Did Chad do his "Chad's Corner" thing on Ch. 19?

Just wondering if anyone saw him on Channel 19 last night. He was declining comment after the game and I was wondering how his state of mind was. He seems out of sync with Palmer right now. I absolutely love the guy, but I'd be lying if I wasn't worrying about his state of mind in a loss where he probably didn't get the ball enough...in his mind at least.

If he was on Channel 19...cliff notes??

TIA

Guest mongoloido
[url="http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=1517512&nav=menu63_4"]http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=15...mp;nav=menu63_4[/url]

if he did, they haven't posted a video

Guest Agent Orange
[quote name='BurnsBengal' post='365283' date='Oct 16 2006, 11:32 AM']I absolutely love the guy, but I'd be lying if I wasn't worrying about his state of mind in a loss where he probably didn't get the ball enough...in his mind at least.[/quote]

Chad got 99 recieving yards. I don't think Chad is upset about not getting the ball enough. I think it's [b]the loss[/b] that has Chad's state of mind perturbed.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='BurnsBengal' post='365283' date='Oct 16 2006, 11:32 AM']Just wondering if anyone saw him on Channel 19 last night. He was declining comment after the game and I was wondering how his state of mind was. He seems out of sync with Palmer right now. I absolutely love the guy, but I'd be lying if I wasn't worrying about his state of mind in a loss where he probably didn't get the ball enough...in his mind at least.

If he was on Channel 19...cliff notes??

TIA[/quote]
he had 6 catches for 99 yards. good enough. it wasnt his fault we lost.

[quote name='Agent Orange' post='365302' date='Oct 16 2006, 11:52 AM']Chad got 99 recieving yards. I don't think Chad is upset about not getting the ball enough. I think it's [b]the loss[/b] that has Chad's state of mind perturbed.[/quote]

Yeah, I know, but I sometimes worry Chad runs a fine line between team and individual stats. I absolutely love the guy and don't even put him in the same category as the usual douchebag divas in the NFL. With as much yapping he does and probably the crap he gets back during the game you know its gotta be burning him when he's not tearing it up (his stats are down this year...not his fault) [b]AND[/b] taking a loss. No interviews after the show and skipping his segment (if he did), just wondering....

Guest Agent Orange
[quote name='BurnsBengal' post='365311' date='Oct 16 2006, 11:58 AM']Yeah, I know, but I sometimes worry Chad runs a fine line between team and individual stats. I absolutely love the guy and don't even put him in the same category as the usual douchebag divas in the NFL. With as much yapping he does and probably the crap he gets back during the game you know its gotta be burning him when he's not tearing it up (his stats are down this year...not his fault) [b]AND[/b] taking a loss. No interviews after the show and skipping his segment (if he did), just wondering....[/quote]
Chad is maturing. Just because he's not talking to the media after a loss doesn't mean he's not handling losses in a more positive manner. Chad will stay focused and he will be pumped up to play on the same field as another one of the NFL's best WR's in Steve Smith next week.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='365284' date='Oct 16 2006, 11:34 AM'][url="http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=1517512&nav=menu63_4"]http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=15...mp;nav=menu63_4[/url]

if he did, they haven't posted a video[/quote]
Video is up now on the link above.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' post='365361' date='Oct 16 2006, 12:36 PM']Video is up now on the link above.[/quote]

After watching the video, I would say TJ (from his comments in the paper) and Chad are calling for a more aggressive vertical passing game. I agree. The offense is not attacking - but as Chad says no excuses. Is it the oline, is it Carson, is it the play calling, is it missing Henry, is it missing Cperry. Whatever the reason, I have faith it will be fixed.

[quote name='bengalnutz' post='365373' date='Oct 16 2006, 12:56 PM']Can someone post what was said, I have dial up internet and it will take me a week to see it.[/quote]
Chad was just really pissed off cause the offense did so bad. He was unsure why they waited till the 4th to go deep to him cause it was open all day. Things can be fixed and they need to quit making excuses. He was just really pissed off and he was trying not to say anything that would get him in trouble.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' post='365381' date='Oct 16 2006, 01:03 PM']Chad was just really pissed off cause the offense did so bad. He was unsure why they waited till the 4th to go deep to him cause it was open all day. Things can be fixed and they need to quit making excuses. He was just really pissed off and he was trying not to say anything that would get him in trouble.[/quote]

Excellent, thanks....

Guest oldschooler
I was posting what he said word for word, but my Explorer crashed. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/40.gif[/img]

The reporter says "On a day when Chad Johnson became the youngest Bengals reciever
ever to get to 400 career catches, the Bengals lose 14-13 here in Tampa."

The reporter then says "I know you`re frustrated, with only 1 trip to the End Zone.
Where are you in terms with continuity right now as an Offense ? You`ve had some
changes up front... all around."

