We Still Only Have 4 losses

This team is certainly very frustrating at the moment. Everyone knows they could and should be playing better. There is still a lot of talent and emotions are high. I know the schedule ahead is rough- but oh well. I still believe this team can beat any team any week. Marvin needs to step back into his motivation shoes and really give these guys something to believe in. If we can somehow grow a heart, we will make the playoffs and go far.

Today's been a rollercoaster of emotions- I really wanted this game. But I won't accept this loss as the end of the season. Believe.

I agree but we are now officially behind the 8 ball and have root for (god help me) the steelers to beat the ratbirds at least once and we have to go out and do our jobs.

Not over, but its not looking good.

And half of me is ok with that as we still need a good DE, and maybee another linebacker, and good DEs arent found in the late part of the 1st round.

Guest ravonaf
I don't count the loses. I count the reasons we lost. Those reasons will lead to more loses. Statistically the season is far from over. The way this team has played most of this season is not likely to change. Maybe near the end of the season when we get our line healthy again we can look forward to the old dead cat bounce once again.

[quote name='ravonaf' post='380094' date='Nov 5 2006, 08:36 PM']I don't count the loses. I count the reasons we lost. Those reasons will lead to more loses. Statistically the season is far from over. The way this team has played most of this season is not likely to change. Maybe near the end of the season when we get our line healthy again we can look forward to the old dead cat bounce once again.[/quote]

If this team had been playing up to it's full potential then I would be ready to give up the season. The main thing missing right now is confidence and heart. The online certainly isn't helping but it's getting better, or at least seems to be. The defense, well they weren't great to begin with and lost their whole linebacking crew. I'm counting on the offense to be what it can and should be. Having said that, every game from this point out needs to be looked at as a must win.

[quote name='ravonaf' post='380094' date='Nov 5 2006, 08:36 PM']I don't count the loses. I count the reasons we lost. Those reasons will lead to more loses. Statistically the season is far from over. The way this team has played most of this season is not likely to change. Maybe near the end of the season when we get our line healthy again we can look forward to the old dead cat bounce once again.[/quote]

Agreed !!! When the same issues are reoccuring------it becomes a trend. Until the trend stops, there is reason for concern. Far from over but what can they do to change??????

There are many, many reasons why they are where they are. Schedule, injuries, inconsistenency, etc... We can debate them over and over but it boils down to this --------

Convert on 3rd downs on offense (1 out of 10 today).
Stop opponent on 3rd down.

Don't forget:

The stealers were left for dead last season, and came back to get on a role (them cheap-shotting our QB notwithstanding).

We only have 4 losses. We get Braham, and Levi back, Simmons heals, Brooks grows into the role, Perry trades in his pair of canned hams for a set of hands that can catch something other than a cold, and we could easily turn things around.

I truly believe that Braham's injury has had more effect on Carson than Carson's knee.

They can still turn it around.

I hope...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='380146' date='Nov 5 2006, 09:37 PM']Don't forget:

The stealers were left for dead last season, and came back to get on a role (them cheap-shotting our QB notwithstanding).

We only have 4 losses. We get Braham, and Levi back, Simmons heals, Brooks grows into the role, Perry trades in his pair of canned hams for a set of hands that can catch something other than a cold, and we could easily turn things around.

I truly believe that Braham's injury has had more effect on Carson than Carson's knee.

They can still turn it around.

I hope...[/quote]

No doubt Brahams loss is having a HUGH impact on the offense--------If I had a choice I'd much rather see Whitworth, Steinbach, Braham, Williams, Anderson than Jones, Steinbach, Guycheck, Williams, Anderson. This is more of a reflection of Guycheck than Levi or Whitworth.

However-------- Braham being out is not causing all of these over/under thrown balls to receivers running open. Braham being out is not causing Cp to miss his hot reads. Braham being out is not causing CP to run into pressure instead of away from it.

[quote name='cwing' post='380164' date='Nov 5 2006, 09:50 PM']No doubt Brahams loss is having a HUGH impact on the offense--------If I had a choice I'd much rather see Whitworth, Steinbach, Braham, Williams, Anderson than Jones, Steinbach, Guycheck, Williams, Anderson. This is more of a reflection of Guycheck than Levi or Whitworth.

However-------- Braham being out is not causing all of these over/under thrown balls to receivers running open. Braham being out is not causing Cp to miss his hot reads. Braham being out is not causing CP to run into pressure instead of away from it.[/quote]

Are you sure? Braham being out is causing Carson to pick himself up off the ground after every other pass. After a while, especially if a person is coming back from a serious injury, all the hitting is going to make him see ghosts even when they aren't there. Carson hasn't had any chance to get comfortable and really build confidence. I think Carson is constantly expecting the hit and gets rid of the ball way too soon. Apparently his footwork is lacking as well... which I believe to be a direct result of the injury and constant pressure.

Carson has a lot to fix, but I'd like to think he would be doing much better without all the sacks/pressures.

[quote name='Bgal' post='380268' date='Nov 5 2006, 11:07 PM']Are you sure? Braham being out is causing Carson to pick himself up off the ground after every other pass. After a while, especially if a person is coming back from a serious injury, all the hitting is going to make him see ghosts even when they aren't there. Carson hasn't had any chance to get comfortable and really build confidence. I think Carson is constantly expecting the hit and gets rid of the ball way too soon. Apparently his footwork is lacking as well... which I believe to be a direct result of the injury and constant pressure.

Carson has a lot to fix, but I'd like to think he would be doing much better without all the sacks/pressures.[/quote]

Yes, yes, and yes.

Archived