R.I.P. Tupac Shakur- Died 10 years ago today

Guest Bengal_Smoov

Guest Bengal_Smoov
10 years ago the world lost one of it's most brightest stars.. Tupac died at 25 years old due to gun shot wounds sustained while leaving a Mike Tyson fight in Las Vegas. Despite getting shot up on the Las Vegas strip infront of hundreds of witnesses, there have been no arrest or suspects for his murder. Many people chalked up his death as karma, a man who made millions promoting the T.H.U.G L.I.F.E. gets gunned down in the streets. But many people outside of the hip-hop culture never took the time to listen to Tupac's message in his music and really understood what he stood for.

THUG LIFE was actually a a backronym for: "The Hate U Give Little Infants Fucks Everybody". "Thug Life" was also a phrase to describe their attitude and view about life in poverty. Sort of a "state of mind" that a person gains living in poor, violent communities where criminals are often immortalized.

As detailed in the film Tupac: Resurrection the concept of "Thug Life" was viewed by Shakur as a philosophy for life. He declared that the dictionary definition of a "thug" as being a rogue or criminal was not how he used the term, but rather he meant someone who came from oppressive or squalid background and little opportunity but still made a life for themselves and were proud. Thug Life became a calling card for how Shakur viewed his influence on society. He had people from all walks of life -- criminals in jail, white kids in the suburbs, poor black kids in the ghetto -- wanting to know how they could be a part of his movement. Shakur admitted this sudden power he had over people frightened him. But he used the idea of Thug Life to transform the desires of these people into something he viewed as positive, a way to reach out to the poor, the disenfranchised, and the oppressed. Gang members instituted what was called the Thug Life Code of Ethics, and gangs from New York to Chicago to Los Angeles claimed to abide by it. Examples of the rules in this Code of Ethics were that civilians were not to be targets in gang warfare, and that children in schools should not be indoctrinated by gang propaganda.

Shakur's philosophy of Thug Life was met with harsh criticism from most of the leaders in government and politics, including many notables in the black community.

As kid Tupac was my favorite rap artist, his music spoke to alot of people all over the world. Many kids who grew up in disadvantaged situations could indentify with Pac's music because they felt the same way about the world as he did. He also gave hope to many people who lived in fucked up situations through his music, had he not been killed at the age of 25 he would a major figure in the world today.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='339263' date='Sep 13 2006, 05:35 PM']howd you know :o[/quote]

1+1 =2

Your pretty quick to turn the other cheeck, ever think about leading a civil rights movement..

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='339272' date='Sep 13 2006, 05:44 PM'][b]not sure where you going with that , but im a tell ya to chill out, before we go too far ;)[/b][/quote]

I'm chill just saying your pretty quick to forgive racist assholes that all, but yeah whatever..Enjoy the game with your sign and all...

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='339079' date='Sep 13 2006, 03:40 PM']10 years ago the world lost one of it's most brightest stars.. Tupac died at 25 years old due to gun shot wounds sustained while leaving a Mike Tyson fight in Las Vegas. Despite getting shot up on the Las Vegas strip infront of hundreds of witnesses, there have been no arrest or suspects for his murder. Many people chalked up his death as karma, a man who made millions promoting the T.H.U.G L.I.F.E. gets gunned down in the streets. But many people outside of the hip-hop culture never took the time to listen to Tupac's message in his music and really understood what he stood for.

THUG LIFE was actually a a backronym for: "The Hate U Give Little Infants Fucks Everybody". "Thug Life" was also a phrase to describe their attitude and view about life in poverty. Sort of a "state of mind" that a person gains living in poor, violent communities where criminals are often immortalized.

As detailed in the film Tupac: Resurrection the concept of "Thug Life" was viewed by Shakur as a philosophy for life. He declared that the dictionary definition of a "thug" as being a rogue or criminal was not how he used the term, but rather he meant someone who came from oppressive or squalid background and little opportunity but still made a life for themselves and were proud. Thug Life became a calling card for how Shakur viewed his influence on society. He had people from all walks of life -- criminals in jail, white kids in the suburbs, poor black kids in the ghetto -- wanting to know how they could be a part of his movement. Shakur admitted this sudden power he had over people frightened him. But he used the idea of Thug Life to transform the desires of these people into something he viewed as positive, a way to reach out to the poor, the disenfranchised, and the oppressed. Gang members instituted what was called the Thug Life Code of Ethics, and gangs from New York to Chicago to Los Angeles claimed to abide by it. Examples of the rules in this Code of Ethics were that civilians were not to be targets in gang warfare, and that children in schools should not be indoctrinated by gang propaganda.

