----- BENGALS DRAFT SURVEY -----

Guest BlackJesus

BENGALS DRAFT SURVEY  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What Grade would you give the Johnathan Joseph pick ?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  2. 2. What Grade would you give the Andrew Whitworth pick ?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  3. 3. What Grade would you give the Frostee Rucker pick ?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  4. 4. What Grade would you give the Domata Peko pick ?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  5. 5. What Grade would you give the A.J. Nicholson pick ?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  6. 6. What Grade would you give the Reggie McNeal pick ?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  7. 7. What Grade would you give the Ethan Kilmer pick ?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  8. 8. What Grade would you give the Bennie Brazell pick ?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  9. 9. What final grade do you give the BENGALS 2006 DRAFT ?

• A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • D
    • F
    • PUKES !
  10. 10. Which was your favorite pick of the Bengals draft ?

• Johnathan Joseph
    • Andrew Whitworth
    • Frostee Rucker
    • Domata Peko
    • A.J. Nicholson
    • Reggie McNeal
    • Ethan Kilmer
    • Bennie Brazell

Guest mongoloido

I like the Joseph pick and that McNeal kid. I just don't know enough about the others to have an opinion... Not knowing who they are certainly seems a lame reason to dislike the picks. :)

Guest BadassBengal
1. Jonathan Joseph - A

2. Andrew Whitworth - C

3. Frostee Rucker - F

4. Domata Peku - A

5. AJ Nicholson - A

6. Reggie McNeal - A

7a. Ethan Kilmer - B

7b. Bennie Brazil - F

[b]OVERALL[/b]

B-

Basically, most of the picks, IMO, were good. But when we dropped the bomb, we really dropped it.

Guest BlackJesus
[b]I really like the Joseph, Peko, A.J., and McNeal picks.

the others I am eh about.

Overall I think the second day really raised the final grade.

yesterday I would have put us at a C/C+ but after today I believe the draft was a B/B+ with the potential to be an A.

I would give the A.J. and McNeal picks A +'s and the way I look at it we got a first rounder in Joseph and then 2 extra second rounders in Nicholson and McNeal. I think McNeal has Randle el type potential and will really push this offsense over the edge. In all of his clips he appears to be the fastest player I have EVER seen in a football uniform. Considering Joseph ran a 4.31 and McNeal a 4.35 it would be awesome to see them race 100 yards. Not to mention we have a damn Olympic sprinter now as well. [/b]

Guest BlackJesus

[b]The strongest part of our draft I believe was Rounds 4-5-and 6. Maybe Mike Brown went to Lunch .... :whistle:

kidding [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='260829' date='Apr 30 2006, 08:50 PM'][b]The strongest part of our draft I believe was Rounds 4-5-and 6. Maybe Mike Brown went to Lunch .... :whistle:
kidding [/b][/quote]

But not to Wendy's ;)

Guest ThurmanMunster
1. Jonathan Joseph - A

2. Andrew Whitworth - B

3. Frostee Rucker - B

4. Domata Peku - B

5. AJ Nicholson - A

6. Reggie McNeal - B

7a. Ethan Kilmer - C

7b. Bennie Brazil - C

OVERALL

B+

i love # 1.

I understand and like # 2.

# 3 i believe will turn out good and when marvin calls the man a guy they wanted in round 2, but couldnt pass on whitworth (i like him a lot more then).

Peko is a solid pick, possible high reward pick.

Nicholson is a GREAT pick, this guy was a monster with Ernie Sims at FSU and if it wasnt for that bullshit charge that was found not guilty, he woulda been a round 2/3 pick. Led FSU in tackles so he msut be pretty damn solid. Should be a quality backup and add some more hard hitting strength to the LBs.

Mcneal i like. He isnt going to be a QB here, but he will allow us to run some great plays that could make our offense even more potent and should help the STs too.

Kilmer is alright. idk if he makes the team because we have so many WRs, he is worth the chance tho cuz his STs talents are real good.

Brazell is fast as fuck and is worth a chance here even tho we dont need WRs.

1- J. Joseph - A - Good pick, Good value, Should contribute then start next year

2- A. Whitworth - A - Good value, Started 4 years for LSU against good competition, HUGE guy and supposed to be a great run blocker

3- F. Rucker - C - Not so sure about this pick, Time will Tell though

4- D. Peko - B - Ive heard good things about him, when I watched Mich St. on TV, I remember Peko making plays out there.

5- A. Nicholson - C - Dont like this pick at all, trouble maker, character concerns and not an exceptional athlete

6- R. McNeal - B - He has good upside and great speed, good turn out alright for us.

7- E. Kilmer - B - Great pro day numbers, good athlete, didnt play much at Penn St. untill SR. year, only had 15 or so catches then.

7 - B. Brazell - C - track guy, great speed, definite project though

I gave us a B- overall for our draft. We added quality depth for the first 2 rounds and then added some projects after that. I would have really liked for us to go after Darnell Bing or Ko Simpson on Day 2. We need a young safety to start developing IMO.

Guest BlackJesus

[b]To me the Draft looks much better if you look at it in this order

[center]
:contract:

1. Joseph

2. Whitworth

3. Reggie

4. A.J.

5. Peko

6. Frostee

7. Kilmer

7. Sprinter

:headbang: [/b][/center]

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='260850' date='Apr 30 2006, 08:58 PM'][b]To me the Draft looks much better if you look at it in this order

[center]
:contract:

1. Joseph

2. Whitworth

3. Reggie

4. A.J.

5. Peko

6. Frostee

7. Kilmer

7. Sprinter
:headbang: [/b][/center][/quote]

so Marvin viewed Frostee as a 2nd round pick and u think he is worthy of a 6th round pick??????

