R.I.P. Tupac Shakur- Died 10 years ago today

Guest Bengal_Smoov

Guest whodey 85
[quote name='Kool Keith' post='340200' date='Sep 14 2006, 03:49 PM']There's no way to make a real top 5.

Bust it down into top tiers. I'm not a west coast fan, but that doesn't mean that I can't give west coasters any love. But no WC style is ever going to be in my top 2.

Top Tier
Jay, Big, Nas, Snoop, MF DOOM, Tupac, Outkast

2nd Tier
Dre, Common, Cube, Rakim, Eminem (hate his subject matter, but he can flow)

3rd Tier
KRS, Slick Rick, Goodie Mob, Mobb Deep

And please, please, please don't mention hacks like TI, [b]Cham[/b], [b]Papoose[/b], and these other [b]flash in the pan type scrubs that use ghostwriters, casio keyboards, and have labels that spend 90% of the artist's contract on bullshit advertising.[/b]
Now, if someone wants to make a top 5 producers thread... call me.[/quote]

Psh. Bullshit.

Chamillionaire started hittin mixtapes back in 1999 and Papoose's been doin his thing since 1998.

They have a total of 1 mainstream album, they've been grindin for years.

Guest BadassBengal
I feel ya on the Rhymefest tip, Thurman. His album was fuckin great. Its a shame its been selling like warm shit on rye, though. And whodey85, LEAVE. 50 Cent? Kanye West? NOOOOOO. And fuck a Chamillionaire. The dude forces his rhymes. He tries to fit too much shit on a bar, tryin to rap fast, and the shit just don't work for him.

Current rappers:

1. Lil Wayne- fuck the haters. his punchlines are fucking CLASSIC. in EVERY ONE OF HIS SONGS he drops a punchline that makes you have to rewind it and hear him say it just one more time.

2. Lupe Fiasco- his new album, Food & Liquor is about to drop, but i d/led it, and the shit is fucking amazing. Comin out of Kanye's camp, the dude just has a sick flow, and connects everything so goddamn perfectly...

3. Method Man- my God, the man just dont know when to stop. He just dropped 4:21... The Day After, and the album is goddamn rediculous. My fav song on it: 4:20. Some straight up hip-hop shit

4. Juelz Santana- NOBODY in the world is gonna feel me on this one, but i think the dude has stepped up his game recently on the new "I Can't Feel My Face" mixtape with Weezy. Dude is fuckin hilarious, and his shit is memorable, cause he rhymes in that awkward Cam'ron/Dipset style.

5. Jay-Z- has been horrible as of recently when he's featured on other people's shit like the song he's featured in on Lupe's new album, or the Hustlin' remix with Rick Ross. But.. at the end of the day... he's still Jay-Z. He'll come back, and he is officially set to drop an album at the end of this year, now. Of course, that means the other Def Jam rappers like Joe Budden(one of my personal favs) will get pushed back, but... i can deal with that. Its Jigga, man...

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='339696' date='Sep 14 2006, 02:06 AM'][center][img]http://www.slappyshirts.com/user4211/images/753_design.jpg[/img][/center][/quote]

Have you heard them since they've hooked up with G-Unit? Mobb Deep is ass now, man...

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='340253' date='Sep 14 2006, 05:22 PM']4. Juelz Santana- NOBODY in the world is gonna feel me on this one, but i think the dude has stepped up his game recently on the new "I Can't Feel My Face" mixtape with Weezy. Dude is fuckin hilarious, and his shit is memorable, cause he rhymes in that awkward Cam'ron/Dipset style.[/quote]

I was just sitting here reading this thread wondering if anybody would bring him up. I'm not exactly the best person to talk about this because I'm mostly a rock man myself but I really like his stuff. Hell, I've never even heard half of the guys you guys are talking about but I know Juelz always has me bobbin my head.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Kool Keith' post='340200' date='Sep 14 2006, 03:49 PM']There's no way to make a real top 5.

Bust it down into top tiers. I'm not a west coast fan, but that doesn't mean that I can't give west coasters any love. But no WC style is ever going to be in my top 2.

