anyone still want milton to be traded or released?

Guest bengalrick

Guest bengalrick

i will be the asshole and bring up some old threads... and just so you know, i never lost hope for milton B) :

[url="http://go-bengals.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16629"]click here[/url]

[url="http://go-bengals.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16275"]and here[/url]

diesel, bigdawg, mastershake... i'm looking at you...

i'm sure there were more :)

I will admit I was skeptical when we first got him last season, (adding a gopher ball pitcher to GABP) and, that year at least, I was proved correct. But he has pitched MUCH better this year. Maybe he has learned how to pitch in The Launching Pad.

Guest schotzee
I probably never verbally stated it at the time,but yes ,I was thinking get rid of this overpriced(at least for our small market payroll)pitcher.I hope he continues to impress.It is hard to find good lefties.

It was all getting his knee fixed. That's all it took to get him back to his old form. His two starts this year before he went on the DL were terrible because he had to battle against his knee again. His five or six starts before and after that are awesome.

Can you believe we have three major league pitchers on our team? Arroyo, Harang, and Milton are actually worth sending out to the mound. The lizard is pretty good but Claussen is confusing me.

bengalrick... I know this purpose of this thread was to make some eat crow (of which I will eat none because I was one of the few who said to wait off on Milton) but I don't think it's out of the question that Krivsky shouldn't trade Milton.

Let us not forget that Milton is a 9 million something dollar man, who really hasnt lived up to his paycheck. Honestly, he's pitching well now, and I hope he continues too, but that doesn't mean I dont think we should trade him. In fact, if any team is willing to pick up his salary and give us a younger pitching prospect or if we are able to package Milton with another player to pick up other players will who help benefit this team, I'm all for it. I'm glad Milton is pitching well, but that doesn't mean I dont think we shouldn't trade him.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='279008' date='Jun 7 2006, 05:13 PM']bengalrick... I know this purpose of this thread was to make some eat crow (of which I will eat none because I was one of the few who said to wait off on Milton) but I don't think it's out of the question that Krivsky shouldn't trade Milton.

Let us not forget that Milton is a 9 million something dollar man, who really hasnt lived up to his paycheck. Honestly, he's pitching well now, and I hope he continues too, but that doesn't mean I dont think we should trade him. In fact, if any team is willing to pick up his salary and give us a younger pitching prospect or if we are able to package Milton with another player to pick up other players will who help benefit this team, I'm all for it. I'm glad Milton is pitching well, but that doesn't mean I dont think we shouldn't trade him.[/quote]

that's a bit too forward looking for me...Milton is pitching his ass off, lets ride him to the playoffs this season.

That is exactly my thinking Bengal Rick. Of course if we were out of it I would be all down for trading him. However, with him and a couple additions this class can make a run for it. And like Big Bob said, he wants to win now, not later. And we are being presented a great oppoutunity to make a chase for the division.

Guest WhoDeyForever
Milton deftinaly made me proud yesterday. Awesome back to back performances from him. 3 awesome starters and 1 upcoming in Lizard!!

Guest oldschooler
I admit that Milton has looked good the past 3 games.
But he still has more bad games as a Red than he has
had good games...

Guest ThurmanMunster
he has needed the knee surgery for a while, but tried to go without the surgery last year and come to find out the surgery REALLY improved it all. his delivery and everything looked better since he has come back. his velocity is up from last year too.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='245667' date='Apr 8 2006, 03:59 AM']Im not mr. negative, im mr. realistic. Lets see how the guy is doing around the all-star break, if hes pitching like he did in his first start then ill give him props. Im not going to get a boner off one fucking start against the pirates.[/quote]

I dont see why im being called out here bengalrick? All i said in those thread was a "wait and see" approach. Ill be the first to eat crow when its deserved but i dont think Im required to in this situation. Read my posts in the threads you highlighted and youll see my stance on Eric Milton. Milton has done terrific for the Reds lately but it has only been 3 starts. Yet again ill say, if he can sustain these quality starts for a couple months then ill be the first to make a thread and give him his props.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='279062' date='Jun 7 2006, 08:05 PM']I dont see why im being called out here bengalrick? All i said in those thread was a "wait and see" approach. Ill be the first to eat crow when its deserved but i dont think Im required to in this situation. Read my posts in the threads you highlighted and youll see my stance on Eric Milton. Milton has done terrific for the Reds lately but it has only been 3 starts. Yet again ill say, if he can sustain these quality starts for a couple months then ill be the first to make a thread and give him his props.[/quote]

he had 5 good starts and 2 bad this season. i believe thats the breakdown.

Guest Master Shake
Still not sold on Milton...he had a good stretch at the end of last year, too... the problem is, when his control isn't pinpoint, he becomes quite hittable. He's been on his last few starts, and I'd love to see him continue, but I feel his margin of error is slim.

Will anyone pick him up in the Go-Bengals Fantasy League??? Quality starts his next 2 I'll start thinking about it maybe.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='dieselman44' post='279062' date='Jun 7 2006, 08:05 PM']I dont see why im being called out here bengalrick? All i said in those thread was a "wait and see" approach. Ill be the first to eat crow when its deserved but i dont think Im required to in this situation. Read my posts in the threads you highlighted and youll see my stance on Eric Milton. Milton has done terrific for the Reds lately but it has only been 3 starts. Yet again ill say, if he can sustain these quality starts for a couple months then ill be the first to make a thread and give him his props.[/quote]

[i] Same old same old. [/i]

[i]its one start[/i]

i didn't see the post you posted until just now... i could have misinterpretted your take on milton...

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Master Shake' post='279169' date='Jun 8 2006, 12:35 AM']Still not sold on Milton...he had a good stretch at the end of last year, too... the problem is, when his control isn't pinpoint, he becomes quite hittable. He's been on his last few starts, and I'd love to see him continue, but I feel his margin of error is slim.

Will anyone pick him up in the Go-Bengals Fantasy League??? Quality starts his next 2 I'll start thinking about it maybe.[/quote]

i just think that he was injured and needed to get that right... imo, he has been an excellent pitcher for a long time, and had one bad year (which happened to be his first in cincy)... i have been extremely happy w/ his performance this year, minus about 2 games (and he went on the dl after those games and has been money ever since)

but i can understand the pessimism... just remember to sign the thread when your ready :D

[quote name='dieselman44' post='279168' date='Jun 8 2006, 12:10 AM']Lets build a statue of him outside Great American.[/quote]

Just one statue? The Reds should put a statue of him at every entrance to the park.

;)

[quote name='bengalrick' post='278872' date='Jun 7 2006, 01:36 PM']i will be the asshole and bring up some old threads... and just so you know, i never lost hope for milton B) :

[url="http://go-bengals.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16629"]click here[/url]

[url="http://go-bengals.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16275"]and here[/url]
diesel, bigdawg, mastershake... i'm looking at you...

i'm sure there were more :)[/quote]

ok, I'll fess up :blush:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] but it was for a good cause, I wanted Nick Johnson and Alfonso Soriano.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='schotzee' post='280904' date='Jun 11 2006, 02:57 PM']I no sooner type that and he serves up a 2 run jack. :rant:[/quote]

he still pitched good enough, our bullpen and lack of run production fucked us.

• 3 weeks later...
I stand by my words in this thread. Milton is still not worth the money or even half the money he is making. Since he has pitched like shit his last two starts are we going to here that he is "hurt" now? I like his quote after the Mets game where he said the call on the pitch before Wright's first jack cost him the game. You suck Eric.

Archived