D-train and Miguel a RED?!?!

Palmer4HOF

I heard this last night on the radio on 700 WLW... a Florida fan called in and has heard the following:

The marlins are shopping D-Train and Cabrera to the Reds and Cards. Supposedly, an offer is on the table right now to the Reds...

D-Train and Cabrera for Edwin, Kearns, and Wagner.

If this is the case.... KRIVSKY... PULL THE FUCKING TRIGGER

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='249529' date='Apr 14 2006, 03:43 PM']I heard this last night on the radio on 700 WLW... a Florida fan called in and has heard the following:

The marlins are shopping D-Train and Cabrera to the Reds and Cards. Supposedly, an offer is on the table right now to the Reds...

D-Train and Cabrera for Edwin, Kearns, and Wagner.

If this is the case.... KRIVSKY... PULL THE FUCKING TRIGGER[/quote]

??? why would the Marlins want to help us like this?

Guest Master Shake
Well I'm skeptical...Willis, I can see them giving up... I see him having future arm trouble with his jerky, stressful delivery, and I can see them dumping him (though he would instantly be our ace). But Cabrera, despite his attitude concerns, is a future superstar. Kearns is OK but doesn't project much better than an avg OF. EE is still a few years off from becoming a conistent player, and Wagner's damaged goods.

Krivsky and Castinelli will win a lot of fans if they pull this off.

Guest bengalrick

this has to be a rumor.... no chance this is true...

but assuming this is true, i would bite, and that is saying something considering everything i've said about kearns lately...

but if anyone says that we should move dunn to RF, i will withdrawl my answer :)

D-Train is still really young, and he's a stud ace that can also bat well and make great defensive plays. I think that all that is worth $7 million. I think the Marlins are making a big mistake with this potential move. Didn't they lose another really good starting pitcher from last year? It really makes you wonder if the Marlins are even trying to win another World Series in this decade.

With that said, I would love to have Dontrelle Willis play for the Reds. All of a sudden, our starting pitcher rotation would be almost elite with Willis-Arroyo-Harang as our 1-2-3. Combine those three with Claussen and Dave Williams, and our bullpen couldn't help but improve, since one of the pitchers currently in the rotation now would have to go to the bull pen.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='249553' date='Apr 14 2006, 03:58 PM']oh and I would trade Kearns for Willis STRAIGHT UP

but then again... who wouldnt?[/quote]

w/ a mile long woody... i'd trade dunn for willis straight up too though ;)

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='249564' date='Apr 14 2006, 04:08 PM']I wouldn't -_-[/quote]

willis for dunn? you wouldn't? :unsure:

that is a little homerish, considering dunn might be the worst defensive player in history...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='249565' date='Apr 14 2006, 04:09 PM']willis for dunn? you wouldn't? :unsure:

that is a little homerish, considering dunn might be the worst defensive player in history...[/quote]

It might be... but I look at Dunn as the next Derek Lee (without the defense).... Lee had a hard time with strikeouts early on in his career, but correct himself. I think Dunn's offense FAR outweighs his faults on D.

It would be tempting to do a Dunn for D-train straight up, but I think Dunn will be more valuable in 3 to 4 years... maybe even a number 3 hitter :badger:

If the Reds could pull this off I would be amazed.

Also happy, I have Willis and Cabrera in my work fantasy league, I could see them both putting up better statistics. Cabrera would get more RBIs, runs and better protection and although Willis' ERA might jump some, he would definitely get more wins.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Master Shake' post='249544' date='Apr 14 2006, 03:55 PM']Well I'm skeptical...Willis, I can see them giving up... I see him having future arm trouble with his jerky, stressful delivery, and I can see them dumping him (though he would instantly be our ace). But Cabrera, despite his attitude concerns, is a future superstar. Kearns is OK but doesn't project much better than an avg OF. EE is still a few years off from becoming a conistent player, and Wagner's damaged goods.

Krivsky and Castinelli will win a lot of fans if they pull this off.[/quote]

Cabrera is a guy Florida WANTS to trade. They need to put a young ass team together and move out of florida before they can pay a superstar like Cabrera. With Milton gone after next season thats a lot of money the Reds will have freed up, along with a few other guys.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='249547' date='Apr 14 2006, 03:57 PM']this has to be a rumor.... no chance this is true...

but assuming this is true, i would bite, and that is saying something considering everything i've said about kearns lately...

but if anyone says that we should move dunn to RF, i will withdrawl my answer :)[/quote]

Cabrera is a RF, unless we want to move him back to 3rd...

