Reds vs Astros Game #1

[quote][size=3][b]Reds-Astros 04-18 [/b][/size]

Greetings from GABP, my first night game of the year. So far, I've covered three Reds contests, and they've all been day affairs (which, of course, was on purpose). Hopefully, my deadline writing ability isn't too rusty. Which, of course, is a little joke for the benefit of the Post staff.

Lineup today looks like this:

Freel, 3B
Hamilton, CF
Dunn, LF
Griffey, RF
Phillips, 2B
Hatteberg, 1B
Gonzalez, SS
Ross, C
Harang, P

Considering the games Freel and Hamilton had last night, it's not that surprising that Encarnacion is not in the lineup. If I was Jerry, I'd want to keep Freel and Hamilton together as well.[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/"]Reds Blog[/url]

[quote][size=3][b]Marine to re-up at Reds game[/b][/size]
BY HOWARD WILKINSON | HWILKINSON@ENQUIRER.COM

Sgt. Brian Equez will never forget the first time he raised his right hand and enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps, seven-and-a-half years ago in his native Texas.

But when the Northern Kentucky resident re-enlists tonight, it may prove to be even more memorable.

The 25-year-old Marine, a technician with Communications Company, 4th Marine Division that is headquartered at the Marine Reserve Center in Walnut Hills, will take the oath on the field at Great American Ball Park before Wednesday night’s Reds-Astros game, before thousands of fans.

“I’m a big baseball fan; and I want all the fans there to share in the moment; and to leave with a positive feeling about those of us who serve in uniform," said Equez.

Equez has been on the field before – he has served a number of times in the honor guard that marches the flag out to the field before each game.

But Marines who re-enlist often get to choose a unique setting for their re-enlistment cermonies – some have chosen to “re-up” at Mount Suribachi at Iwo Jima, scene of the Marines’ most memorable World War II battle, or at the Marine Corps Monument near Arlington National Cemetery.

Equez, the son of Ecuadoran immigrants, was born and raised in Humble, Texas, a small town just north of Houston. When he looked at a Reds schedule and saw that his beloved Houston Astros were coming to town for a two-game series, he decided to ask the Reds for permission to have his ceremony on the field.

“I couldn’t pass up the chance," Equez said.

Equez, who has had previous posts in Japan and Korea, has worked numerous jobs at Communications Company, including helping organize the Marines Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots program and assisting area Marine families who have had family members killed in action.

One of those families will be with Equez when he walks on to the field tonight – John and Carol Prazynski of Hamilton, the father and stepmother of Lance Corp. Taylor Prazynski, who was killed in action in May 2005.[/quote]

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070418/NEWS01/70418014"]Enquirer.com[/url]

[img]http://www.history.com/minisites/mailcall/images/mailcall_image.jpg[/img][size=2][b]HOO-RAH!!![/b][/size]

[quote name='The Entertainer' post='474305' date='Apr 18 2007, 04:55 PM']:headbang: [color="#FF0000"] [size=4][b]Cincinnati Reds (8-6)[/b][/size][/color]

vs.

:pissing: [color="#FF8C00"][size=3][b] Houston Astros (6-6)[/b][/size][/color]
Harang (2-0, 5.40 ERA) vs. Sampson (1-0, 0.00 ERA)
[b][color="#FF0000"][size=3]GO REDS!!![/size][/color][/b][/quote]

Stros have been playing really strong lately, and that's with Big Puma Lance Berkman mired in a slump. I say he breaks out in a big way in the Nati. See you during the game, probably.

Efficient first innings for both pitchers. For those that don't know Sampson, he played in one game last year and was very impressive. I'm glad he made the starting rotation this year. Not dominant stuff but he can get the job done.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Actium' post='474374' date='Apr 18 2007, 07:31 PM']Your thread is doomed.[/quote]
my thread doesnt have assholes fans posting all over it :headbang:

Archived