Top Tier
Jay, Big, Nas, Snoop, MF DOOM, Tupac, [b]Outkast[/b]
2nd Tier
Dre, Common, Cube, Rakim, Eminem (hate his subject matter, but he can flow)

3rd Tier
KRS, Slick Rick, Goodie Mob, Mobb Deep

And please, please, please don't mention hacks like TI, Cham, Papoose, and these other flash in the pan type scrubs that use ghostwriters, casio keyboards, and have labels that spend 90% of the artist's contract on bullshit advertising.

Now, if someone wants to make a top 5 producers thread... call me.[/quote]

outkas top tier.... :lmao:

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='340257' date='Sep 14 2006, 05:25 PM']Have you heard them since they've hooked up with G-Unit? Mobb Deep is ass now, man...[/quote]

Mobb Deep = bitches, just like all of GUNIT and 50 Cent.

Guest whodey 85
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='340253' date='Sep 14 2006, 05:22 PM']And whodey85, LEAVE. 50 Cent? Kanye West? NOOOOOO. And fuck a Chamillionaire. The dude forces his rhymes. He tries to fit too much shit on a bar, tryin to rap fast, and the shit just don't work for him.[/quote]

I can understand u dont like 50 cause ppl r split on him, but how the hell can u not dig Kanye and have Lupe as #2? Lupe is a wannabe Kanye who isnt shit compared to K West.

And Chamillionaire dont force shit. Wat u talkin about not fittin?, he's smooth wit all his rhymes. U probly just some SwishaHouse luvin punk, or even worse, a Dike Jones fan.

I like the rest of ur dudes, Wayne is nasty, Jay-Z of course, Juelz, and Method Man. They tight.

[quote name='whodey 85' post='340885' date='Sep 15 2006, 03:13 PM']I can understand u dont like 50 cause ppl r split on him, but how the hell can u not dig Kanye and have Lupe as #2? Lupe is a wannabe Kanye who isnt shit compared to K West.

And Chamillionaire dont force shit. Wat u talkin about not fittin?, he's smooth wit all his rhymes. U probly just some SwishaHouse luvin punk, or even worse, a Dike Jones fan.

I like the rest of ur dudes, Wayne is nasty, Jay-Z of course, Juelz, and Method Man. They tight.[/quote]

man why everybody hatin on cham for? his album is amazing. if you judgin him off Ridin, ya outta ya fuckin mind.

my rating song by song

1. The Sound Of Revenge Intro - 9/10
2. In The Trunk - 9/10
3. Turn It Up - 7/10
4. Ridin' - 8/10
5. No Snitchin' - 9/10
6. Southern Takeover - 8/10
7. Radio Interruption - 7/10
8. Frontin' - 8/10
9. Grown And Sexy 7/10
10. Think I'm Crazy - 10/10
11. Rain - 10/10
12. Picture Perfect - 9/10
13. Fly As The Sky - 8/10
14. Peepin' Me - 6/10
15. Void In My Life 10/10
16. Outro - 10/10

my top 5 off of it are
1) Void In My Life
2) Rain
3) Think I'm Crazy
4) In The Trunk
5) Picture Perfect

my favorite rappers in order

1) The Last Emperor - He aint a gangsta rapper. his content and lyrical ability is so many levels above 95% of rappers out there it's not even funny. Best songs- One Life, Tiger Trail, Single Mother, Do You Remember, Heaven...the list goes on and on I feel like I could rattle of his 'best' forever cause I love em all.

2) Chamillionaire - Dude can kill a mixtape, can freestyle, can make hot songs with mainstream popularity, as well as just plain great songs- *see 'Void In My Life'*

3) Lloyd Banks - The Mixtape artist of the year in '03, album was very solid. continuously killin the mixtapes as we speak. New Album October 10th - Rotten Apple!

4) Talib Kweli - A conscious rapper with great content, great flow. Not much I can say except buy his albums and listen to him. Personal Favorites by him- Get By, The Proud, The Beautiful Struggle. New Album November 7th - Eardrum!

