Notre Dame vs LSU Game Thread

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='emc334' post='421928' date='Jan 4 2007, 12:54 AM']Booty is a junior and said he is coming back next year. USC will be the preseason number one, no doubt.[/quote]
booty is bad.

LSU will be preseason # 1.

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='421901' date='Jan 4 2007, 04:41 AM']Am I the only one that thinks Brady Quinn's draft stock is falling? He's not having that great of a game tonight. Although, LSU has a great defense he hasnt done that great in the big games this year.[/quote]
Brady Quinn is so far beyond over rated it is not even funny. If he plays for another school, no one in their right mind thinks the guy is a first round pick, imo. The ND hype machine is the only reason they keep getting these damn BCS games. But it is fun to see them lose every year (especially last year) so I'm not complaining.

Here's a great way to piss off any Browns fans you might know in the weeks heading up to the draft.... Suggest that Cleveland will pick Quinn over Troy Smith in the draft. I did this to my buddy who was born in the wrong corner of the state during the home opener vs. Cleveland, and I had him so pissed that he drew the attention of 10 Browns fans seated near us @ PBS all collectively start screaming at me... NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Guest oldschooler
What a horribly boring game that was.

I hate Notre Dame, but I would rather have seen them win a close
game, than to watch either team win in a blow out.

Notre Dame was severly over rated. Rutgers should have been playing
in that game last night. And Notre Dame should have played Kansas
State in the Texas Bowl...

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='422011' date='Jan 4 2007, 10:00 AM']Notre Lame...

now 9 bowl losses in a row :lmao:

when will the BCS learn that they don't belong on the same field as an LSU, or Michigan, or Ohio State, or USC[/quote]

Michigan looked great in the rose bowl :crazy: how many bowls have they lost in a row? i belive its 4

[quote name='whodey24k' post='422032' date='Jan 4 2007, 11:06 AM']Michigan looked great in the rose bowl :crazy: how many bowls have they lost in a row? i belive its 4[/quote]

I don't care much for Michigan either, but I really can't stand how overhyped ND always is. They haven't really beaten anyone of any significance since "big Lumpy" Charlie Weis took over for Ty Willingham. Look at this year, they SHOULD have lost 4 or 5 games. They were extremely fortunate to beat Georgia Tech (their most impressive win all season), Michigan St. (what a collapse by MSU that was), and UCLA (they honestly looked like the Bengals base "prevent" defense on that last drive).

As for your response...yes Michigan has lost 4 bowls in a row. Hard to believe they aren't calling for Lloyd Carr's head now either. He has also lost I believe 3 of the last 4 to Ohio State.

[quote]Michigan Bowl History
January 1, 2007

Record: 18-20
Jan. 1, 2006 Rose Bowl-- Southern Cal 32, Michigan 18
Dec. 28 2005 Alamo Bowl-- Nebraska 32, Michigan 28
Jan. 1, 2005 Rose Bowl-- Texas 38, Michigan 37
Jan. 1, 2004 Rose Bowl-- Southern Cal 28, Michigan 14
Jan. 1, 2003 Outback Bowl-- Michigan 38, Florida 30[/quote]

[quote]Notre Dame Bowl History
January 4, 2007

Record: 13-15
Jan. 3, 2007, Sugar Bowl-- LSU 41, Notre Dame 14
Jan. 2, 2006 Fiesta Bowl-- Ohio St. 34, Notre Dame 20
Dec. 28, 2004 Insight Bowl-- Oregon St. 38, Notre Dame 21
Jan. 1, 2003 Gator Bowl-- N.C. State 28, Notre Dame 6
Jan. 1, 2001 Fiesta Bowl-- Oregon St. 41, Notre Dame 9
Jan. 1, 1999 Gator Bowl-- Georgia Tech 35, Notre Dame 28
Dec. 28, 1997 Independence Bowl-- LSU 27, Notre Dame 9
Jan. 1, 1996 Orange Bowl-- Florida St. 31, Notre Dame 26
Jan. 2, 1995 Fiesta Bowl-- Colorado 41, Notre Dame 24
Jan. 1, 1994 Cotton Bowl-- Notre Dame 24, Texas A&M 21[/quote]

[quote name='whodey24k' post='422032' date='Jan 4 2007, 11:06 AM']Michigan looked great in the rose bowl :crazy: how many bowls have they lost in a row? i belive its 4[/quote]

And that is almost as thrilling as ND's streak.

As for ND, I believe it is completely unbelievable that they have a different set of rules and criteria to get into a bcs bowl. Weis has begun to realize he can schedule the armed forces, buffalo, UNC, and more nobodys just to get wins every year. Maybe this total beat down LSU handed them will alert the media that Weis is a stupid arrogant coach that continualy puts his horrible defense in a field poistion hole by going for every 4th down possible. Fuck ND and i hope they are ranked out of the top 25 next year, but they will prolly be ranked 3 preseaon then lose 4 straight games and only fall to 10th.

As for next years preseason polls, i gotta go with Amen on this one, if Russell comes back(which i think there is no way in hell) LSU should be ranked #1 over USC.

