Anyone Get excited about Weather

Guest BengalLady

Guest BengalLady

Check it out. It always nice to talk to others who are as excited about snow as I am. :D

[url="http://skyeyeweather.com/Weather_Forum/index.php?act=idx"]http://skyeyeweather.com/Weather_Forum/index.php?act=idx[/url]

Guest bengalrick

after cleaning my basement w/ a shop vac for 2 straight weeks, b/c of that @#$@ weather and the @$%#@ flooding, i have started to have a true hatred for snow... mostly water in general... for some reason, it only happens in the winter though...

i need summer B)

Guest BengalLady
I am sorry to hear that Rick. I understand why you would hate winter at this point. I am waiting on a new roof to be put in and it is not any time soon due to the weather. I hold my breathe everytime we get a heavy snow that it won't give out and cave in. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

I still love snow though......sorry.

Guest steggyD

[quote name='BengalLady' date='Jan 21 2005, 05:53 PM']Check it out.  It always nice to talk to others who are as excited  about snow as I am. :D
[url="http://skyeyeweather.com/Weather_Forum/index.php?act=idx"]http://skyeyeweather.com/Weather_Forum/index.php?act=idx[/url]
[right][post="37738"][/post][/right][/quote]

LOL, you must not have to shovel the sidewalks? Or live with it for 5 months out of the year, as us Northeasterners do. Snow is the true antichrist.

And the basement mess, yeah, I know what you mean. Especially in the spring thaw, my basement becomes a lake. Excited about snow, yeah, excited in a not so good way.

Guest BengalLady

[quote name='steggyD' date='Jan 21 2005, 08:17 PM']LOL, you must not have to shovel the sidewalks? Or live with it for 5 months out of the year, as us Northeasterners do. Snow is the true antichrist.

And the basement mess, yeah, I know what you mean. Especially in the spring thaw, my basement becomes a lake. Excited about snow, yeah, excited in a not so good way.
[right][post="37815"][/post][/right][/quote]

I shovel and love every minute of it! :)

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jan 21 2005, 07:28 PM']after cleaning my basement w/ a shop vac for 2 straight weeks, b/c of that @#$@ weather and the @$%#@ flooding, i have started to have a true hatred for snow... mostly water in general... for some reason, it only happens in the winter though... 

i need summer B)
[right][post="37798"][/post][/right][/quote]

I feel your pain... my house flooded 3 days after i fucking moved in.

Guest BengalLady

[quote name='BengalBeotch' date='Jan 21 2005, 09:16 PM']umm....I'm excited.

*she puts on a bullit proof vest*

I want to see a record snow fall. :ninja:
[right][post="37828"][/post][/right][/quote]

Ya, me too. hehe

Guest BengalLady

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Jan 21 2005, 09:16 PM']FUCK SHANNON SHARPE

FUCK MICHAEL IRVIN

FUCK COREY DILLON

AND FUCK SNOW
[right][post="37829"][/post][/right][/quote]

All this Fuckin going on, you'd think I would have come away from your post a happy lady. :lol:

[img]http://www.greatstays.com/Graphics/Florida/sefl1050_1.jpg[/img]
Fuck snow. This is where I plan on being once the folks are gone. Siesta Key.
I like running around in light clothing,sand between my toes,and water to enjoy.

[img]http://people.bu.edu/tshumake/snow%20storm%202.jpg[/img]
You can keep this shit. <_<

I like warm weather, sand and beaches too...
I wouldn't want to live in Michigan or Wisconsin...
I don't like snow THAT much but since it's a rarity
around here...I think it's cool when we get
a boat load of it....Spring will roll around and
I'll be tired of it....(just in time) :D

[quote name='BengalBeotch' date='Jan 21 2005, 09:36 PM']I like warm weather, sand and beaches too...
I wouldn't want to live in Michigan or Wisconsin...
I don't like snow THAT much but since it's a rarity
around here...I think it's cool when we get
a boat load of it....Spring will roll around and
I'll be tired of it....(just in time) :D
[right][post="37846"][/post][/right][/quote]
If I didn't have to deal with the commute to work,the dumbass people who don't how to drive their SUV they spent so much money on it would not be so bad. But I
still want to live in sunny FL and enjoy sand,sun water,boating. I have my boat and only get out limited times do to either the river rising from crap up east,rain here. At least down there I can enjoy my second passion. ;)

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Ben' date='Jan 21 2005, 08:19 PM']I feel your pain... my house flooded 3 days after i fucking moved in.
[right][post="37818"][/post][/right][/quote]

:huh:

The one you just had built? That's horrible man.

I remember when I was younger (like 11 years old) and we moved into our brand new house, the basement was constantly flooding, my dad ended up adding a second sump pump and my parents haven't had any problems since.

Guest steggyD
The problem I have is my basement is old, and the concrete does not slope in one direction anymore. So the low spots collect water and the sump pump only gets the water when there is enough water to push it that way. I guess my solution is to re-concrete the basement. No money or time for that right now, so on with the flooding.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='steggyD' date='Jan 21 2005, 11:46 PM']The problem I have is my basement is old, and the concrete does not slope in one direction anymore. So the low spots collect water and the sump pump only gets the water when there is enough water to push it that way. I guess my solution is to re-concrete the basement. No money or time for that right now, so on with the flooding.
[right][post="37889"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Put another sump pump on the other side?

Guest steggyD
Well, there are maybe 3 main spots of collection of water, so it would take two more sump pumps to make it worth while. It's not exactly a small house.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='steggyD' date='Jan 21 2005, 11:46 PM']The problem I have is my basement is old, and the concrete does not slope in one direction anymore. So the low spots collect water and the sump pump only gets the water when there is enough water to push it that way. I guess my solution is to re-concrete the basement. No money or time for that right now, so on with the flooding.
[right][post="37889"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i have the exact same problem... its like the carpet only gets wet, except a couple of key spots... but when you clean it, smoke a cigerette and are proud of your hard work... then you walk on it, and get huge footprints again... it only took about 5 minutes, and it was like it was never done... i gave up, and only did it a couple of times a day, until it stopped... that was an abnormal snow we all had though...

Guest steggyD
Upstate New York here, the snow is very light, a fine powdery snow. I had to shovel the parking space for my wife to pull in, and it was the best shoveling snow ever. That makes it just a tad better, but I still hate the stuff, especially since it probably won't stop for another 8 hours or so.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' date='Jan 24 2005, 05:28 PM']Aw, come on, Backer!  At least "The Informer" was better than Vanilla Ice...

[img]http://www.geocities.com/snow2000_to/bwsnow.jpg[/img]
[right][post="38769"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Only better if measured with those scientific instruments that measure things in the smallest possible increments...
"A Jiggy Boom-Boom Down"

Guest BengalBacker
Thankfully I have no idea what either of you are talking about.

The Informer?

"A Jiggy Boom-Boom Down"?

Being old and out of touch sometimes has its perks.

Archived