Nationals @ Reds

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever
[color="#000099"]Washington Nationals (11-21)[/color] @ [color="#FF0000"]Cincinnati Reds (21-11)[/color]

[b]T. Armas Jr. (2-2, 3.98 ERA) vs B. Claussen (2-3, 5.63 ERA)[/b]

[b]Gametime: 7:10 (Cincinnati Time)[/b]

Coming off their 5 game road trip...The Reds are back in town and ready to take on the Nationals...I wouldn't be surprised to see us get a few homers tonight and get our offense back...Armas has defintaly struggled aganist us in the past.

[u][b]WhoDeyForever's Prediction[/b][/u]
[b]Nationals--2
Reds--8[/b]

[size=4][color="#FF0000"][b]Go Reds!!!!!![/b][/color][/size]

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='265962' date='May 9 2006, 06:56 PM']Coming off their 5 game road trip...The Reds are back in town and ready to take on the Nationals...I wouldn't be surprised to see us get a few homers tonight and get our offense back...Armas has defintaly struggled aganist us in the past.

[u][b]WhoDeyForever's Prediction[/b][/u]
[b]Nationals--2
Reds--8[/b]
[size=4][color="#FF0000"][b]Go Reds!!!!!![/b][/color][/size][/quote]
I am the official "Moron of the Night" :lol:

[quote name='Johnsons4Life' post='266042' date='May 9 2006, 09:11 PM']They dont seem as hot lately.[/quote]
I see that too, but it's a long season. I'd rather slump now and leave the division up for grabs in June and hit our stride in July and August, if possible.
The Nationals are a terrible club interms of their record, but they have talent on their roster and we cannot swing our bats for 8 runs every game.
I think Griffey returning will provide a lift, but for how long?
:blink:

Guest bengalrick
we need griffey back... its as simple as that... for nothing else, just for some damn depth, and a steady bat... this lineup is not working anymore, and i know it can work... i'm not freaking out, b/c i knew this would happen, ut we are better than we have been playing recently...

Get rid of 1 catcher, theres no need to have 3 of them.
Trade or demote Dave Williams, hes not helping the team out.
Tell Paul Wilson to retire before he screws his arm up even more than it already is.
Give Coffey a shot at being the closer.
Move Kearns up in the line up and have him bat after Dunn. (why the hell is the best hitter with RISP batting 6th?)
If Griffey isnt going to be back for a while, let Denorfia play CF and have Freel go back to being a super sub like he was before.
If Chris Hammond is really thinking about retiring, have him do it now and someone from the minors can fill his spot in the bullpen.

Lastly... get some damn ground ball pitchers. :rant:

[quote name='JC' post='266088' date='May 10 2006, 07:02 AM']Alfonso Soriano hit a 492 foot shot :o :o :o
Thats the longest in GAB history.[/quote]

4th longest. I know Dunn hit 1 longer, he hit one out of the stadium in center.

So, are the Reds in a short slump, or is this the beginning of the end?

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='JC' post='266088' date='May 10 2006, 07:02 AM']Alfonso Soriano hit a 492 foot shot :o :o :o

Dunn hit one 504ft last year I beleive.

Dunn hit one at GABP off of John Smoltz? that went 535 feet.

Oh shit...i didnt see it right....it was early and i had school coming so i looked at it saw 492 and saw longest shot.

I figured Dunn had smashed a 500 footer though.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='266312' date='May 10 2006, 04:54 PM']shit, dunn hit one to kentucky a couple years ago[/quote]
Guy has some power just some poor fielding...I wish the Reds can really get out of this slump....The Cardinals and Astros are also losing so this was our perfect chance to get our lead in the first couple months of the season but we're losing right along with them :(

Archived