On a side note i wouldnt have been surprised if ND won last night and the AP poll would have voted them split national champions much like the joke vote USC got back in 04 was it?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='dieselman44' post='422174' date='Jan 4 2007, 03:24 PM']As for ND, I believe it is completely unbelievable that they have a different set of rules and criteria to get into a bcs bowl. Weis has begun to realize he can schedule the armed forces, buffalo, UNC, and more nobodys just to get wins every year. Maybe this total beat down LSU handed them will alert the media that Weis is a stupid arrogant coach that continualy puts his horrible defense in a field poistion hole by going for every 4th down possible. Fuck ND and i hope they are ranked out of the top 25 next year, but they will prolly be ranked 3 preseaon then lose 4 straight games and only fall to 10th.
[b]As for next years preseason polls, i gotta go with Amen on this one, if Russell comes back(which i think there is no way in hell) LSU should be ranked #1 over USC.[/b]

On a side note i wouldnt have been surprised if ND won last night and the AP poll would have voted them split national champions much like the joke vote USC got back in 04 was it?[/quote]
i think russell might stay because i think he could go higher in next years draft.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='dieselman44' post='422221' date='Jan 4 2007, 04:45 PM']If he comes out he wont get past oakland and detroit.[/quote]

Can`t get much higher than that !

And I agree. If he comes out, and has a good combine, one of those QB starved teams will take him...

[quote]dieselman44,
As for next years preseason polls, i gotta go with Amen on this one, if Russell comes back(which i think there is no way in hell) LSU should be ranked #1 over USC.[/quote]

If JaMarcus goes pro; here is who they have to replace him with:

LSU reloads just like Ohio State (my Fav Team; followed by LSU/Va Tech) and USC.

[img]http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics4/200/YH/YHEMMKEQQBJFRBQ.20060503194844.jpg[/img]

Matt Flynn/Junior 6'3" / 228lb

[b]2005 MVP (Offense) Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl [/b]
2005 SEC Academic Honor Roll

Talented quarterback who goes into the fall in a battle with returning starter JaMarcus Russell for playing time ... Has gotten better with each year at LSU ... Smart player who is a dual threat at quarterback ... Has a strong arm and quick feet ... Not afraid to tuck the ball and run when the situation presents itself ... Capped last year by filling in for an injured Russell and leading LSU to a 40-3 win over Miami in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl ... [b]Named Offensive MVP of the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl after directing an LSU offense that rolled up 468 yards against a defense ranked as one of the best in the nation [/b] ... Also serves as the holder on placekicks for the Tigers ... Named to the 2005 SEC Academic Honor Roll ... Has played in 10 games at quarterback for the Tigers and has served as the holder on placekicks in 25 games ... Is 1-0 as a starting quarterback.

SOPHOMORE SEASON (2005)
Started in place of an injured JaMarcus Russell in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and responded by leading the Tigers to a 40-3 win over Miami ... Offensive MVP of the Peach Bowl after throwing for 196 yards and 2 TDs and running for another 39 yards ... Connected on 13-of-22 passes ... Hit Buster Davis with a 51-yard TD pass in the second quarter in the win over Miami ... Inserted into the SEC Championship game in the second half against Georgia when Russell went down with an injury ... Finished 3-of-11 for 36 yards, 1 touchdown and 1 interception against the Bulldogs ... Played in seven games at quarterback for the Tigers in 2005 ... For the year, completed 27-of-48 passes for 457 yards, 7 touchdowns and 1 interception ... [u]Was a perfect 7-of-7 for 139 yards and 3 TDs in win over North Texas [/u] ... All 3 touchdown passes against the Mean Green came in the fourth quarter ... [b]Is the only non-starter in LSU history to come into a game and throw 3 TD passes in a single quarter[/b] ... Tossed a [b]55-yard TD pass [/b] to [b]Bennie Brazell [/b] against Ole Miss ... Also served as the holder on all placekicks for the Tigers.

Additionally in the wings

[img]http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics28/200/MZ/MZJZLDWTGRCRDPT.20060503195020.jpg[/img]

Ryan Perrilloux FR 6'3" 222

HIGH SCHOOL
Called by many the top prospect in the nation in 2004 ... One of the most high-profile signees in LSU's history ... Named the National High School Player of the Year by Ball Park and was named the National Offensive Player of the Year by USA Today ... A consensus five-star All-American by every major recruiting publication ... Other honors included EA Sports Elite 11 Quarterback, Parade All- American, Touchdown Club of Columbus (Ohio) National Offensive Player of the Year, U.S. Army All- American Bowl Participant (West Roster), Louisiana's Mr. Football and Louisiana Gatorade Player of the Year ... Rated the nation's No. 1 prospect by ESPN ... A dominating playmaker many called the most dangerous offensive weapon in the nation ... No. 1 dual-threat quarterback who was nearly impossible to contain during his career ... Considered to have the strongest arm in the country with a quick release and pinpoint accuracy ... Racked up a Louisiana high school record 5,006 total yards of offense as a senior, including 3,546 yards passing and 1,460 yards rushing ... Accounted for 67 total touchdowns (30 passing, 37 rushing) in 2004 ... Had one of the most dominating high school careers in state history totaling 12,705 yards of offense (9,025 passing; 3,680 rushing), which ranks second all-time ... Ranks fourth on the state's all-time passing list ... Had 155 total touchdowns (84 passing, 71 rushing) in four years ... Totaled 21 tackles and 2 interceptions on defense ... Returned punts of 50 and 65 yards for touchdowns ... Accounted for 495 yards of offense in his final high school game versus Evangel in the state playoffs ... Three-sport athlete who played shooting forward for the basketball team and centerfield for the baseball team ... Coached by Larry Dauterieve.

Archived