Rumor

Palmer4HOF

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='387327' date='Nov 15 2006, 04:16 PM']Haven't you guys heard of redszone.com?

If it's not on that site, it's not credible.

This trade will not happen.[/quote]
Oh I'm sure this trade will not happen... I would have never imagined that this would have recieved this many responses either.

Krivsky is WAY too smart to throw away what could evolve into a true number 1 for what we are getting in return.

Now if they threw in Lance Milledge (sp?) instead of Shawn Green, I would be VERY tempted to pull the trigger.

A-Men, you agree?

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='387329' date='Nov 15 2006, 04:18 PM']I swear to god if you don't start spelling BAILEY right I might have to fucking suspend you for three days... you are on his dick and you have spelled his name wrong 800 times.[/quote]

damn, SORRY! I missed one little letter. Its not like I'm killing somebody or somtin like that. Homer BailEy. Are you happy now. BailEy.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='387332' date='Nov 15 2006, 04:20 PM']Oh I'm sure this trade will not happen... I would have never imagined that this would have recieved this many responses either.

Krivsky is WAY too smart to throw away what could evolve into a true number 1 for what we are getting in return.
Now if they threw in Lance Milledge (sp?) instead of Shawn Green, I would be VERY tempted to pull the trigger.

A-Men, you agree?[/quote]
good bye mr bailey :wave: if they threw in mr milledge

its not lance, its Lastings Milledge and he is going to be studly. Perez and Milledge for Bailey, Dunn, Milton, i will get a license and fly their plane myself. Bailey would be the best player in the deal potential wise and possibly the best when they all retire, BUT milledge and perez are two young quality players and with Harang and Arroyo, we would have a good enough rotation. Milledge does have some character issues tho. He will K probably 140-150 times a year right now too, but his potential is insane as well. The Mets might actually deal Milledge because he didnt really hit it off well with his teammates and coaches, but he is so talented. I do not see the Mets doing that though, too bad :(.

Oh well.

Guest schotzee
If Bailey's that good ,he should have been brought up by now.Hard throwing lefty,what are they saving him for?Anyway,I would take that trade.Would free up some cash and bring in one hell of a closer.

[quote name='schotzee' post='387609' date='Nov 16 2006, 10:16 AM']If Bailey's that good ,he should have been brought up by now.Hard throwing lefty,what are they saving him for?[/quote]

Bailey's a right-hander. :)

And he's really young. Krivsky wants to avoid bringing him up too fast. But he should get the chance to compete for a job in spring training and will at the very least start the year in AAA.

Guest schotzee

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='387627' date='Nov 16 2006, 10:52 AM']Bailey's a right-hander. :)

And he's really young. Krivsky wants to avoid bringing him up too fast. But he should get the chance to compete for a job in spring training and will at the very least start the year in AAA.[/quote]

My bad.I don't know what made me think he was a lefty.More reason for me to say trade him in that deal.What happened to Chris Gruler?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Lawman' post='387564' date='Nov 16 2006, 08:04 AM']I doubt the deal will be done, but since Milledge name has been brought up, I would do a Milton and Dunn for
Milledge and Perez, taking Bailey and Wagner off the table.[/quote]
they would laugh their ass off on this one. Bailey is the reason they would do the deal. No way they would move Milledge and Perez and only get Dunn. We couldnt get Milledge for Dunn. Heck, we probalby couldny get Perez for Dunn, if we could id do either tho.

[quote name='schotzee' post='387609' date='Nov 16 2006, 10:16 AM']If Bailey's that good ,he should have been brought up by now.Hard throwing lefty,what are they saving him for?Anyway,I would take that trade.Would free up some cash and bring in one hell of a closer.[/quote]
it wouldnt free up cash. Wagner makes a lot and so does Shawn Green. Perez is due for a nice pay raise very soon too.