Shakur's philosophy of Thug Life was met with harsh criticism from most of the leaders in government and politics, including many notables in the black community.

As kid Tupac was my favorite rap artist, his music spoke to alot of people all over the world. Many kids who grew up in disadvantaged situations could indentify with Pac's music because they felt the same way about the world as he did. He also gave hope to many people who lived in fucked up situations through his music, had he not been killed at the age of 25 he would a major figure in the world today.[/quote]

[img]http://www.celebritymorgue.com/tupac-shakur/tupac-shakur.jpg[/img]
Live by the gun, die by the gun....

Guest Whodey420
[quote name='85fanwilkes' post='339289' date='Sep 13 2006, 06:38 PM']Tupac is an epic rap artist who will be remembered for ages...his music will become timeless such as bob marley's music who also died to young imo.[/quote]

Dude dont even go there. Marley died of cancer and was a peace loving, weed smoker who wrote
and sang about "One Love" Promoted his religion (Rastafari). Not too mention his son Rohan was a
pretty bad ass football player for the University of Miami.
Tupac died a violent bullet ridden death cause he fronted as a gang bangin wanna be
thug. Sure he wrote/sang about his "supposed" surroundings but instead of trying to change
them he promoted and glamorized them and ended up being a victim of his own persona.
Dont even try to compare the two. About the only thing they had in common was dying way
too young regardless of how you view their lives or music.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Whodey420' post='339348' date='Sep 13 2006, 07:47 PM']Dude dont even go there. Marley died of cancer and was a peace loving, weed smoker who wrote
and sang about "One Love" Promoted his religion (Rastafari). Not too mention his son Rohan was a
Tupac died a violent bullet ridden death cause he fronted as a gang bangin wanna be
thug. Sure he wrote/sang about his "supposed" surroundings but instead of trying to change
them he promoted and glamorized them and ended up being a victim of his own persona.
Dont even try to compare the two. About the only thing they had in common was dying way
too young regardless of how you view their lives or music.[/quote]

BOOO!!!!

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='339079' date='Sep 13 2006, 03:40 PM']10 years ago the world lost one of it's most brightest stars.. Tupac died at 25 years old due to gun shot wounds sustained while leaving a Mike Tyson fight in Las Vegas. Despite getting shot up on the Las Vegas strip infront of hundreds of witnesses, there have been no arrest or suspects for his murder. Many people chalked up his death as karma, a man who made millions promoting the T.H.U.G L.I.F.E. gets gunned down in the streets. But many people outside of the hip-hop culture never took the time to listen to Tupac's message in his music and really understood what he stood for.

As kid Tupac was my favorite rap artist, his music spoke to alot of people all over the world. Many kids who grew up in disadvantaged situations could indentify with Pac's music because they felt the same way about the world as he did. He also gave hope to many people who lived in fucked up situations through his music, had he not been killed at the age of 25 he would a major figure in the world today.[/quote]
[size=7]

[b]R.I.P.[/b][/size] to the best rapper to ever live.

[quote name='Whodey420' post='339348' date='Sep 13 2006, 07:47 PM']Dude dont even go there. Marley died of cancer and was a peace loving, weed smoker who wrote
too young regardless of how you view their lives or music.[/quote]

You obviously havent listened to much real tupac....hater.

Guest Agent Orange
What are some of your favorite 2pac songs/lyrics?

mine has gotta be 'hit 'em up'..we used to listen to that shit everyday when we'd go on joint cruises

"First off, Fuck yer bitch and the clique you claim
West side when we ride, come equipped with game
You claim to be a playa, but I fucked your wife
We bust on bad boys, niggaz fucked for life"

"grab ya glocks when ya see 2pac, call the cops when you see 2pac, who shot me but your punks didn't finish now you bout to feel the wrath of a menace, nigga i hit em up!"

the end part is pretty scary. 2pac was pissed!