Chad says "I mean we have some changes up front, but that`s part of the game.
It shouldn`t be an excuse for why were not completing passes. It shouldn`t be
an excuse for why people can`t make plays. And we should do the things...it`s just ridiculous.
Man I don`t even feel like talking about it... cause every week, it`s just an excuse.
And if we keep losing, it`s just going to be something new every week.
So whatever it is, we need to get it together.And get it right."

Then the reporter says "In the 2nd half, you had the 51 yard catch. And some people
say, that`s been there for awhile.

Chad says "That`s the whole thing. The 2nd half. 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter,
the same thing has always been there. It`s week 6 man, we got as a team, as a unit man,
to continue to think outside the box. I`m trying not to say the wrong things. So I don`t
give off the wrong perception, but we`re losing.

The reporter says something about how he seems surprised by the ball sometimes,
when he`s coming out of breaks. He says he`s not trying to throw the blame on
Carson or whatever.

Chad says "I don`t know what to say... I don`t know what to say.
We`ll get it together. That`s it. All I can say is Wednesday, we`ll get back to work,
and we`ll get it together. "

The reporter says something about watching the Bengals Defense holding Tampa
to 1 TD for about 59 minutes, and then seeing the roughing call. He says Justin
says he thought that was the play of the game.

Chad says "Yeah. Basically I thought that was it. I mean, they felt otherwise.
It is what it is, you know, another loss. I mean we come out of the Bye Week,
we`re supposed to be coming out on all cyclinders, smoking as an Offense.
Too much time to rest, too much time to prepare, for this team, to put up
13 points. Man that`s ridiculous.

The reporter says "As you look ahead, 2 tough home games, 3-2 as opposed
to 4-1.

Chad says "It don`t get no easier. Carolina, Atlanta, I`m talking about Defensive wise,
it don`t get no easier."

The reporter then says "I know you feel that the things you`re struggling with now
are fixable."

Chad says "Yeah, most definitely. Everything is fixable. Everything, but we can`t make
excuses. Regardless of who`s in or who`s out. You know, it`s part of the game.
People get injured. People have to step in, and make plays. And those who make
plays need opportunities."

That`s all of it ...[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img]

You could see the disgust and frustration from the loss of the game on his face.
He never once mentioned anything about getting his 400th catch or any of his stats.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='365427' date='Oct 16 2006, 02:16 PM']I was posting what he said word for word, but my Explorer crashed. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/40.gif[/img]
The reporter says "On a day when Chad Johnson became the youngest Bengals reciever
ever to get to 400 career catches, the Bengals lose 14-13 here in Tampa."

The reporter then says "I know you`re frustrated, with only 1 trip to the End Zone.
Where are you in terms with continuity right now as an Offense ? You`ve had some
changes up front... all around."
Chad says "I mean we have some changes up front, but that`s part of the game.
It shouldn`t be an excuse for why were not completing passes. It shouldn`t be
an excuse for why people can`t make plays. And we should do the things...it`s just ridiculous.
Man I don`t even feel like talking about it... cause every week, it`s just an excuse.
And if we keep losing, it`s just going to be something new every week.
So whatever it is, we need to get it together.And get it right."

Then the reporter says "In the 2nd half, you had the 51 yard catch. And some people
say, that`s been there for awhile.

Chad says "That`s the whole thing. The 2nd half. 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter,
the same thing has always been there. It`s week 6 man, we got as a team, as a unit man,
to continue to think outside the box. I`m trying not to say the wrong things. So I don`t
give off the wrong perception, but we`re losing.

The reporter says something about how he seems surprised by the ball sometimes,
when he`s coming out of breaks. He says he`s not trying to throw the blame on
Carson or whatever.

Chad says "I don`t know what to say... I don`t know what to say.
We`ll get it together. That`s it. All I can say is Wednesday, we`ll get back to work,
and we`ll get it together. "
The reporter says something about watching the Bengals Defense holding Tampa
to 1 TD for about 59 minutes, and then seeing the roughing call. He says Justin
says he thought that was the play of the game.
Chad says "Yeah. Basically I thought that was it. I mean, they felt otherwise.
It is what it is, you know, another loss. I mean we come out of the Bye Week,
we`re supposed to be coming out on all cyclinders, smoking as an Offense.
Too much time to rest, too much time to prepare, for this team, to put up
13 points. Man that`s ridiculous.
The reporter says "As you look ahead, 2 tough home games, 3-2 as opposed
to 4-1.

Chad says "It don`t get no easier. Carolina, Atlanta, I`m talking about Defensive wise,
it don`t get no easier."

The reporter then says "I know you feel that the things you`re struggling with now
are fixable."

Chad says "Yeah, most definitely. Everything is fixable. Everything, but we can`t make
excuses. Regardless of who`s in or who`s out. You know, it`s part of the game.
People get injured. People have to step in, and make plays. And those who make
plays need opportunities."
That`s all of it ...[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img]

You could see the disgust and frustration from the loss of the game on his face.
He never once mentioned anything about getting his 400th catch or any of his stats.[/quote]

I love me some 85... thanks!

Archived