D-train and Miguel a RED?!?!

Palmer4HOF

Guest CrazyIrishman5

Stop hating on Dunn!!!!!!!! :angry: The Reds will not trade Dunn, so get over it!
Now the trade, I would do this trade in a heart beat but it sounds fishy to me. I understand Kearns and Encarnacion but Wagner! Why would the Marlins want Wagner? I would think they would go after Homer Bailey or Jay Bruce.

Guest CrazyIrishman5

This lineup would kick ass!

1.Freel rf
2.Lopez ss
3.Jr cf
4.Cabrera 3b
5.Dunn lf
6.Aurilia 2b
7.Hatteberg 1b
8.Valentin c
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='249849' date='Apr 15 2006, 01:41 AM']Stop hating on Dunn!!!!!!!! :angry: The Reds will not trade Dunn, so get over it!
Now the trade, I would do this trade in a heart beat but it sounds fishy to me. I understand Kearns and Encarnacion but Wagner! Why would the Marlins want Wagner? I would think they would go after Homer Bailey or Jay Bruce.[/quote]

they have plenty of SP, looking for a closer AND they know how to scout talent better than all.

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='249855' date='Apr 15 2006, 01:53 AM']This lineup would kick ass!

1.Freel rf
2.Lopez ss
3.Jr cf
4.Cabrera 3b
5.Dunn lf
6.Aurilia 2b
7.Hatteberg 1b
8.Valentin c
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:[/quote]

the lineup would be more like:

1.Freel 3B
2.Lopez SS
3.Cabrera RF
4.Dunn LF
5.Griffey CF
6.Phillips/Aurilia 2B
7.Hatteberg 1B
8.Valentin/Larue C

Cabrera has an amazing arm and was originaly brought into the majors as a RF. Putting Freel in RF would destroy any chance we would ever have of throwing people out or stopping teams from taking risks.

You cant move Dunn out of the # 4 spot. He would be in between 2 amazing hitters and that would help him see better pitches and he needs all the help he can get. And there is NO way u dont bat Cabrera 3rd. That 2-3-4-5 might be one of the best in baseball history if we had it. Lopez is going to be a top 3 SS in the ML for years to come and Cabrera is one of the best young hitters and he doesnt even have any protection right now and Dunn and Griffey speak for themselves.

Guest Johnsons4Life
I dont like giving up Edwin. But for that trade I would. As long as we keep those guys for a few years. I think Edwin is gonna be an all-star.

No chance this happens. Reds would sell out the rest of their games this year.

We HAVE to do this if it is real. D-Train on the Cards would end us.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='249879' date='Apr 15 2006, 02:43 AM']they have plenty of SP, looking for a closer AND they know how to scout talent better than all.

1.Freel 3B
2.Lopez SS
3.Cabrera RF
4.Dunn LF
[b]5.Griffey CF[/b]
6.Phillips/Aurilia 2B
7.Hatteberg 1B
8.Valentin/Larue C

Cabrera has an amazing arm and was originaly brought into the majors as a RF. Putting Freel in RF would destroy any chance we would ever have of throwing people out or stopping teams from taking risks.

You cant move Dunn out of the # 4 spot. He would be in between 2 amazing hitters and that would help him see better pitches and he needs all the help he can get. And there is NO way u dont bat Cabrera 3rd. That 2-3-4-5 might be one of the best in baseball history if we had it. Lopez is going to be a top 3 SS in the ML for years to come and Cabrera is one of the best young hitters and he doesnt even have any protection right now and Dunn and Griffey speak for themselves.[/quote]

Griffey wont bat 5th

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='250012' date='Apr 15 2006, 12:54 PM']Griffey wont bat 5th[/quote]

Dunn wouldnt move out of 4 and they wouldnt put Cabrera anywhere but 5. Sorry NAMES can be cool to homers and shit, but the best Talents go in the best places.

Cabrera is a 1000 times better than Griffey now. Take off the homer goggles. Not to mention lineups should stay the same year round and Griffey cant be their year round so keep the 1-4 in tact as it should. Griffey isnt worth a 3 or 4 spot and hasnt been since he got here.

