Lebanese photographer accused of doctoring photos...

Guest bengalrick

Guest bengalrick
first of all, as lawman pointed out in his "fox vs. cnn" thread, [url="http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/07/D8JBLITG0.html"]the death toll[/url] dropped from 40 to 1...

[img]http://www.ynetnews.com/PicServer2/20122005/856455/LBN20_wa.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3286966,00.html"]reuters pulls photo[/url]

[i]Reuters withdraws photograph of Beirut after Air Force attack after US blogs, photographers point out 'blatant evidence of manipulation.' Reuters' head of PR says in response, 'Reuters has suspended photographer until investigations are completed into changes made to photograph.' Photographer who sent altered image is same Reuters photographer behind many of images from Qana, which have also been subject of suspicions for being staged Yaakov Lappin [/i]

since then, [url="http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3287774,00.html"]all[/url] of his photos have been pulled, b/c at least one more was doctored...

my question is this, and it is addressed to: Coy, bj, cp1 (sorry, i haven't got your new name down yet), and abu (haven't seen you in a minute, but if you still post here, i'd love an answer from you too)... my question is this: If the zionists/israelis are so prevalent at propaganda and using the media as their personal machine, why doesn't the "zionists" ever get caught doctoring photos? that is one of my main reasons i reject your criticism... no matter how good someone is, they eventually get caught... yet, for some reason, it seems to be the ones saying zionists are using propaganda, are actually the ones using it... if they did this so often, why don't they ever get caught... this is 2 times in a week that hez got caught...

Guest bengalrick
[url="http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/184206.php"]another example of doctoring[/url]:

[img]http://i.today.reuters.com/Pictures/galleries/Stories/632901826701562500/Previews/NEWS03080601.jpg[/img]

[i]Photographer »
August 06, 2006
Another Fake Reuters Photo from Lebanon
Another photo by Reuters photographer Adnan Hajj has been shown to be doctored. The photo, which proports to be of an Israeli F-16 firing missiles on Lebanon has been doctored to make the photo seem more sensational.[/i]
[i]Here is the original Reuters photo along with its caption. (source)

An Israeli F-16 warplane fires missiles during an air strike on Nabatiyeh in southern Lebanon, August 2, 2006. (LEBANON)

02 Aug 2006 REUTERS/Adnan Hajj

The F-16 in the photo is not firing missiles, but is rather dropping [ed update: not chaff] flares designed to be a decoy for surface to air missiles. However, a close up of what Hajj calls "missiles" reveals that only one flare has been dropped. The other two "flares" are simply copies of the original.

Reader Clemente offers this:[/i]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/Middle_Earth_2006/Reuters/fighter_org_big.jpg[/img]

[i]Photographer »
August 06, 2006
Another Fake Reuters Photo from Lebanon
Another photo by Reuters photographer Adnan Hajj has been shown to be doctored. The photo, which proports to be of an Israeli F-16 firing missiles on Lebanon has been doctored to make the photo seem more sensational.

Here is the original Reuters photo along with its caption. (source)

An Israeli F-16 warplane fires missiles during an air strike on Nabatiyeh in southern Lebanon, August 2, 2006. (LEBANON)

02 Aug 2006 REUTERS/Adnan Hajj

The F-16 in the photo is not firing missiles, but is rather dropping [ed update: not chaff] flares designed to be a decoy for surface to air missiles. However, a close up of what Hajj calls "missiles" reveals that only one flare has been dropped. The other two "flares" are simply copies of the original.

To confirm these suspicions, I copied flare #2 and layered it over flare #3. It was an exact match. So much so, that in the animated .gif I made of it, you could not even tell the images were changing! So, instead, I made this image, showing flare #2 next to flare #3. Click image for larger view.[/i]

[img]http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/hajj_fake_b.jpg[/img]

[img]http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/hajj_fake_d.jpg[/img]

i wonder how many times this has happened... as i asked in the first place, why do we keep catching this blatent propaganda, yet can't find instances of it w/ the israelis, except through fringe websites?

for the record, i realize that israel uses propanganda... its part of the game... however, they either are much, much better at it, or they use real situation and pictures instead of doctored and made up stories...

