No wonder the American public still thinks Iraq attacked us on 9/11

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='429339' date='Jan 18 2007, 08:04 PM']an Olbermann clip showing the deliberate slanting of the news @ Fox.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oulh6_lOif0&NR"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oulh6_lOif0&NR[/url]

if you can see this, and still find that fox is unbiased... i'll just let Keith report, and you can decide for yourself :rolleyes:[/quote]
Olbermann=O'Reilly.
They are the same animal, on a different network, with a different bias. They both spout off at the mouth in their mutual moral indignations. They both get....RATINGS!
Fox news isn't any more evil, insane or less truthful than any other major TV media outlet. Let's be real. I watch them all because my wife is studying criminal justice and is a news addict, and we regularly switch between MSNBC, Fox, CNN, etcetera.
O'Reilly's show is....ready? NOT NEWS!!! Neither is Olbermann, Matthews, Carlson, etc.
The mistake that's being made here is that people are accrediting these op-ed pieces as actual news, when in fact....they are opinions that are expressed by popular talking heads that pander to not only those that agree with their point of view, but also often to the lowest common denominator.
Fair and balanced indeed.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='429354' date='Jan 19 2007, 01:21 AM']No I didnt and Ill tell you why. I suspect its someone saying foxnews lies, and then goes into it. See to me its like Al Franken Limbaugh a liar, and then going into it, and then Rush calling Franken a liar and going into it...back and forth back and forth untill no one knows what the truth even is anymore. Im beyond tired of these talking heads and prefer to get my news through the internet (main news sources) and sift through the truth as opposed to having these pompus smarmy assholes (on both sides of the isle) yell their version of the truth at me.[/quote]
do me a small favor, take a few minutes, and have a look. if i didn't think it was important, i wouldn't have posted it... :afropic:

*edit* and yes, i agree with the gist of your post completely

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='429355' date='Jan 18 2007, 08:22 PM'][b]yippee .... the Savage Nation torture king is going to pray for me .... can't wait :rolleyes: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

Also I am not lost nor scared .... and you should first take the log out of your own eye, before you comment on the speck in mine.

[color="#0000FF"]now go pull over a black guy in a nice car or something. [/color][/b][/quote]

[b][color="#FF0000"]Thanks alot BJ, piss off the cop and then I'm the one you gets pulled over.[/color][/b] :(

:ninja:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='429358' date='Jan 19 2007, 01:25 AM']Olbermann=O'Reilly.
They are the same animal, on a different network, with a different bias. They both spout off at the mouth in their mutual moral indignations. They both get....RATINGS!
Fox news isn't any more evil, insane or less truthful than any other major TV media outlet. Let's be real. I watch them all because my wife is studying criminal justice and is a news addict, and we regularly switch between MSNBC, Fox, CNN, etcetera.
O'Reilly's show is....ready? NOT NEWS!!! Neither is Olbermann, Matthews, Carlson, etc.
The mistake that's being made here is that people are accrediting these op-ed pieces as actual news, when in fact....they are opinions that are expressed by popular talking heads that pander to not only those that agree with their point of view, but also often to the lowest common denominator.
Fair and balanced indeed.[/quote]
i disagree. to some extent. at least on the olbermann-oreilly point.

olbermann, while he has his pov, and is happy to share it, make the distinction between his opinion, and the news. oreilly does not. as for the others, i cannot stand to watch them, so i dunno.

this clip (if anyone has 7 fucking minutes to watch it :contract: ) pertains to the way the "news" is presented. not the op-ed stuff. big difference, imo.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='429359' date='Jan 18 2007, 08:27 PM']do me a small favor, take a few minutes, and have a look. if i didn't think it was important, i wouldn't have posted it... :afropic:

*edit* and yes, i agree with the gist of your post completely[/quote]

Ok Fox news lies, Dan Rather lies and so on and so forth. This is what I mean.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='429368' date='Jan 19 2007, 01:36 AM']Ok Fox news lies, Dan Rather lies and so on and so forth. This is what I mean.[/quote]
:lol:

fair enough. i'm preaching to the choir with you. it's those folks who honestly believe that fox is fair and balanced that i worry about.

[quote name='rudi32' post='429376' date='Jan 18 2007, 08:44 PM']come on guys
im not pissed
i was more hurt that he said it

but some people resort to insulting others, usually when they feel threatened.

i hold no grudge

its not healthy,[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]You know, I wish all the cops that have had me face down on the ground with their knee on my
neck were as compassionate and sensitive as you.[/b][/color] :wub:

:ninja:

[quote name='rudi32' post='429376' date='Jan 18 2007, 08:44 PM']come on guys
im not pissed
i was more hurt that he said it

but some people resort to insulting others, usually when they feel threatened.

i hold no grudge

its not healthy,[/quote]
You know, you seem like a really good guy with his head and heart in the right place.
Your avatar, however, makes you look like a militant nutjob. No offense.
I like my guns well enough too, being former military, but....ah, I don't know.

[quote name='rudi32' post='429394' date='Jan 18 2007, 09:06 PM']ok I changed it. Im at home and have a better pic of my partner

he makes a better avatar
my friend said i wouldnt use his pic as my avatar, so i did just to prove him wrong[/quote]
I apologize. The assault rifle, the mask on the face, the police dog....you can see where i went wrong.
I am honestly being genuine, not trying to be a dick, and it never really was a big deal to begin with.
I mean, I have a fictitional evil robot that kills people as my avatar....pardon me while I take the beam out of my own eye....

[quote name='rudi32' post='429410' date='Jan 18 2007, 09:37 PM']no prob brother

I would rather have him anyway

U get close to them when they ride with u 40 hours a week, track guys, and defend ur life

he means a lot to me[/quote]
I have a dog that my wife made me adopt that I love/hate.
She is very smart, mostly Collie, some beagle (the whining/barking part....ugh) and she can jump higher from a standing four legs than any other dog I've ever seen. She is also something of a bird killer. She crawls up on morning doves like a cat on the hunt and then when she leaps at them, they take off and she bats them down with her paws, and then eats them.
Damn dog.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='429368' date='Jan 18 2007, 08:36 PM']Ok Fox news lies, Dan Rather lies and so on and so forth. This is what I mean.[/quote]

yeah but he did it first!!!11!!

i am w/ you on this one jamie...

whodeyUK, who do you think on thinks that fox news is not slanted? i explained myself earlier, they are fair b/c both points of views are presented... however, its obvious that it is slanted b/c the majority of the commentators are conservative...

rudi, i've got a german shephard that looks almost identical to yours... GREAT dogs....

Archived