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='249564' date='Apr 14 2006, 04:08 PM']I wouldn't -_-[/quote]

i would get rid of dunn in a HEARTBEAT for Willis. Pitching whens games. Dunn hurts our pitching. You can buy hitters in FA, but its nearly impossible to buy an Ace SP especially at Willis level.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='249598' date='Apr 14 2006, 05:07 PM']Cabrera is a guy Florida WANTS to trade. They need to put a young ass team together and move out of florida before they can pay a superstar like Cabrera. With Milton gone after next season thats a lot of money the Reds will have freed up, along with a few other guys.

Cabrera is a RF, unless we want to move him back to 3rd...

i would get rid of dunn in a HEARTBEAT for Willis. Pitching whens games. Dunn hurts our pitching. You can buy hitters in FA, but its nearly impossible to buy an Ace SP especially at Willis level.[/quote]

Cabrera is a 3B.... but also plays LEFT, not right

Dunn doesn't hurt our pitching... you guys need to drop the whole Adam Dunn fielding thing. The guy has made some mistakes so far this year, it's not going to be like this all year... but his hitting will be. The dude HELPS pitching more than anyone else (arguably) on this team. His run support can single handily keep a pitcher in a game.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='249566' date='Apr 14 2006, 03:12 PM']It might be... but I look at Dunn as the next Derek Lee (without the defense).... Lee had a hard time with strikeouts early on in his career, but correct himself. I think Dunn's offense FAR outweighs his faults on D.

It would be tempting to do a Dunn for D-train straight up, but I think Dunn will be more valuable in 3 to 4 years... maybe even a number 3 hitter :badger:[/quote]

If I'm offered Willis for Dunn, bye bye Dunn. Pitching wins games, and we need it. We'd still have a decent offense with or without Dunn.

Compare Dunn to Derrek Lee all you want, I'd trade Lee straight up for Willis as well.

Also, what makes you think Dunn is more valuable in 3-4 years?? He is 26, Willis is 24. I'd like to think the pitcher will be the one who improves more in that scenario.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='249605' date='Apr 14 2006, 05:31 PM']Cabrera is a 3B.... but also plays LEFT, not right

Dunn doesn't hurt our pitching... you guys need to drop the whole Adam Dunn fielding thing. The guy has made some mistakes so far this year, it's not going to be like this all year... but his hitting will be. The dude HELPS pitching more than anyone else (arguably) on this team. His run support can single handily keep a pitcher in a game.[/quote]

dunn has the 3 errors so far, in 9 games...

kearns had 3 errors last year, in 107 games...

to drop the "dunn can't field" comments, would be ignoring his main weakness, and the main weakness of our team right now...

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='249605' date='Apr 14 2006, 05:31 PM']Cabrera is a 3B.... but also plays LEFT, not right

Dunn doesn't hurt our pitching... you guys need to drop the whole Adam Dunn fielding thing. The guy has made some mistakes so far this year, [b]it's not going to be like this all year[/b]... but his hitting will be. The dude HELPS pitching more than anyone else (arguably) on this team. His run support can single handily keep a pitcher in a game.[/quote]

ya it will, he always is a shitty fielder, it wont randomly stop. Dunn didnt even lead the Reds in runs created last season, which makes him not the most important hitter for our pitchers on the team.

Cabrera came into the majors as a 3B and RF. He moved to LF because of other players on the team but he is a natural RF and its his best spot, by far in the outfield.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='249650' date='Apr 14 2006, 06:46 PM']you obviously dont know the marlins organization that well[/quote]

If this rumor is true, then the Reds should pull the trigger and get it done.
Im sure there are other teams that will offer alot more than 3 players for Cabrera & Willis.

This won't happen. The Marlins are trying to get support for a new stadium, and/or being hounded by Vegas and San Antonio about relocating. Those 2 guys are the only ones that are attractive to prospective buyers so they are staying, unless they can get marketable people. They are still in their shitty rookie contracts ad I believe they have at least one more year before they get a substantial raise. Considering they are basically fielding a AAA team this year there is not much more fat they can trim where it would make sense.

Archived