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Lawman' post='310831' date='Aug 7 2006, 01:39 PM']BR,

as a military photographer, I appreciate these photo's.

Now, I am curious to see photo's of this alledge drone that was shot down today.

Where did Hezbollah get this and how many more do they have :unsure:[/quote]

i think this says a few things imo:

1. they wanted to make good on their promise to hit tel aviv... however......

2. they didn't get permission from iran to use the big rockets yet, which could hit tel aviv.... i'm wondering why, but i think that iran wants to wait a while longer before confronting israel and ultimately the U.S....

[quote name='bengalrick' post='310845' date='Aug 7 2006, 01:55 PM']i think this says a few things imo:

2. but i think that iran wants to wait a while longer before confronting israel and ultimately the U.S....[/quote]

The prospect of that is a little scary. I would guess they have something in the works to try and "cripple" the us/israel someway, if this is the case.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Ben' post='310847' date='Aug 7 2006, 01:58 PM']The prospect of that is a little scary. I would guess they have something in the works to try and "cripple" the us/israel someway, if this is the case.[/quote]

can i point towards exhibit A: [url="http://www.iranmania.com/News/ArticleView/Default.asp?NewsCode=44711&NewsKind=Current%20Affairs"]iran - venezuela to set up joint energy committee[/url]

there is no question in my mind, that iran wants to attack us economically, rather than militarily... one route, they are surrounded by U.S. forces, and we have the best military in the world, and some good training going on in iraq right now... that scenario, vs. simply cutting production of oil, raise prices, and watch the US economy slowly squirm and possibly die... canada, you better start w/ those shales b/c we need you guys... you guys are pretty much our only ally that has oil right now...

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='bengalrick' post='310816' date='Aug 7 2006, 01:13 PM']first of all, as lawman pointed out in his "fox vs. cnn" thread, [url="http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/07/D8JBLITG0.html"]the death toll[/url] dropped from 40 to 1...

[img]http://www.ynetnews.com/PicServer2/20122005/856455/LBN20_wa.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3286966,00.html"]reuters pulls photo[/url]

[i]Reuters withdraws photograph of Beirut after Air Force attack after US blogs, photographers point out 'blatant evidence of manipulation.' Reuters' head of PR says in response, 'Reuters has suspended photographer until investigations are completed into changes made to photograph.' Photographer who sent altered image is same Reuters photographer behind many of images from Qana, which have also been subject of suspicions for being staged Yaakov Lappin [/i]
since then, [url="http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3287774,00.html"]all[/url] of his photos have been pulled, b/c at least one more was doctored...

my question is this, and it is addressed to: Coy, bj, cp1 (sorry, i haven't got your new name down yet), and abu (haven't seen you in a minute, but if you still post here, i'd love an answer from you too)... my question is this: If the zionists/israelis are so prevalent at propaganda and using the media as their personal machine, why doesn't the "zionists" ever get caught doctoring photos? that is one of my main reasons i reject your criticism... no matter how good someone is, they eventually get caught... yet, for some reason, it seems to be the ones saying zionists are using propaganda, are actually the ones using it... if they did this so often, why don't they ever get caught... this is 2 times in a week that hez got caught...[/quote]

Israelis are smart enough not to do anything so crude? There's a big difference between using propaganda and being good at it. I hope you're not calling Qana an instance of Hizbullah getting caught at using propaganda, because it was actually the Israelis that were forced to retract their statements about missles being fired from there.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='311001' date='Aug 7 2006, 05:59 PM']Israelis are smart enough not to do anything so crude? There's a big difference between using propaganda and being good at it. I hope you're not calling Qana an instance of Hizbullah getting caught at using propaganda, because it was actually the Israelis that were forced to retract their statements about missles being fired from there.[/quote]

so they just never get caught at it... i see.... qana was a setup, where a bomb actually did hit the building...... 8 hours before it fell...

and yet there were still 26 people inside :blink: qana was a setup... no question in my mind... this guy was caught doctoring photos... when people do bad things, they get caught.... yet for some reason, only your side is doing the doctoring....

