Where are you at with regards to O'Dell?

Curious about the variety and concensus of predictions for O'Dell  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes your prediction for O'Dell:

• He STARTS game 5
    • He PLAYS in game 5
    • He is out more than 5 games (less than majority of year) due to Marvin
    • He is out more than 5 games (less than majority of year) due additional NFL suspension
    • He is out for majority of the year based on NFL + Marvin
    • He is out for majority of the year based on NFL suspensions
    • He's out for the year, but is still in stripes
    • He will not play for the Bengals again

I've seen a very diverse reaction to the O'Dell situation, so I'm curious what the stats are on this topic. I know this is somewhat dependent on how the LB's do without him and the play of Ahmed and A.J., but knowing what you know now.

Optimistically, I'm hopefull that he only has the 4 game suspension and returns quickly and contributes to the team. Reallistically, I think he sits a couple games after the suspension to serve some time in Marvins doghouse and practice before playing so I picked 3.

Guest Coy Bacon
I want him to serve out his suspension, get his mind right, stay and fight his way back into whatever role he can. He's a talent. If he can get himself together, that's great. If not, too bad. I wouldn't put up with any more shit from him, and I would be fully prepared to write him off at any time it appeared necessary, but I wouldn't throw him away just yet. It's the Bengals' call.

I am kind of sick of seeing Thurman topics but I think he will stay. He made a apology that sounded like he meant it. He did not have his agent come out and say it for him. He will probably play very little in game 5 but I think he could start by game 7 or 8 by depending how everyone else is playing.

I think a lot depends on how are season is going. 3 of those first 4 games are going to be bitches to win. If we come out of those 3-1, I think he sits a little while longer.
I think that we go 2-2, though, and that he plays in week 7 or so.

i love odell, im proud of what he did for us last year... but hes fucked us over, and the same goes for ch. brooks is a fucking monster, hes huge, hes fast, and he aint scared of nobody. hes got potential out the wahzoo and i look forward to a possible future lb corps consisting of simmons-brooks-pollack for years to come.

im all for keeping odell around, mostly because for his salary i doubt we could get much better, but if we ever switch to a base 3-4 odell would be a great compliment in the middle to brooks. and theres always the chance he could comeback and win that starting mlb role again...

anyone see any chance of odell being able to make the transition to outside backer in our 4-3?

I didn't know Odell was dating a WNBA'er. Their kid is going to be huge!

[quote]Also present at the 2005 WNBA Draft was 6-1, 230-pound Georgia linebacker Odell Thurman, Braxton's boyfriend and the father of the couple's child. Ironically, Thurman is an expected Day One pick in next week’s NFL Draft.

"It’s real exciting because both of us are kind of going through the same thing right now," Braxton said. "It’s fun, an honor to be here, and my boyfriend’s going to go [in the draft] next week. It’s just so exciting to me, I can’t wait to see the results next week and he’s excited for me this week. I’m just happy."

Thurman was proud of the way Braxton battled past the adversity of having to sit out her senior campaign.

"Kara's getting a chance to pursue her life long dream," he said. "She stayed focus. She worked through it. We’re still where we want to be today."

As for Jelani, Braxton had this to say: "He’s big. I’m the tall one, the 6-6 long one. Odell’s a big one as well. So our son is long and has muscles already."[/quote]

Archived