[quote name='schotzee' post='387635' date='Nov 16 2006, 11:06 AM']My bad.I don't know what made me think he was a lefty.More reason for me to say trade him in that deal.What happened to Chris Gruler?[/quote]
gruler didnt have a chance when we drafted him. he sucked then.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='387627' date='Nov 16 2006, 10:52 AM']Bailey's a right-hander. :)

And he's really young. Krivsky wants to avoid bringing him up too fast. But he should get the chance to compete for a job in spring training and will at the very least start the year in AAA.[/quote]

He's 20. If he is as good as they say he is then I think they will bring him up to play with the reds. they should have done it this year.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='387711' date='Nov 16 2006, 01:48 PM']they would laugh their ass off on this one. Bailey is the reason they would do the deal. No way they would move Milledge and Perez and only get Dunn. We couldnt get Milledge for Dunn. Heck, we probalby couldny get Perez for Dunn, if we could id do either tho.
it wouldnt free up cash. Wagner makes a lot and so does Shawn Green. Perez is due for a nice pay raise very soon too.
gruler didnt have a chance when we drafted him. he sucked then.[/quote]
Dunn could be a great player. He's got the power. He needs to make more contact and strike out less. If he does that then he will hit even more home runs. No guarentee that he is gona get better though.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='j.5000022' post='387727' date='Nov 16 2006, 02:18 PM']Dunn could be a great player. He's got the power. He needs to make more contact and strike out less. If he does that then he will hit even more home runs. No guarentee that he is gona get better though.[/quote]
i would kill to get rid of dunn, but im not giving up bailey to do it unless we are getting some serious shit back.

Id trade Dunn for about anything tho. The money to use in FA would begood enough in the first place imo. 9-10 million can get us a better player than Dunn in FA. Plus we will get something of some quality for him.

[quote]A-Men-HouseofPain,
they would laugh their ass off on this one. Bailey is the reason they would do the deal. No way they would move Milledge and Perez and only get [b]Dunn[/b].[/quote]

[quote]Lawman,
I would do a [b]Milton and Dunn[/b] for
Milledge and Perez[/quote]

The Mets have a "Got to Win Yesterday" mentality. In Milton they get a proven vet; they may not be willing
to wait on Perez whom has sparkled only on occassions.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Lawman' post='388003' date='Nov 17 2006, 02:19 AM']The Mets have a "Got to Win Yesterday" mentality. In Milton they get a proven vet; they may not be willing
to wait on Perez whom has sparkled only on occassions.[/quote]
lol, milton would be in hte deal as a salary dump. they would probably rather have dunn than dunn and milton. i left milton out intentionally.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='388173' date='Nov 17 2006, 01:31 PM']lol, milton would be in hte deal as a salary dump. they would probably rather have dunn than dunn and milton. i left milton out intentionally.[/quote]

Then it's a Dunn for Milledge.

Seperately a Milton for Perez; the Mets get a proven vet, we get strong arm with potential.

But, I'll take Tejada instead for Dunn.

[quote name='Lawman' post='388280' date='Nov 17 2006, 04:57 PM']Then it's a Dunn for Milledge.

Seperately a Milton for Perez; the Mets get a proven vet, we get strong arm with potential.

But, I'll take Tejada instead for Dunn.[/quote]

Every one Dunn is a valuable player. Yeah, he sucks right now. With his power, he can hit allot of home runs. If he could improve and make more contact, we would have a Albert Puljos.

[quote name='j.5000022' post='388306' date='Nov 17 2006, 05:48 PM']Every one Dunn is a valuable player. Yeah, he sucks right now. With his power, he can hit allot of <a href="http://forum.go-bengals.com/?s=home">home</a> runs. If he could improve and make more contact, we would have a Albert Puljos.[/quote]

No, his swing can no-way be compared to Albert Pujols (lateral rotation too slow, hips-to-hands). Dunn's closely similarity is that he does have discipline, but at times, to a fault.

[quote name='Lawman' post='388310' date='Nov 17 2006, 05:52 PM']No, his swing can no-way be compared to Albert Pujols (lateral rotation too slow, hips-to-hands). Dunn's closely similarity is that he does have discipline, but at times, to a fault.[/quote]

I mean't his power. He doesn't have as good plate coverage as Albert but I think he has more power than him. Albert just makes better contact with the ball. If you don't hit the ball right, it doesn't matter how hard you hit it. It is not gona be a homerun. That is why dunn needs to make better contact.

