"Report to Suggest Marines Shot Iraqis"

Guest bengalrick

Guest bengalrick
i was one of the people telling everyone to not take what the media was telling us on haditha as fact... there seemed to be a way that the terrorists would use their families as shields (not literally hold them in front of them, but to stay w/ them so noone would attack them) and i was hesitant about indicting these soldiers... however, if [url="http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060802/D8J8ARSG2.html"]this[/url] report is indeed correct, then while i am glad i waited until the evidence proved the point, i have to say i am extremely disgusted by these acts... and i have zero respect for what they did and hope they rot in hell...

[i][b]Report to Suggest Marines Shot Iraqis[/b]

Aug 2, 9:50 AM (ET)

By ROBERT BURNS

[b]WASHINGTON (AP) - Evidence collected on the deaths of 24 Iraqis in Haditha supports accusations that U.S. Marines deliberately shot the civilians, including unarmed women and children, a Pentagon official said Wednesday.[/b]

Agents of the Naval Criminal Investigative Service have completed their initial work on the incident last November, but may be asked to probe further as Marine Corps and Navy prosecutors review the evidence and determine whether to recommend criminal charges, according to two Pentagon officials who discussed the matter on condition of anonymity.

The decision on whether to press criminal charges ultimately will be made by the commander of the accused Marines' parent unit, the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Pendleton, Calif. The commander is currently Lt. Gen. John Sattler, but he is scheduled to move to a Pentagon assignment soon; his successor will be Lt. Gen. James Mattis.

[b]The Marines initially reported after the Nov. 19, 2005 killings that 15 Iraqi civilians at Haditha had been killed by a makeshift roadside bomb and in crossfire between Marines and insurgent attackers. Based on accounts from survivors and human rights groups, Time magazine first reported in March that the killings were deliberate acts by the Marines.[/b]

A criminal investigation was then ordered by the top Marine commander in Iraq, Maj. Gen. Richard Zilmer.

A parallel investigation is examining whether officers in the Marines' chain of command tried to cover up the events. [/i]

this will be a great day for media and gov't credibility... as far as the media goes, they are the reason that these hearing took place... for the gov't credibility, it doesn't help them in any way to have another "abu graib" (even though, haditha is much worse than abu graib)... this doesn't help us out in that region... it really doesn't help anything.. only that these hearings are not as loopsided for the marines as we are sometimes told they are...

Guest BlackJesus
[center][size=3][b]Gallows anyone ?[/b][/size]

[img]http://z.about.com/d/gocalifornia/1/0/s/I/tomb-gallows-at.jpg[/img][/center]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='307203' date='Aug 2 2006, 02:02 PM'][center][size=3][b]Gallows anyone ?[/b][/size]
[img]http://z.about.com/d/gocalifornia/1/0/s/I/tomb-gallows-at.jpg[/img][/center][/quote]

i'll get the rope ready...

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='307238' date='Aug 2 2006, 02:44 PM']Fuck that. Its too quick a death.[/quote]

give me a knife, some salt, and some time, and i'll make sure people think twice about killing innocent woman and children ;)

[quote name='bengalrick' post='307246' date='Aug 2 2006, 02:54 PM']give me a knife, some salt, and some time, and i'll make sure people think twice about killing innocent woman and children ;)[/quote]

[img]http://faucetbay.com/images/military-knife.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.tatachemicals.com/0_products/food_additives/images/salt_shaker.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www-tc.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/time/images/clocks.jpeg[/img]

[quote name='bengalrick' post='307246' date='Aug 2 2006, 04:24 PM']give me a knife, some salt, and some time, and i'll make sure people think twice about killing innocent woman and children ;)[/quote]

^_^

Off topic but your post reminded me of Stephen Baldwin in Half Baked...."get me an avocado, an ice pick and my snorkel"

[quote name='bengalrick' post='307155' date='Aug 2 2006, 11:50 AM']and i have zero respect for what they did and hope they rot in hell...[/quote]

i pray they too are given guidance...and I pray these people as well may be forgiven by The Almighty.

I know you are just expressing emotion, but I cannot wish 'rotting in hell' on anyone, no matter what they did. I pray guidance for them and perhaps forgiveness. the families may require retribution, so be it, but God Willing, forgiveness in the afterlife.

AZ

Injustice and corruption at the top establishes itself throughout the rest of the structure. Shirley, these are not isolated incidents.

Guest Pats and Sox
[quote name='Abu-Zayd' post='307687' date='Aug 3 2006, 01:57 AM']I know you are just expressing emotion, but I cannot wish 'rotting in hell' on anyone, no matter what they did. I pray guidance for them and perhaps forgiveness. the families may require retribution, so be it, but God Willing, forgiveness in the afterlife.[/quote]

Can't say I often agree with you, but generally speaking, if I was this forgiving in everyday life, I would be a better person. I hope the families frind some peace, though that's probably wishful thinking at least right now.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' post='307687' date='Aug 2 2006, 11:57 PM']i pray they too are given guidance...and I pray these people as well may be forgiven by The Almighty.

I know you are just expressing emotion, but I cannot wish 'rotting in hell' on anyone, no matter what they did. I pray guidance for them and perhaps forgiveness. the families may require retribution, so be it, but God Willing, forgiveness in the afterlife.

AZ

[b]Injustice and corruption at the top establishes itself throughout the rest of the structure. Shirley, these are not isolated incidents.[/b][/quote]
That's a pretty sweeping claim. Soldiers have always had shit heads in their ranks, regardless of the nobility or lack thereof of their leaders.

Archived