5) Joe Budden- Yeah, the dude with the song Pump it Up from Madden 04'. Dont dare judge him off that. His 05' mixtape entitled Mood Muzik 2 is one of the best mixtapes that come out in a long time. His self entitled debut album was great with standout tracks like - Walk With Me, 10 Minutes. best songs off Mood Muzik 2 - Dumb Out, 3 Sides to a Story

6) Pharoahe Monch - He's got one of the best flows of all rappers. 1999 album 'Internal Affairs' was amazing. Collaborated with Prince Poetry in early 90's, formed duo called 'Organized Konfusion'.

7) Mobb Deep - Don't hate cause they on G-Unit know. There 95' album 'The Infamous' is regarded as one of the best rap albums of all time. With other solid albums like, Infamy, Americaz Nightmare, Murda Muzik, Hell On Earth, H.N.I.C (solo project by Prodigy). and Blood Money wasn't terrible. a few skippables but also some nice ones. dudes were runnin shit on the east coast in 90's, ya better respect it.

8) 50 Cent - Yeah, yeah. I know. Songs like Candy Shop make him look bad, but his old music up until Get Rich or Die Tryin, which was a great album, was very good. His unofficial first album Power of the Dollar had the best of 50 on that. Personal Favorites/Best Songs - Ghetto Q'uran, How to Rob, Life's on the Line, Be A Gentlemen, Power of the Dollar (song not album), Many Men

9) Tech N9ne - Dude is simply crazy. Not you're typical rapper at all. He's got an aggressive sound to his music and flow and lyrical skill is on point. Best songs, Suicide Letters, God Complex, Here Comes Tecca Nina, This Ring, The Industry is Punks.

10) Obie Trice - His second album, 'Second Round's On Me', hit stores a few weeks ago. I'm addicted to it. Pick that shit up!

other rappers I like....
-2Pac
-Aceyalone
-Big Daddy Kane
-Binary Star
-Black Rob
-Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
-Cam'ron
-Cunninlynguists
-DMX
-Eminem
-Fabolous
-Flipsyde (rock/rap group, think Fort Minor only better)
-Game
-Gift of Gab
-Jay-Z
-JR Writer
-Juelz Santana
-Lil Wayne
-Little Brother
-Ma$e
-Memphis Bleek
-Mos Def
-Murs
-Nas
-Nelly
-Papoose
-Pastor Troy
-Rakim
-Ras Kass
-Spider Loc
-T.I
-Tony Yayo
-Tragedy Khadafi
-Young Buck
-Young Hot Rod

yeah......I like a lot of people. I'm always tryin to expand my horizon and not hate on nobody, except Dike Jones!

Guest whodey 85

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='340999' date='Sep 15 2006, 06:02 PM']man why everybody hatin on cham for? his album is amazing. if you judgin him off Ridin, ya outta ya fuckin mind.

my rating song by song

1. The Sound Of Revenge Intro - 9/10
2. In The Trunk - 9/10
3. Turn It Up - 7/10
4. Ridin' - 8/10
5. No Snitchin' - 9/10
6. Southern Takeover - 8/10
7. Radio Interruption - 7/10
8. Frontin' - 8/10
9. Grown And Sexy 7/10
10. Think I'm Crazy - 10/10
11. Rain - 10/10
12. Picture Perfect - 9/10
13. Fly As The Sky - 8/10
14. Peepin' Me - 6/10
15. Void In My Life 10/10
16. Outro - 10/10

my top 5 off of it are
1) Void In My Life
2) Rain
3) Think I'm Crazy
4) In The Trunk
5) Picture Perfect
my favorite rappers in order

1) The Last Emperor - He aint a gangsta rapper. his content and lyrical ability is so many levels above 95% of rappers out there it's not even funny. Best songs- One Life, Tiger Trail, Single Mother, Do You Remember, Heaven...the list goes on and on I feel like I could rattle of his 'best' forever cause I love em all.

