Official Offseason Thread

JBandJoeyV

I would honestly be surprised if Wayne Krivsky didnt do a lot this offseason, it being his first full offseason. He did a shit load in his couple week prior to the season, and during the season, so I expect the trend to continue. I really hope he can bring in a few solid free agents that will help the team going in the right way. Too be honest I almost wouldnt mind seeing the reds trade Dunn as long as we got someone sweet in return like an Ace or something. But Im really getting sick of Dunn doing everything bad except hit homers.

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='356959' date='Oct 1 2006, 09:52 PM']WDF do you know where a list of FAs are?[/quote]

Um I remember seeing something about it..I'll try and find it again for ya

A few possibilities...

Brad Radke-Played for the twins, and krivsky seems like marvin where he likes players that have played for his former teams...

Jason Schmidt, Mark Buerhle, Mark Mulder, Barry Zito-If we were able to get one of them that would be sweet.

Few relievers-I hope we keep Schoeneweis, Mike Stanton, Steve Kline, maybe 1 or 2 of those kinda players

I think another RF would be nice...

But finally I think we should get....

ALFONSO SORIANO!!!

I think if Harang and Arroyo can pitch as well and hopefully better than they did this year I think we should be a solid team again next year. They are a solid one two punch, and hopefully we can get one more good FA pitcher to go with them, Milton, and then hopefully EZ can play like he did in some of his better games this year. He had some solid performances this year, and hopefully he can expand on them...

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
i think we try to trade Dunn, but i dont think we will get that much for him. IF we do trade him, i think people will bitch about what we get for him. honestly ridding ourselves of him is a positive and i dont care what we get back.

i dont think we make any extraordinary moves this offseason like people are hoping either. I bet we make smaller moves that end up paying off, but people will be kinda pissed/depressed going into march/april because of the lack of a big time/name move.

I think we trade Dunn for a pitcher and/or second baseman and dump Larue. Hopefully Aurilla stays. Maybe Krivsky can get us one more quality starter like Zito or Mulder. Move Griffey to right field and sign a good outfielder. Krivsky will be a work horse in the off season for this team.

Sadly, Dunn's performance in September was such that it would be difficult to trade him at all. His pay to production ratio was very bad.

I also think that it will be difficult to lure a good pitcher into the Great American Launching Pad. I think if the bullpen can get healthy, and Homer Bailey can perform well next year, it will improve the team.

But the biggest need is for Dunn to improve his work ethic. Junior needs to move to RF.

I think the only player we have with any trade value would be to send Junior to the AL as a DH for pitching.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jason' post='357114' date='Oct 2 2006, 08:43 AM']Sadly, Dunn's performance in September was such that it would be difficult to trade him at all. His pay to production ratio was very bad.

I also think that it will be difficult to lure a good pitcher into the Great American Launching Pad. I think if the bullpen can get healthy, and Homer Bailey can perform well next year, it will improve the team.

But the biggest need is for Dunn to improve his work ethic. Junior needs to move to RF.

I think the only player we have with any trade value would be to send Junior to the AL as a DH for pitching.[/quote]

junior needs to move to LF, not RF.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='357176' date='Oct 2 2006, 10:10 AM']junior needs to move to LF, not RF.[/quote]

Why LF over RF?

He throws left handed. Left handed throwers are more common in RF than LF, (Dave Parker, Paul O'Neal, and Roberto Clemente just to name a few) and he has a better arm than Dunn.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jason' post='357216' date='Oct 2 2006, 11:06 AM']Why LF over RF?

He throws left handed. Left handed throwers are more common in RF than LF, (Dave Parker, Paul O'Neal, and Roberto Clemente just to name a few) and he has a better arm than Dunn.[/quote]

1) dunn needs to leave i dont care what we get for him

2) griffey doesnt have the arm for RF

3) im hoping we pick up an OF via trade/FA hopefully who can play RF (a juan encarnacion/jose guillen/reggie sanders type of guy)

4) LFs do less running than RFs. The way our defense throws to 1B the RF typically backs up 1B and we dont need Griffey attempting to make that run all the time. How often do u really throw to 3B? much less.

5) can we please get rid of dunn ? QUICKLY! i dont care what we get in return in all honesty. id hope for a lot, but i know that wont happen.

Guest whodey 85
For the OF, I'd luv to see my boi Torii Hunter out in CF. Im not one of the ppl sayin Jr needs to move, but the D would definetly improve wit T-Nut in center and Jr out in RF.