Guest Coy Bacon

[quote name='bengalrick' post='311095' date='Aug 7 2006, 08:59 PM']so they just never get caught at it... i see.... qana was a setup, where a bomb actually did hit the building...... 8 hours before it fell...

and yet there were still 26 people inside :blink: qana was a setup... no question in my mind... this guy was caught doctoring photos... when people do bad things, they get caught.... yet for some reason, only your side is doing the doctoring....[/quote]

The Israelis haven't gotten caught at doctoring photos that I know of, which is something that you don't hear of much with sophisticated propaganda machines. So that's no big deal. They have, however, been caught at lying, spyuing, manipulating and running false flag operations - numerous times.

Your statement, "when people do bad things, they get caught," is juvenile nonsense. I hardly think that you could possibly be serious. When people do bad things INEPTLY they get caught.

I don't have a side, I just recognize in the modern Jews-only state a very great evil that is consistently covered up and excused. I can't even begin to talk about the evils of the other side until that imbalance is properly addressed, which Israel's fellow supremacists are loathe to do.

The Israelis are sophisticated enough - they've got Mossad for crying out loud - and well financed enough to avoid getting caught in crude impostures like that allegedly perpetrated by the photographer. When they do get caught, they're also usually able to get it to blow over through a combination of extortion and the sentiment of their fellow supremacists.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='bengalrick' post='311095' date='Aug 7 2006, 08:59 PM']qana was a setup, where a bomb actually did hit the building...... 8 hours before it fell...

and yet there were still 26 people inside :blink: qana was a setup... no question in my mind...[/quote]

[b]talk about insane .... and you think the 9/11 truth people are conspiracy nuts ... Israel doesn't even question Qana ... you are basically saying that Israel apologized repeatedly for a Hezbollah staged event ??? :crazy: :crazy: :wacko: [/b]

Guest BlackJesus

[b]making extra smoke columns in a photo = bad

making false claims in your state of the union speech in order to go to war = good

:wacko: [/b]

Guest BlackJesus

[b][size=3][center]REMEMBER THIS BUSH TV AD ????[/size][/b]

[img]http://www.thetalentshow.org/images/ad-fraud.jpg[/img]

:whistle:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] [/center]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='311247' date='Aug 8 2006, 12:36 AM']haha I love how you wont just say that this person was wrong and admit that they do things like the media here does, and instead you just bring up a completely unrelated story...nice[/quote]

[b]this person was wrong .... and justifiably fired ...... !!!

now on to Bush for his turn [/b]

[quote name='Lawman' post='310831' date='Aug 7 2006, 01:39 PM']BR,

as a military photographer, I appreciate these photo's.

Now, I am curious to see photo's of this alledge drone that was shot down today.

Where did Hezbollah get this and how many more do they have :unsure:[/quote]

Really? Hmm... as your name seemed to imply, I always thought you would be a Master-at-Arms....

Learn something new everyday.....

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='311128' date='Aug 7 2006, 09:53 PM']The Israelis haven't gotten caught at doctoring photos that I know of, which is something that you don't hear of much with sophisticated propaganda machines. So that's no big deal. They have, however, been caught at lying, spyuing, manipulating and running false flag operations - numerous times.

Your statement, "when people do bad things, they get caught," is juvenile nonsense. I hardly think that you could possibly be serious. When people do bad things INEPTLY they get caught.

I don't have a side, I just recognize in the modern Jews-only state a very great evil that is consistently covered up and excused. I can't even begin to talk about the evils of the other side until that imbalance is properly addressed, which Israel's fellow supremacists are loathe to do.

