Interesting Concept for next UC Football coach

Jason

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='395185' date='Nov 27 2006, 06:34 PM']I heard the Colerain HS football may be contacted...any thoughts? I like Wyche being back here...that could fill the stands...Nancy better open the vault to get anybody here though <_<[/quote]

I actually know Kerry Coombs (not well, but I think he'd recognize my dad on sight). He seems pretty happy where he is, but I imagine he'd accept the job since he wouldn't have to move or anything.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='396112' date='Nov 29 2006, 11:26 AM']He would fill the seats based on his name and reputation I imagine, but I don't know how he is w/ recruiting and managing 18 - 22 year olds.[/quote]

He was the head coach at IU before joining the Bengals, and I believe he is a HS coach now.

[quote name='Jumpy' post='398515' date='Dec 1 2006, 12:02 AM']If UC is gonna continue its upward climb, we need a big time college coach who recent lost his big program job. Mike Shula, Larry Coker anyone?[/quote]

Larry Coker? He single handedly dismantled one of the best college football programs in the contry. 5 years ago he was given a NC caliber team, and took it to out of control and .500. No thanks.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='397126' date='Nov 30 2006, 04:23 PM']Seeing Sam say something like, "You Don't go to Akron, You Go To Cincinnati" when some fans misbehave would be excellent.[/quote]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jumpy' post='398515' date='Dec 1 2006, 12:02 AM']If UC is gonna continue its upward climb, we need a big time college coach who recent lost his big program job. Mike Shula, Larry Coker anyone?[/quote]
that would be horrid to get either.

Guest mongoloido
I'm gonna take back some of what I've said in a different thread. To Hell with Narduzzi, and all the little bitches from Dantonio's staff. Dantonio abandon's the players he recruited, then puts a time limit on the University for Narduzzi, then gets 7 assistants to resign and go to MSU... What a cockbag! The whole lot of them have fucked the players who have killed themselves for that staff all season long.

I never, ever, ever talk about class on this forum, but what a classes bunch of assholes!

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='mongoloido' post='399466' date='Dec 2 2006, 12:52 PM']I'm gonna take back some of what I've said in a different thread. To Hell with Narduzzi, and all the little bitches from Dantonio's staff. Dantonio abandon's the players he recruited, then puts a time limit on the University for Narduzzi, then gets 7 assistants to resign and go to MSU... What a cockbag! The whole lot of them have fucked the players who have killed themselves for that staff all season long.

I never, ever, ever talk about class on this forum, but what a classes bunch of assholes![/quote]
um the assistant coaches didnt resign. they no longer have jobs because the new head coach will bring his old staff....

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='mongoloido' post='399466' date='Dec 2 2006, 12:52 PM']I'm gonna take back some of what I've said in a different thread. To Hell with Narduzzi, and all the little bitches from Dantonio's staff. Dantonio abandon's the players he recruited, then puts a time limit on the University for Narduzzi, then gets 7 assistants to resign and go to MSU... What a cockbag! The whole lot of them have fucked the players who have killed themselves for that staff all season long.

I never, ever, ever talk about class on this forum, but what a classes bunch of assholes![/quote]

open your eyes. You think this is the first time a coach has ever left a school for another job?

And A-men mentioned, the other coaches have to do whats best for them. Either go to MSU or stay and risk not having a job when the new coach comes in.

Not to mention, going from UC to MSU is a promotion, like it or not (even if you keep the same job title). People get promoted in every line of work. This is no different.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='399526' date='Dec 2 2006, 03:34 PM']um the assistant coaches didnt resign. they no longer have jobs because the new head coach will bring his old staff....[/quote]

Seven assistant coaches resigned BEFORE THE BOWL GAME. They've left the school, and will only return to Cincinnati for the week of the game. That's total crap!

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='399542' date='Dec 2 2006, 03:52 PM']open your eyes. You think this is the first time a coach has ever left a school for another job?[/quote]

How about him poaching coaches before the bowl game?

[quote]And A-men mentioned, the other coaches have to do whats best for them. Either go to MSU or stay and risk not having a job when the new coach comes in.

Not to mention, going from UC to MSU is a promotion, like it or not (even if you keep the same job title). People get promoted in every line of work. This is no different.[/quote]

It's crap to abandon the team before the bowl game, to pull coaches away from a bowl team, and for those coaches to run to Michigan before the bowl game. This is very different. You don't do that to your kids.

Archived