If he hasnt been worth the 3 or 4 spot then why is he still batting 3rd? That should tell you something. whether its right or not, Griffey wont bat anything but 3rd. If you remember the uprising a couple years ago when he batted 4th and i think 5th, then you should understand. When your paying a superstar 10-12 mil, sometimes the "best thing for the team" doesnt always happen. No knock on grif

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='250026' date='Apr 15 2006, 01:06 PM']If he hasnt been worth the 3 or 4 spot then why is he still batting 3rd? That should tell you something. whether its right or not, Griffey wont bat anything but 3rd. If you remember the uprising a couple years ago when he batted 4th and i think 5th, then you should understand. When your paying a superstar 10-12 mil, sometimes the "best thing for the team" doesnt always happen. No knock on grif[/quote]

well, cabrera would be the future of the team and i doubt he would want to resign if we let some fuckin crybaby get his way because he used to be good (definitely a knock on griff). Griffey is not a team player and never has been, thats why he bitches when moved in the order and bitches if he has to leave CF. He is an arrogant asshole and the team will be much better off when he is gone. Addition by subtraction.

He isnt worth the 3 or 4 spot. We dont have any legit 3 hitters and Dunn is a 4 spot hitter. If kearns reaches his potential then he is a # 3 hitter and Lopez has the ability to steal too many bases to bat 3rd. He is great at 2nd.

Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera aren't going anywhere.

So said Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria, who tersely dispelled growing speculation that the team might soon be looking to trade its two biggest stars.

''They are so unfounded as to be ridiculous,'' Loria said Friday of the rumors, which have surfaced in recent days on television and in print.

``We are not shopping players. We're rebuilding a team here.''

Loria, speaking just hours before Willis took the mound to face the Washington Nationals, said he doesn't normally comment on trade rumors. But he told The Miami Herald that he thought it was necessary to make an exception in this case, calling the rumors false and ``irresponsible.''

Willis, who finished second in the National League Cy Young Award voting last season after setting a franchise mark with 22 wins, is making $4.35 million, which represents more than a fourth of the team's majors-low on-field payroll of about $15 million.

Cabrera is making $472,000 but is expected to see a large pay increase next season when he becomes eligible for arbitration for the first time.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='250043' date='Apr 15 2006, 01:31 PM']well, cabrera would be the future of the team and i doubt he would want to resign if we let some fuckin crybaby get his way because he used to be good (definitely a knock on griff). Griffey is not a team player and never has been, thats why he bitches when moved in the order and bitches if he has to leave CF. He is an arrogant asshole and the team will be much better off when he is gone. Addition by subtraction.

He isnt worth the 3 or 4 spot. We dont have any legit 3 hitters and Dunn is a 4 spot hitter. If kearns reaches his potential then he is a # 3 hitter and Lopez has the ability to steal too many bases to bat 3rd. He is great at 2nd.[/quote]

griffey must have pissed in your weaties

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='dieselman44' post='250180' date='Apr 15 2006, 07:53 PM']griffey must have pissed in your weaties[/quote]

na just a guy with so much talent that never used it all. pisses me off cuz he could have been 10 times better than he was and still could be, but he doesnt seem to have the care for the game anymore.

and for that, id like to piss in his wheaties :headbang:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='250184' date='Apr 15 2006, 08:06 PM']na just a guy with so much talent that never used it all. pisses me off cuz he could have been 10 times better than he was and still could be, but he doesnt seem to have the care for the game anymore.
and for that, id like to piss in his wheaties :headbang:[/quote]

You are a fucking retard...Griffey tries his hardest whenever he steps on the field unless he grounds out and in that case he may not run his hardest but i would rather have that them him getting hurt trying to beat out a ground ball that he has no chance to beat out...griffey not being the player he coulda been is only due to unfortunate injuries...Griffey is what makes the Mlb good...he is a great player and hes obviously not on steriods like most of the other power hitters...and about him not being a 3 hitter I recall last year he batted .301 with 35 hrs and 92 rbis and didnt even play a whole month and didnt homer the whole first month...he could have easily been around 40-45 hrs and 110 rbis...i would say thats pretty solid for a 3 hitter you dumb fuck