The Israelis are sophisticated enough - they've got Mossad for crying out loud - and well financed enough to avoid getting caught in crude impostures like that allegedly perpetrated by the photographer. When they do get caught, they're also usually able to get it to blow over through a combination of extortion and the sentiment of their fellow supremacists.[/quote]

[b][i]I don't have a side[/i][/b]

:o

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] :lol: :lmao: :lmao:

sure you don't.... if you had no side, then you would agree that the propaganda machine on your side of the isle is just as bad as the israeli propaganda machine... apparently israel is better at it, and apparently they are so good at it that they can't possibly get caught... you have a side alright... if you didn't, then why do you sound EXACTLY like the people that call theirselves america's enemies?

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='311131' date='Aug 7 2006, 10:00 PM'][b]talk about insane .... and you think the 9/11 truth people are conspiracy nuts ... Israel doesn't even question Qana ... you are basically saying that Israel apologized repeatedly for a Hezbollah staged event ??? :crazy: :crazy: :wacko: [/b][/quote]

[i]qana was a setup, where a bomb actually did hit the building...... [/i]

a bomb hit the building... the setup is that 26 people died (52 in the first place) when the building collapsed 8 hours after the bomb hit... the same guy had the same children, and paraded them around... the fact that they got caught doing it, makes every single photo from their region skeptical... once again, hezbollah are screwing over the lebanese people... they are using those people as bait, yet you agree w/ them, so you support them with the cover story that you care about the lebanese people... if you really did, you would be calling for both israel and hez to pull back... since its only the big bad israelis doing all that is wrong in the region, i think your point of view is bullshit...

I really do try to find some angle that I can look at to give Israel any sort of sympathetic backing. But I just can't back a country that blew up an American ship killing the 70 so soldiers aboard and simply got off by saying sorry, our bad. Had lebanon took even a shot at our ship and even scratched a soldier, that country would have been toppled a long time ago. There are so many other routes that Israel could have taken to resolve the issue of their 2 kidnapped soldiers rather than going straight to war. It's so obvious that they just lick their chops at any excuse to kill, or attack Arabs, or Arab settlements, or hell even Americans for that matter it seems...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='RoyT' post='311457' date='Aug 8 2006, 10:07 AM']I really do try to find some angle that I can look at to give Israel any sort of sympathetic backing. But I just can't back a country that blew up an American ship killing the 70 so soldiers aboard and simply got off by saying sorry, our bad. Had lebanon took even a shot at our ship and even scratched a soldier, that country would have been toppled a long time ago. There are so many other routes that Israel could have taken to resolve the issue of their 2 kidnapped soldiers rather than going straight to war. It's so obvious that they just lick their chops at any excuse to kill, or attack Arabs, or Arab settlements, or hell even Americans for that matter it seems...[/quote]

are you talking about USS liberty? that was in 1967... i don't see why you still hold a grudge... i know next to nothing about this, and to be honest, i had to look up the account to find out what you were talking about... why are you using 40 year old history as your pretext to having sympathy w/ israel? that sounds more like vengance anything else... but just to educate myself better about this incident, i checked out the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident"]wikipedia entry[/url] and it said that both the israeli and US have conducted mulitple inquiries about the incident, and it seemed to be a tragic mistake... i dont know what they could do besides apologize... should they let us through a missile back at them or something?

i obviously don't agree w/ the attack/mistake attack, but i don't see how that matters on what we are seeing today...

i think your take on "could have done many things besides go to war" is based directly in this hatred or whatever you seem to have built up over the years over this incident... so your saying that if mexico kidnapped american soldiers, that isn't an act of war? there is only one way to deal w/ that sort of problem... if you ignore it, or try to talk about it, you are considered extremely weak and will be attacked all the time... you have to fight back...

[i]or hell even Americans for that matter it seems...[/i]

now your saying crazy shit man....

