Kearns in trade talks?

Kochman

Austin Kearns: Subject of Trade Rumors

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Monday, January 3, 2005
Update: Kearns has been the subject of a number of trade rumors, and is on a few other teams' wish-lists, such as the Braves, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports.

Recommendation: We'll go on record now and suggest that trading Kearns now would be a colossal mistake by the Reds, unless they're able to extract premium value. Given that he's coming off a subpar, injury-plagued season, chances are he's not going to draw in value what his true potential merits.

I agree with that assessment. I think Kearns, at this point in his career could be the best overall player on the team (if he can stay healthy). He is a better fielder, and will hit for a better average than Dunn. I am hoping is string of bad luck injuries ends this year.

Guest bengalrick
i like the rotation as it is right now... we can look at it later when teams are more desperate or we're more desperate... don't trade him now...

i agree w/ the accessment too.. thanks for the heads up kochman...

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jan 3 2005, 07:09 PM']IF they trade him I hope its ONLY for a quality Pitcher.
[right][post="32735"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If they cant get a quality starting pitcher, then I hope they dont trade him.

Kearns is a good outfielder and has power, he just had some wierd injuries that kept him from playing last year.

Archived