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='250185' date='Apr 15 2006, 08:10 PM']You are a fucking retard...[b]Griffey tries his hardest whenever he steps on the field[/b] unless he grounds out and in that case he may not run his hardest but i would rather have that them him getting hurt trying to beat out a ground ball that he has no chance to beat out...griffey not being the player he coulda been is only due to unfortunate injuries...[b]Griffey is what makes the Mlb good[/b]...[b]he is a great player and hes obviously not on steriods like most of the other power hitters[/b]...and about him not being a 3 hitter I recall last year he batted .301 with 35 hrs and 92 rbis and didnt even play a whole month and didnt homer the whole first month...[b]he could have easily been around 40-45 hrs and 110 rbis...i would say thats pretty solid for a 3 hitter you dumb fuck[/b][/quote]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bold # 1: HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bold # 2: No one gives a shit about the Reds or Griffey, so no he doesnt make MLB good. The ability for some small market teams to compete and the guys like Pujols, Vladdy, Arod, Bonds, Hafner make the MLB good.

Bold # 3: You cant really prove he isnt on steroids. He may not be a monster, but he is a lot bigger physically than he used to be in his first years in Seattle. He also had quite the HR increase in Seattle and now he is getting injured alot with freak injuries. All of these things are kind of things involved with the use of steroids. I dont believe he has done steroids but it isnt a guarantee like u want to state.

Bold # 4: I didnt say he wasnt a good hitter, but its fucking obvious...YOU DUMB FUCK [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] that Cabrera is MUCH better at this stage than griffey. I prefer his 323 avg, 33 HRs and 116 RBIs WHILE ON A SHITTY OFFENSIVE TEAM to Griffeys #s. AND Cabrera can ALSO stay healthy which gives him another reason he is a better # 3 hitter. ALSO you claim well Griffey didnt HR the first month...who's fault is that? I cant help that Griffey isnt consistent enough like Cabrera and contribute year round and that he cant stay healthy. JUST becuase Griffey hit 35 in 2 less months doesnt make him a better player. He also hit a lot of HRs last season during games that were during blow outs and when we didnt need them.

Griffey is good, but Cabrera is better now. Quit being a homer and open your eyes this isnt 1995, Griffey isnt top 20 now. He used to be top 3 but not anymore.

Guest CrazyIrishman5
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='249879' date='Apr 15 2006, 02:43 AM']they have plenty of SP, looking for a closer AND they know how to scout talent better than all.

1.Freel 3B
2.Lopez SS
3.Cabrera RF
4.Dunn LF
5.Griffey CF
6.Phillips/Aurilia 2B
7.Hatteberg 1B
8.Valentin/Larue C

You cant move Dunn out of the # 4 spot. He would be in between 2 amazing hitters and that would help him see better pitches and he needs all the help he can get. And there is NO way u dont bat Cabrera 3rd. That 2-3-4-5 might be one of the best in baseball history if we had it. Lopez is going to be a top 3 SS in the ML for years to come and Cabrera is one of the best young hitters and he doesnt even have any protection right now and Dunn and Griffey speak for themselves.[/quote]
Cabrera did not come up in RF! He played a 3B and only move because Mike Lowell was playing 3B at the time!
[quote][b]2002 Career Highlights[/b]
made the move from shortstop to third base, while establishing career highs in virtually every offensive category in his first season with Jupiter... played in a career-best 124 games and set new single-season marks in batting average (.274), at-bats (489), runs scored (77), hits (134), doubles (43), homers (nine), RBI (75) and steals (10)... ranked first in the Florida State League in doubles and third in extra-base hits (53).
[url="http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player_career.jsp?player_id=408234&y=2002"]http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...d=408234&y=2002[/url][/quote]
1.Freel RF
2.Lopez SS
3.Jr CF
4.Cabrera 3B
5.Dunn LF
6.Aurilia 2B
7.Hatteberg 1B
8.Valentin C
This would be the lineup because you have to split up the two left handed batters(Jr and Dunn)!