Id also like to see Alex Gonzalez at SS, great D and isnt terrible at hittin.

Pitchin wise, Im not waistin my time talkin about all the players that would help this team out. All I kno is Big Bob needs to open the wallet mayne.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='357035' date='Oct 2 2006, 12:10 AM']Give soriano what ever the fuck he wants[/quote]

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

i have been saying this all year, dammit I would have taken Bray and Soriano for Kearns, Lopez and Wagner.

I wonder if the Nat's would of pulled the trigger :unsure:

Oh yeah almost forgot; send a scout down to West Florida to see my son.

[u]Pissburgh[/u] scout dropped his name to the head coach as a prospect. :(

Fastball: 92 with movement, Hard-slider, 12-6 curve and decent change-up.

Honestly, in doesn't mater whom drafts him to me :blush:

He can always be traded to the Reds :D

A-Men, I finally agree with you on at least one part of this...Im starting to believe we should trade dunn. However, i think if griffey is healthy he will still produce and be a .275-2.90 35 hr 100 rbi type player. But I really think it might be time to let go of dunn, even though he will move to another team and have 500+ career homers and 2000000+ career Ks...

however, when griffey was healthy and playing well and we put dunn in the two spot he was able to perform, so maybe we just need griffey or another big hitter like soriano to be around dunn to take pressure off of him. I will be fine if we get rid of dunn or if we keep dunn, as long as we get him protection.

By the way Arroyo and Harang pitched great this year, they finished 1-2 in innings, 2 and 9 in Ks, both near the top in wins...

If they pitch like that next year we will be in the playoffs guaranteed!!

Guest whodey 85

[quote name='Lawman' post='357343' date='Oct 2 2006, 01:52 PM']Oh yeah almost forgot; send a scout down to West Florida to see my son.

[u]Pissburgh[/u] scout dropped his name to the head coach as a prospect. :(

Fastball: 92 with movement, Hard-slider, 12-6 curve and decent change-up.

Honestly, in doesn't mater whom drafts him to me :blush:
He can always be traded to the Reds :D[/quote]

Im guessin he's right-handed, cause if he was a lefty, u woulda said it. :lol:

Ur son's fastball is where I want mine, Im 16, left-handed, and throw 80. I got a change-up that has a screwball movement to it, and Im workin on this nu curve. Im 6-3, so I hope I fill out and pick up some velocity.

Props to ur son for bein where I want to b at. :D

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='357430' date='Oct 2 2006, 03:54 PM']A-Men, I finally agree with you on at least one part of this...Im starting to believe we should trade dunn. However, i think if griffey is healthy he will still produce and be a .275-2.90 35 hr 100 rbi type player. But I really think it might be time to let go of dunn, even though he will move to another team and have 500+ career homers and 2000000+ career Ks...

however, when griffey was healthy and playing well and we put dunn in the two spot he was able to perform, so maybe we just need griffey or another big hitter like soriano to be around dunn to take pressure off of him. I will be fine if we get rid of dunn or if we keep dunn, as long as we get him protection.

By the way Arroyo and Harang pitched great this year, they finished 1-2 in innings, 2 and 9 in Ks, both near the top in wins...

If they pitch like that next year we will be in the playoffs guaranteed!![/quote]

griffey cant touch the avg # u just said. He has proven that he cant hit for a high avg anymore. He was healthy this year and his avg blew ass. His #'s have always been skewed anyways because he goes on hot streaks and does it all in spurts rather than spreading it over an entire season. He goes cold for long stretches of time and really hurts his team since he goes so cold, kinda like Dunn for the past 1.5-2 months.

griffey played almost a full season last year and what was his batting average? If i remember correctly it was .301. He had a bad year, but that doesnt mean he cant play like he did 2 years ago. Im not even saying he has to play like he did in seattle, just like he did 2 years ago...

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='357641' date='Oct 2 2006, 10:00 PM']griffey played almost a full season last year and what was his batting average? If i remember correctly it was .301. He had a bad year, but that doesnt mean he cant play like he did 2 years ago. Im not even saying he has to play like he did in seattle, just like he did 2 years ago...[/quote]

his bat speed is even lower this year than that year and he has no leg strength anymore. this year was a showing of what we will get from him.

you completely ignored the inconsistency thing too.

lots of players go on hot and cold streaks...I mean look at Arod this season. I think when griffey is fully healthy and has good bats around him, he can continue to be a solid player. He doesnt hurt the team that much like Dunn does by striking out so much and not hitting with risp. Griffey can bring some positives to this team where as all Dunn brings is homers in non important situations.