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Agent Orange' post='339496' date='Sep 13 2006, 10:44 PM']What are some of your favorite 2pac songs/lyrics?

mine has gotta be 'hit 'em up'..we used to listen to that shit everyday when we'd go on joint cruises

"grab ya glocks when ya see 2pac, call the cops when you see 2pac, who shot me but your punks didn't finish now you bout to feel the wrath of a menace, nigga i hit em up!"

the end part is pretty scary. 2pac was pissed![/quote]

i cant pick. honestly, there isnt a bad lyric and they are all great.

Guest whodey 85
[quote name='Agent Orange' post='339496' date='Sep 13 2006, 10:44 PM']What are some of your favorite 2pac songs/lyrics?

the end part is pretty scary. 2pac was pissed![/quote]

A song I really like that none of yall have probly heard is Thug N U Thug N Me

It was a song wit him and K-Ci & Jojo (my favorite R&B group). It was on X, K-Ci & Jojo's 3rd CD. It wasnt heard on the radio cause all the vulgar, but its a tight song.

Guest Agent Orange
[quote name='whodey 85' post='339565' date='Sep 13 2006, 11:41 PM']A song I really like that none of yall have probly heard is Thug N U Thug N Me[/quote]
I'm gonna d/l that song.

Guest whodey 85
[quote name='Agent Orange' post='339578' date='Sep 14 2006, 12:00 AM']I'm gonna d/l that song.[/quote]

U should if u like 2Pac and some soul singin brothas.

And let me kno wat u think of it when u hear it.

I think Tupacs greatest contribution to the entertainment industry was as a backup dancer for digital underground :ninja:

On another note, Bob Marley really was killed by the CIA.

I wish both of them were still here today, both had far greater things they could have accomplished, in the music industry, life and even politics. Tupac had a real message and it's a shame he got caught up in the "rap wars" and all of the greedy people who propogated them for their own profit (and who are still profiting from him today). Don't get me wrong, he wanted the money too but he was really just a pawn in the whole scenario.
He was a great actor too, The Juice is still one of my favorite movies.

Also on another note, it seems like a lot of rappers are very good actors. I just saw ATL not to long ago and I thoght TI was damn good in that and I heard Xzibit did a great job in Gridiron Gang which comes out this week. I also liked Snoop in Bossin Up.
Since I'm the subject of movies, has anybody seen "I've got five on it"? Its a pretty funny low budget stoner flick by the Quiroz Bros. I highly recommend it if you don't mind a movie without the finely polished look of a hollywood flick.
I know, I know :hijack:

RIP Tupac

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='whodey 85' post='339565' date='Sep 13 2006, 11:41 PM']A song I really like that none of yall have probly heard is [b]Thug N U Thug N Me[/b]

It was a song wit him and K-Ci & Jojo (my favorite R&B group). It was on X, K-Ci & Jojo's 3rd CD. It wasnt heard on the radio cause all the vulgar, but its a tight song.[/quote]

that song is fuckin awesome

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='339587' date='Sep 14 2006, 12:18 AM']I think Tupacs greatest contribution to the entertainment industry was as a backup dancer for digital underground :ninja:

On another note, Bob Marley really was killed by the CIA.

I wish both of them were still here today, both had far greater things they could have accomplished, in the music industry, life and even politics. Tupac had a real message and it's a shame he got caught up in the "rap wars" and all of the greedy people who propogated them for their own profit (and who are still profiting from him today). Don't get me wrong, he wanted the money too but he was really just a pawn in the whole scenario.
He was a great actor too, The Juice is still one of my favorite movies.

Also on another note, it seems like a lot of rappers are very good actors. I just saw ATL not to long ago and I thoght TI was damn good in that and I heard Xzibit did a great job in Gridiron Gang which comes out this week. I also liked Snoop in Bossin Up.
Since I'm the subject of movies, has anybody seen "I've got five on it"? Its a pretty funny low budget stoner flick by the Quiroz Bros. I highly recommend it if you don't mind a movie without the finely polished look of a hollywood flick.
I know, I know :hijack:

RIP Tupac[/quote]

i liked the movies 2pac was in. they were good.

Guest whodey 85

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='339588' date='Sep 14 2006, 12:18 AM']that song is fuckin awesome[/quote]

Haha, that's wat Im talkin about babi. :lol:

I just remembered that a part of the song is in Barbershop 2 when they're listenin to rap then Ice comes in and says no rap musik til latter.

Archived