Apr 12 2006, 07:28 PM'][b]On a serious aside ....

Like Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr, and the like .... being an out spoken black public figure usually has a short shelf life. Especially if you don't cow tow to corporate interests like the lackey lawn jockeys that are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Black leaders that preach true Liberation .... usually wind up shot .... and the sad thing is that there are usually plenty of "Willing shooters" that can be bought within the black community itself. <_< [/b][/quote]

I'm pretty sure we are soul mates.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='sneaky' post='248459' date='Apr 12 2006, 09:46 PM']1. You say, "most black people here don't like him". However, I find that hard to believe,
because he was at the forefront in the aftermath of the Cincinnati race riots and he has
been the city's police department harshest critic and its not like there is a love affair between
Cincinnati's police department and the black community. If there were blacks who disliked
him, it probably were the same ones who watched BET all day everyday, I know cause they
dislike me also. Thats a good thing, that means as a black man, you have displayed intellectual
thought and you are articulate in presenting it. That alone will ostracize you in most black social
circles.

[b]2. You call him a idiot. Why? What has he said or done that makes you feel this way?[/b]

3. I can respect a guy who actually has a real day job. The fact he is a bus driver says that
what he does he does from personal conviction and he is not a hired mouth piece like Al Sharpton
or Jesse Jackson.

4. I have never heard of him until today, I actually hopes he survives so that I can find out more
about his philosophy or purpose. As far as his run ins with the law, could it be possible that since
he goes to city council every week to talk about how much the city's police department sucks
and how racist they are, that he makes himself a huge target. I imagine he gets no love from the
police department, media or police department supporters.[/quote]

he has walked around downtown doing riots holding signs saying ALL Police Officers are PIGS and then holds other signs that say ALL PIGS SHOULD DIE!

that right there is something wrong.

Im all for people standing up for their race, but this guy basically fights the white community with death threats and racism of his own. He does NOTHING but make everything worse.

He was on Willies show on 700wlw the other day and said all police officers need to die and then Willie hung up on him. The funniest thing is the police officers around City Hall saved his life for the time being and it was said if they weren't right there and didnt act immediately then he wouldnt of even made it to the hospital. So the people he says should be dead saved his life, atleast for the time being.

Most of the black community in Cincinnati hates this guy because all he has done is cause MORE racial tension. He does nothing positive in this city and today just gives the WHITE community more leverage. What is the biggest negative in Cincinnati? Black on black crime. What happend today? More black on black crime. You shoulda heard CBS after this shooting. This town is SO fucked when it comes to fixing race issues. If he survives these gun shots then this shit is gonna get ridiculous.

This guy is a jackass, but i hope he comes through alright.

Guest BengalBacker

He's on WLW with Willie all the time. He's sort of an unintentional parody.

They have him on because on most things he's so extreme he comes across as foolish. An easy target for Willie. They always play clips of things he's said, like: "The black man is for the black woman, and the white man is for the white woman".

Personally I think he's just another schill like the tv evangelists, trying to make a living by "leading people". I don't think most of the posters here who are black would be very impressed with, or inspired by him. While you would agree with some of what he says, you would cringe at others.

Anyway, he doesn't deserve to be shot on the street. Well, maybe he does, I don't know, but I'm certainly not hoping he dies. Hope this doesn't somehow turn into a reason for escalated tensions between the races. Nobody needs that shit. Even if the shooter was black, believe it or not, some people will immediately assume it was the FBI, or the CIA, or or some other evil conspiracy.

^_^

Oh yeah, his name is pronounced Kuh-bah-kuh Ah-buh

Archived