[quote name='bengalrick' post='311471' date='Aug 8 2006, 02:24 PM']are you talking about USS liberty? that was in 1967... i don't see why you still hold a grudge... i know next to nothing about this, and to be honest, i had to look up the account to find out what you were talking about... why are you using 40 year old history as your pretext to having sympathy w/ israel? that sounds more like vengance anything else... but just to educate myself better about this incident, i checked out the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident"]wikipedia entry[/url] and it said that both the israeli and US have conducted mulitple inquiries about the incident, and it seemed to be a tragic mistake... i dont know what they could do besides apologize... should they let us through a missile back at them or something?

i obviously don't agree w/ the attack/mistake attack, but i don't see how that matters on what we are seeing today...

i think your take on "could have done many things besides go to war" is based directly in this hatred or whatever you seem to have built up over the years over this incident... so your saying that if mexico kidnapped american soldiers, that isn't an act of war? there is only one way to deal w/ that sort of problem... if you ignore it, or try to talk about it, you are considered extremely weak and will be attacked all the time... you have to fight back...

[i]or hell even Americans for that matter it seems...[/i]

now your saying crazy shit man....[/quote]

There are many other ways to deal with a country that has an inner miltia that is causing trouble with another Gov. other than war. I'll throw just one out there sanctions, very mighty. And how about even spending just a week of talking about a peacefull resolve before dropping bombs on civilian settlements. You use Mexico as a country as an example but that is a very poor depiction due to the fact that lebenon as a country had no part in the kidnapping of those 2 soldiers. So all I'm asking is if America took the time to investigate the USS liberty instead of immediatly going to war, then why couldn't Israel provide the same sentiments to the lebenese Gov. I do belive that if a rouge militia in mexico captured our soldiers we would unite with Mexico to do whatever needs to be done rather than calling in an airstrike. As far as talking crazy shit about the Americans, there was 20,000 American citizens in lebenon in the begining of this conflict, and I'm sure it had no impact on the decision to start throwing bombs whweever they thought a Hizbollah soldier may be present.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='RoyT' post='311482' date='Aug 8 2006, 10:53 AM']There are many other ways to deal with a country that has an inner miltia that is causing trouble with another Gov. other than war. I'll throw just one out there sanctions, very mighty.[/quote]

sanctions is almost always a bad idea... you still piss off the population, you get almost nothing done unless the gov't actually cares about their people, and it usually ends w/ people wanting to erode the sanctions b/c of the poor people that are being abused by them... its never the leaders who get screwed by sanctions... its those that actually need our help...

[quote]And how about even spending just a week of talking about a peacefull resolve before dropping bombs on civilian settlements.[/quote]

why can hez kidnap a soldier, yet they should open up dialog to get them back... so your take is we should talk to them, allow hezbollah to exist and do this again, and do a prisoner swap of 2 for 2000? that won't work...

[quote]You use Mexico as a country as an example but that is a very poor depiction due to the fact that lebenon as a country had no part in the kidnapping of those 2 soldiers. So all I'm asking is if America took the time to investigate the USS liberty instead of immediatly going to war, then why couldn't Israel provide the same sentiments to the lebenese Gov. I do belive that if a rouge militia in mexico captured our soldiers we would unite with Mexico to do whatever needs to be done rather than calling in an airstrike. As far as talking crazy shit about the Americans, there was 20,000 American citizens in lebenon in the begining of this conflict, and I'm sure it had no impact on the decision to start throwing bombs whweever they thought a Hizbollah soldier may be present.[/quote]

your right... i should have said a terror group that has inflitrated mexican gov't... that group is the one that did the kidnapping... should we just say "shit!!! i guess we can't do anything..." mexico would probably condemn the attack and help us... maybe the lebanese gov't should do the same?

maybe the hezzies should stop firing missiles from rooftops, and crowded streets... maybe the hezzies should kidnap people from different countries? make no mistake, both sides are wrong... and i know i keep defending israel, but that is b/c people keep blaming only israel for this problem... and i know that is bs...

Archived