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='260853' date='Apr 30 2006, 09:02 PM']so Marvin viewed Frostee as a 2nd round pick and u think he is worthy of a 6th round pick??????[/quote]

[b]Marvn had a different view of the Frostee than I did .... he got to see the ingredients .... all I got to see was what the lady at the drive thru window handed me .... and I think my Frostee had a severed finger in it [/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

Guest Coy Bacon
1. Jonathan Joseph - A

2. Andrew Whitworth - B

3. Frostee Rucker - C

4. Domata Peku - C

5. AJ Nicholson - D

6. Reggie McNeal - C

7a. Ethan Kilmer - D

7b. Bennie Brazil - F

OVERALL

C-

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='260859' date='Apr 30 2006, 09:04 PM'][b]Marvn had a different view of the Frostee than I did .... he got to see the ingredients .... all I got to see was what the lady at the drive thru window handed me .... and I think my Frostee had a severed finger in it [/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img][/quote]

:lmao:

I did get a Frostee from Wendy's today in commemoration and it was actually pretty damn good.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='260864' date='Apr 30 2006, 09:09 PM']:lmao:

I did get a Frostee from Wendy's today in commemoration and it was actually pretty damn good.[/quote]

hell yea. they ARE damn good.

I think Jonathan Joseph could develop into an all-pro CB. Give it an A.

I like Whitworth, and under different circumstances, I could have easily gicen this an A. But I think it means Willie or Levi are gone, so I will give it a B.

Rostee Fucker, er, I mean Frostee Rucker. I'm not thrilled, but I trust Marvin enough to give it a C.

Domata Peko - maybe a little early, but if he is in fact a "poor mans Haloti" then it is worth a B.

AJ Nicholson - Good tackler, good size, which will help in this division. But a little slow, and a character question mark. C+.

Reggie McNeil - Good size/speed ratio, has the potential to add a LOT of flexibility to the offense. B+/A-, but has the potential to become an A.

Ethan Kilmer - I guess he's our new gunner. Has good speed. Can't complain a lot about a 7th round pick. Give it a B.

Bennie Brazell - say what you want about adding another WR, but we don't know for sure what will happen to Henry, and even having been signed, trading KW would not surprise me. Plus he has, apparently, world class speed (enough to be in the Olympics), so I can't complain about adding that much speed with a 7th round pick. Give it a B.

joesph - A

whitworth - B

rucker - B
(have seen a few sits cbssportsline.com for ex. said this was our best pick, underrated imo)

peko - A

nicholson - A+
(have seen a lot of him and the fsu homer in me...sorry)

mcneil - B
(project but could be very valuable if it works out)

kilmer - D
(just hoping for special teams help here)

brezell - D
(see above)

overall solid B

i know there were other guys in the 7th we wanted but no matter who you get you are throwing darts so it at least helps to take guys that could improve your special teams.

you guys seem to be pretty much right on the money to me.

The Frostee pick irks me for the same reason it does everyone else. He should be a solid back up player, especially against the run, but no way should he have been a day one pick.

You gotta love Brazell's speed, but considering the WR situation, especially since we brought in Chapmann, I don't think he makes the team. I would have liked to see us go in a different direction and taken someone with a better shot to make the roster like a S or TE. Now, if Kilmer can effectively make the switch back to S, like he played one year at Penn State, and Washington is traded, then this pick might not be so bad.

The Reggie McNeal pick is by far my favorite, (though I like Joseph a lot as well) my only concern is the fact that neither we nor the bengals staff have any basis on which to judge his hands, since they did not work him out as a WR. I think McNeal would be a good option to return kicks, (though not punts) because of his field vision and excellent speed. It should be a role in which he is a natural.

[quote name='rumble in the jungle' post='260846' date='Apr 30 2006, 08:57 PM']could anyone please find a clip of domata peko when he returned the ball for a touch down. the greates play ever and to think that guy is a bengal now. sweet, but please could someone find that clip.[/quote]

Does anybody know what game it was that Peko had the touchdown??? i have a friend who works at a TV station and I was going to see if he could find the video. Just need to know who MSU was playing.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Jungle_Boogie85' post='260964' date='Apr 30 2006, 10:06 PM']Does anybody know what game it was that Peko had the touchdown??? i have a friend who works at a TV station and I was going to see if he could find the video. Just need to know who MSU was playing.[/quote]

m*ch*g*n

Guest Claptonrocks
Kilmer was drafted as a special teamer.. He had 23 special team tackles last year.... Id say that was a good pick.

Guest Patmo
1- J. Joseph - B Could end up an A

2- A. Whitworth - B Could end up an A

3- F. Rucker - D for danger

4- D. Peko - B Could end up an A

5- A. Nicholson - D for danger

6- R. McNeal - C Could end up an A

7- E. Kilmer - B Marvin likes the guy.'Nuff said

7 - B. Brazell C-Looks the same as Jamall Broussard to me.

Overall: C+ Could end up a strong A-

Can't rate the draft until have our first viewing of the boys.Then wait a couple years.

Guest #22
jj-A
aw-C
fr-d
dp-b
an-d/f
rm-a
ek-b?
bb-b?
DRAFT-B- (would have been a B+ if not for AJ Nicholson, but he may turn out to be a great player)

Archived