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='#22' post='250202' date='Apr 15 2006, 09:12 PM']Griffey is just like his father. He is so talented that he makes it look effortless.
I believe it was Sparky himself who said the same thing[/quote]

its true that he looks effortless, just like Arod and Grant Hill and Jordan and Lebron in the NBA, BUT Griffey can blast one in the gap, which would easily be a double and it turns into a single cuz he didnt take off from the box. If u watch mainy highlights now since he may never really get back to that he did it alot. It was a knock on him in Seattle.

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='250217' date='Apr 15 2006, 10:33 PM']Cabrera did not come up in RF! He played a 3B and only move because Mike Lowell was playing 3B at the time!

1.Freel RF
2.Lopez SS
3.Jr CF
4.Cabrera 3B
5.Dunn LF
6.Aurilia 2B
7.Hatteberg 1B
8.Valentin C
This would be the lineup because you have to split up the two left handed batters(Jr and Dunn)![/quote]

Cabreras first EVER OF position was RF because of his arm. Freel cant throw worht a shit and if ur intelligent in baseball u put arms in RF. Freel would go to 3B because he is a much better infielder than OF. Cabrera is good at 3B and RF. He would be best suited for this team in RF because he has one of the strongest arms in baseball. Cabrera wouldnt bat 4th. Dunn is a # 4 hitter period. Cabrera would be 3. This team cant be run by a hasbeen. Cabrera = 1000 times better than Griffey is now and if wasnt put in the 3 spot i doubt he would even want to resign with this team cuz they play favorites and dont base it on talent.

IF we can agree on something, the team would be a HELL of a lot better off this way. Even if Griffey bossed the team around and fucked up the lineup, it would still be better than now. You dont really need to break up lefties when 1 of them is Griffey because he doesnt have a weakness with it, especially with the way some of the people believe on here (he is superman!). Miley was the fuckin moron that would base his life on those Lefty/Right ideas. Miley had to be one of the worst MLB coaches of all time.

This team needs to find a damn starting lineup and order and stick with it. This platoon shit is only gonna piss off EVERYONE platooning instead of just 2 of the 3 who get benched. The batting lineup needs to stay the same because it will benefit the hitters having a consistent order. Why are we like hte only team in baseball who cant put the same lineup every day. Its not like these guys platooning are that great or anyhting. My god Detroit gave Magglio the day off today and kept Chris Shelton the BEST/HOTTEST HITTER IN BASEBALL RIGHT NOW in the 5 spot instead of moving him up to 3. They put Maggs replacement up at the 3 spot. Why cant we do this? Obviously what we have been doing hte past 3 years doesnt work. I think its pretty well known im not fond of Freel, but he is better than Womack or Aurilia for this team so bench those 2 and start Freel. Keep someone fucking consistent. This is the same thing we did that fucked Kearns and Pena over. It is probably hte reason neither of them are at their potential level because we kept fucking them both over. If i was Kearns id want to get the fuck out of this place. And if i was Dunn and Lopez id want to get the fuck out too. The manager never has a fuckin backbone and is a pussy and cant handle a team like he should. Why the fuck is Burns still in the majors too? Why the fuck do we plan on keeping 3 shitty catchers? Why do we have 4 2B with 2 being severly over the hill? Im glad we finally have a damn closer designated. Lots of frustration here and i think the good record pisses me off more because if we were losing id like the multiple changes to find something, but when we put a good team on the field we switch it up the next day and that drives me nuts.