I think Griffey can easily have another year like he did two years ago if he is able to stay healthy, which is always a big if. I also want him to play CF next year so we dont have to put Freel out there day in and day out. Freel is better when he plays 2 out of every 3 games or 3 out of 4 or something. He plays with so much energy that he cant play everyday. I also like it better when he can play any position rather than just 1. So I hope that our Starting lineup next year will be solid without freel, and then freel can substitute for whoever is starting in RF/2nd/3rd and play 2 or 3 games out of 3 or 4...

My ideal lineup assuming we dont gain or lose any starters...

1. Freel RF/Phillips SS
2. Phillips SS/Hatterberg 1st
3. Griffey CF
4. Aurillia 2nd
5. Encarnacion 3rd
6. Dunn LF
7. Hatterberg 1st/Denofria RF
8. Ross C

But honestly I hope we can find a better RF then denofria, cause i dont think he is quite ready yet to play everyday. I hope to get a solid veteran RF like Encarnacion or Guillen or someone like that.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='357722' date='Oct 2 2006, 11:53 PM']lots of players go on hot and cold streaks...I mean look at Arod this season. I think when griffey is fully healthy and has good bats around him, he can continue to be a solid player. He doesnt hurt the team that much like Dunn does by striking out so much and not hitting with risp. Griffey can bring some positives to this team where as all Dunn brings is homers in non important situations.

I think Griffey can easily have another year like he did two years ago if he is able to stay healthy, which is always a big if. I also want him to play CF next year so we dont have to put Freel out there day in and day out. Freel is better when he plays 2 out of every 3 games or 3 out of 4 or something. He plays with so much energy that he cant play everyday. I also like it better when he can play any position rather than just 1. So I hope that our Starting lineup next year will be solid without freel, and then freel can substitute for whoever is starting in RF/2nd/3rd and play 2 or 3 games out of 3 or 4...
My ideal lineup assuming we dont gain or lose any starters...

1. Freel RF/Phillips SS
2. Phillips SS/Hatterberg 1st
3. Griffey CF
4. Aurillia 2nd
5. Encarnacion 3rd
6. Dunn LF
7. Hatterberg 1st/Denofria RF
8. Ross C

But honestly I hope we can find a better RF then denofria, cause i dont think he is quite ready yet to play everyday. I hope to get a solid veteran RF like Encarnacion or Guillen or someone like that.[/quote]

thats a bad lineup. i alread showed u the best one. Griffey is not a 3 hitter anymore and shouldnt be one.'

1) Freel CF
2) Phillips SS
3) Aurilia 2B
4) Edwin 3B
5) Griffey RF
6) Dunn LF
7) Hatteberg 1B
8) Ross C

our 2 best clutch hitters are aurilia and edwin, much better than griffey with RISP and its best to have a consistent lineup. with griffeys mass injuries we keep our 1-4 consistent even if he gets hurt and everyone else moves up 1 spot with griffeys replacement going into the 8 hole (denorfia i guess). Only idea i thought of is swithcing Hatteberg and Ross. Hatteberg has that high OBP so he could get on, our pitcher sacrifice him over and we have the top of the order up with hatteberg on 2nd or 3rd. And with hatteberg batting 8th u wont end an inning with the pitcher due up 1st nearly as much cuz hatteberg is a quality OBP guy. Last year it happend so many times and starting an inning with a pitcher is horrid.

[quote]Im guessin he's right-handed, cause if he was a lefty, u woulda said it.[/quote]

If he was a lefty he would of been drafted already ;)

[quote]Ur son's fastball is where I want mine, Im 16, left-handed, and throw 80. I got a change-up that has a screwball movement to it, and Im workin on this nu curve.[/quote]

Just keep working on hitting your spots, as a lefty your change-up is your out-pitch.

[quote]Im 6-3, so I hope I fill out and pick up some velocity.[/quote]

You may not get bigger, but you can always get stronger. Work on strengthening your legs.

My oldest is 5-11 at 185lbs. My youngest is 15 and hits 85 (right-handed), he is 5-10 and approx 130lbs;
he has a decent curve, but a very nice complementary change-up. He has been seen by NC State, East Carolina U, Arizonia Diamondbacks and also the Pissburgh Pirates scouts.

Archived