2) Chamillionaire - Dude can kill a mixtape, can freestyle, can make hot songs with mainstream popularity, as well as just plain great songs- *see 'Void In My Life'*

3) Lloyd Banks - The Mixtape artist of the year in '03, album was very solid. continuously killin the mixtapes as we speak. New Album October 10th - Rotten Apple!

4) Talib Kweli - A conscious rapper with great content, great flow. Not much I can say except buy his albums and listen to him. Personal Favorites by him- Get By, The Proud, The Beautiful Struggle. New Album November 7th - Eardrum!

5) Joe Budden- Yeah, the dude with the song Pump it Up from Madden 04'. Dont dare judge him off that. His 05' mixtape entitled Mood Muzik 2 is one of the best mixtapes that come out in a long time. His self entitled debut album was great with standout tracks like - Walk With Me, 10 Minutes. best songs off Mood Muzik 2 - Dumb Out, 3 Sides to a Story

6) Pharoahe Monch - He's got one of the best flows of all rappers. 1999 album 'Internal Affairs' was amazing. Collaborated with Prince Poetry in early 90's, formed duo called 'Organized Konfusion'.

7) Mobb Deep - Don't hate cause they on G-Unit know. There 95' album 'The Infamous' is regarded as one of the best rap albums of all time. With other solid albums like, Infamy, Americaz Nightmare, Murda Muzik, Hell On Earth, H.N.I.C (solo project by Prodigy). and Blood Money wasn't terrible. a few skippables but also some nice ones. dudes were runnin shit on the east coast in 90's, ya better respect it.

8) 50 Cent - Yeah, yeah. I know. Songs like Candy Shop make him look bad, but his old music up until Get Rich or Die Tryin, which was a great album, was very good. His unofficial first album Power of the Dollar had the best of 50 on that. Personal Favorites/Best Songs - Ghetto Q'uran, How to Rob, Life's on the Line, Be A Gentlemen, Power of the Dollar (song not album), Many Men

9) Tech N9ne - Dude is simply crazy. Not you're typical rapper at all. He's got an aggressive sound to his music and flow and lyrical skill is on point. Best songs, Suicide Letters, God Complex, Here Comes Tecca Nina, This Ring, The Industry is Punks.

10) Obie Trice - His second album, 'Second Round's On Me', hit stores a few weeks ago. I'm addicted to it. Pick that shit up!

other rappers I like....
-2Pac
-Aceyalone
-Big Daddy Kane
-Binary Star
-Black Rob
-Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
-Cam'ron
-Cunninlynguists
-DMX
-Eminem
-Fabolous
-Flipsyde (rock/rap group, think Fort Minor only better)
-Game
-Gift of Gab
-Jay-Z
-JR Writer
-Juelz Santana
-Lil Wayne
-Little Brother
-Ma$e
-Memphis Bleek
-Mos Def
-Murs
-Nas
-Nelly
-Papoose
-Pastor Troy
-Rakim
-Ras Kass
-Spider Loc
-T.I
-Tony Yayo
-Tragedy Khadafi
-Young Buck
-Young Hot Rod
yeah......I like a lot of people. I'm always tryin to expand my horizon and not hate on nobody, [b]except Dike Jones![/b][/quote]

:bowdown:

Thanx CCC for preachin to these fools. Its obvious who on here likes real rappers *cough* me n CCC *cough*

"Who they hate, Dike, Dike, Dike, Dike, Dike, Dike real niggas aint jammin Dike Jones, who?, Dike, Jones, Jones"

[quote name='whodey 85' post='341011' date='Sep 15 2006, 06:37 PM']:bowdown:

Thanx CCC for preachin to these fools. Its obvious who on here likes real rappers *cough* me n CCC *cough*

"Who they hate, Dike, Dike, Dike, Dike, Dike, Dike real niggas aint jammin Dike Jones, who?, Dike, Jones, Jones"[/quote]

you know I got you :D My favorite Dike disses are Problems off of the P-Cutter and Vlad the Butcher Beef 2 mixtape and You Got Wrecked. that shit had me [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Archived