I never said Griffey was better than Cabrera what I said was I think Griffey tries pretty hard and you have no right to bash him on not trying hard...i would rather have him run a little slower once in a while then have him have a freak injury rounding first base or something....quit complaining about everything about the reds...you dont even seem like a reds fan so maybe you should just stop posting here

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='250280' date='Apr 16 2006, 12:50 AM']I never said Griffey was better than Cabrera what I said was I think Griffey tries pretty hard and you have no right to bash him on not trying hard...i would rather have him run a little slower once in a while then have him have a freak injury rounding first base or something....quit complaining about everything about the reds...you dont even seem like a reds fan so maybe you should just stop posting here[/quote]

im probably a much bigger Reds fan than u r. Im just very critical of the product they put out there because even tho management is fixing things, there is still quite a bit of shit to get fixed. Narron was lucky the transaction went late because u can really tell Castellini wants a new manager and i cant wiat till we get one.

I will root for every POS or badass we ever throw in a Reds jersey, jsut like a do with the Bengals. Doesnt mean im not going to be critical tho. Basically im a lot like Go is for the Bengals, im critical of certain Reds.

I want Dunn, Kearns and company to succeed, but it doesnt mean i have to like them. Kearns has the ability to be great, but something is lacking with him mentally. And Dunn needs some serious help with his swing because he could be so amazing but we dont have a hitting coach thats worth a shit.

Im the guy on this board who defends Harang, Claussen, Milton, and Williams while everyone else bashes them like jackasses, but im the Reds fan that should go...that makes a hell of a lot of sense, oh well coming from u explains a lot :wave: j/k

Reds rnt getting Willis or Cabrera and they will finish about 500 and be a success, but people will be disappointed because of our very strong start.

Atleast im a Reds fan who criticizes them BUT also financially supports them. I hate the jackasses that live in the area and rip the Reds about anything (including money spent) and doesnt even go to games. Im in college and only work probably 8 months a year part time, but i try and go to 15-30 Reds games a year and i dont get tix in the top section ever cuz i want to support them no matter how good or bad the product on the field is. For a few years in HS i had a lot of money saved up and went in a 4th with 3 other guys on 2 season tix and we all split them to have 41 tix each. Just cuz i own tix doesnt give me a reason to criticize, but one of the most fun things to do is bitch :). Either way i bleed Red in the spring/summer and will always support them. The only negative i bring to the table is im a fan of the Reds and the Indians (different leagues so its okay to like Cleveland in this instance, atleast i tell myself that lol)

The whole point is Go Reds no matter what happens, I will always be a fan, unless we strike again...ruined a great year of baseball with that strike. Expos were gonna amaze all with that amazing team. That strike completely ruined Montreal baseball for good and probaly a potential dynasty.

I dont know how you rank yourself as a fan...but considering I am a diehard fan I dont know if you can say you are a bigger fan than me, maybe the same but I dont know about bigger...anyways my main point was that I dont understand how you think Griffey doesnt try hard when he puts on the uniform because I think he does and thats part of the reason he has gotten hurt because he will(or would) dive for a ball that most other guys wouldnt and end up getting hurt because he put his body on the line to make a play

and by the way I dont know how you consider live with yourself being a fan of a team from Cleveland...j/k....well kinda

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='250536' date='Apr 16 2006, 07:23 PM']I dont know how you rank yourself as a fan...but considering I am a diehard fan I dont know if you can say you are a bigger fan than me, maybe the same but I dont know about bigger...anyways my main point was that I dont understand how you think Griffey doesnt try hard when he puts on the uniform because I think he does and thats part of the reason he has gotten hurt because he will(or would) dive for a ball that most other guys wouldnt and end up getting hurt because he put his body on the line to make a play
and by the way I dont know how you consider live with yourself being a fan of a team from Cleveland...j/k....well kinda[/quote]

AL and NL makes it possible. Im really a bigger fan of certain players than i am the team. I root for the Reds cuz they are hometown.

I am a huge fan of: Felipe Lopez, Wily Mo Pena, Arod, Bonds, Victor Martinez, Jhonny Peralta, Ben Sheets, Francisco Liriano, Krod, Brandon Phillips, Dontrelle Willis, and Miguel Cabrera. I will always root for the Reds over any other team tho.

Archived