[quote name='j.5000022' post='388323' date='Nov 17 2006, 06:30 PM']I mean't his power. He doesn't have as good plate coverage as Albert but I think he has more power than him. Albert just makes better contact with the ball. If you don't hit the ball right, it doesn't matter how hard you hit it. It is not gona be a homerun. That is why dunn needs to make better contact.[/quote]

power comes from good mechanics (which have alluded to) and bat-speed, like Barry Bonds

a youthful Griffey was able to generate enough bat-speed even with his loopy swing; notice how sometimes Griffey looks as if he has crushed a ball but now fall shorts, he has lost some-bat speed.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Lawman' post='388280' date='Nov 17 2006, 04:57 PM']Then it's a Dunn for Milledge.

But, I'll take Tejada instead for Dunn.[/quote]
no you are missing the point. It IS DUNN FOR MILLEDGE AND PEREZ, the mets would never do that. Milton is definitely not viewed as help for them. Idk why

[quote name='j.5000022' post='388306' date='Nov 17 2006, 05:48 PM']Every one Dunn is a valuable player. Yeah, he sucks right now. With his power, he can hit allot of home runs. If he could improve and make more contact, we would have a Albert Puljos.[/quote]
you need to stop posting about shit u dont have a damn clue about. he couldnt be a hair on albert pujols' scrotum. Dunn sucks and all he does is hit HRs. HRs dont win games. 1) Timely hitting (clutch is a part of that), 2) Defense, and 3) pitching wins games. Dunn does 0 of these 3 things and will NEVER be the centerpiece of a winning franchise.

TRADE DUNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Lawman' post='388337' date='Nov 17 2006, 07:15 PM']power comes from good mechanics (which have alluded to) and bat-speed, like Barry Bonds

a youthful Griffey was able to generate enough bat-speed even with his loopy swing; notice how sometimes Griffey looks as if he has crushed a ball but now fall shorts, he has lost some-bat speed.[/quote]
some? heh, about 20mph from his good days. he needs to swing more level and he would be significantly better. He is a doubles and singles hitter now who is still trying to hit like a HR hitter and his bat speed doesnt allow it.

[quote name='Lawman' post='388310' date='Nov 17 2006, 05:52 PM']No, his swing can no-way be compared to Albert Pujols (lateral rotation too slow, hips-to-hands). Dunn's closely similarity is that he does have discipline, but at times, to a fault.[/quote]

I think you're my new favorite baseball poster. Congrats.

:wub:

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='388392' date='Nov 17 2006, 10:04 PM']I think you're my new favorite <a href="http://forum.go-bengals.com/archive/baseball">baseball</a> poster. Congrats.

:wub:[/quote]

Thanks (blush),

I love my football (QB as a player/OC of youth teams), but baseball is my passion. I have two sons that are accompished players (AAU National Champion and National Champion Runner-up (the better team did not win) respectively.

My oldest has played on the same teams with David Wright and Justin Upton while playing against the likes of
BJ Upton and Ryan Zimmerman (many years). he was originally slated to close for Justin Verlander in college, but things did not work out (sad).

He is currently being birdogged by a Pirates scout; if he shows the same sucees in the spring as he has in the fall (3-0; with 2 hits allowed in 9 innings-1 game started pitching 5 innings of 1 hit ball) there should be more interest; fingers crossed. The debate now is for him to be the #1 starter or remain the Closer; he will probably be used as both.

"HRs dont win games. 1) Timely hitting (clutch is a part of that), 2) Defense, and 3) pitching wins games. Dunn does 0 of these 3 things and will NEVER be the centerpiece of a winning franchise."

I agree with your assertion, however I would to see it put n proper perspective:

1) Pitching 2) Defense - these two go hand-in-hand unless you throw in the dominating power pitcher where this is the exception rather than the rule. 3)Timely hitting (clutch is a part of that),.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Lawman' post='388476' date='Nov 18 2006, 07:54 AM']"HRs dont win games. 1) Timely hitting (clutch is a part of that), 2) Defense, and 3) pitching wins games. Dunn does 0 of these 3 things and will NEVER be the centerpiece of a winning franchise."

I agree with your assertion, however I would to see it put n proper perspective:

1) Pitching 2) Defense - these two go hand-in-hand unless you throw in the dominating power pitcher where this is the exception rather than the rule. 3)Timely hitting (clutch is a part of that),.[/quote]
i didnt put them in perspective because i didnt really care, but ya i agree with that order.

Archived