marcus thomas

[quote name='Jeb' post='478425' date='Apr 28 2007, 10:29 PM']My claim is that the commissioner won't punish the Pats and even if Meriweather breaks the law, ...it won't happen.

We are a different story though. He would punish us.[/quote]

that gets to the heart of my point. and isn't it ironic that kraft and herm edwards, two of the supposed most outspoken defenders of goodell's new policy, were two of the first organizations to grab up players with questionable backgrounds. i wonder how long we have to stay on probation? how many drafts will we be handicapped before we can select the players the rest of the league can select?

[quote name='BATTLECAT' post='478409' date='Apr 28 2007, 10:15 PM']I think that holding teams accountable for what a GROWN-ASS MAN does off the field is a load of BULLSH%T!!! :contract:

That's like the BULLSH%T law (depending on where your from) that a parent is held liable (potential jail time) for what their children are doing while they're at work, and the kids are supposed to be at school and such!

These clubs aren't their freakin parents. Go after the player for goodness sakes.

:afropic: :afropic: :afropic:[/quote]

if your kids a fuckup peice of shit, thats your fault, you should be punished, perhaps some motivation to make your children NOT be complete fuckups. jailtime is only for repeat offenders, if your kid keeps getting in trouble over and over and you do nothing to prevent it. like if they stole your boos, got caught, then two weeks later they steal your boos again, and then again, and you never lock them up or prevent them from getting them, etc...

[quote name='bengaled' post='478540' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:37 AM']that gets to the heart of my point. and isn't it ironic that kraft and herm edwards, two of the supposed most outspoken defenders of goodell's new policy, were two of the first organizations to grab up players with questionable backgrounds. i wonder how long we have to stay on probation? how many drafts will we be handicapped before we can select the players the rest of the league can select?[/quote]

we arent on probation and arent handicapping ourselves, we handicap ourselves by TAKING players with questionable pasts, we didnt take 1, we had fucking 9, 9 players arrested, the patriots taking one guy with a sketchy past is pretty far from the point. goodall's comments were intended to make some teams think twice about a players past, instead of the "eh he should be good in the nfl" system that was going on, "is this guy getting a year suspension for 2 dui's in the next year?"

goodalls strict nazi punishments are whats "punishing" to teams who draft shitheads, if they dont fuck up, he doesnt care, he isnt going to punish anyone for drafting a player who behaves properly in the NFL.

12 months from now, if meriweather isnt in any trouble, no one cares about what happened in college.

if your an nfl team with multi problem players those palyers punishment will be more and more stern, thats how the team gets fucked.

the taking away draft picks propoganda was in passing and has no holding anywhere. the NFLPA would shit their pants.

[quote name='bengaled' post='478544' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:41 AM']by following thru with his direct threat of taking away draft picks and imposing fines on the teams.[/quote]

never ever was that a threat. that was some jibberish about what might go down in the future

why would he take draft picks from us if a player gets in no trouble in the nfl.

your delusional at best.

[quote]While he was meting out penalties, Goodell also announced the league's new, tougher personal conduct policy that will allow longer fines and suspensions for players and [b]also could[/b] penalize teams, [b]perhaps by[/b] taking away draft picks.[/quote]

nothing like going to war with "could" and "perhaps by"

the media is the king of taking a half sentence and creating a page full of fiction based on it. goodall tossed out serious suspensions and threw out heavy harsh words, he doesnt own the nfl, the owners and nflpa would ahve to approve such an insane stretch of punishment. and im doubting the owners are voting to take their picks away and i doubt the NFLPA is voting to allow less players to get drafted at higher pay levels, etc.

goodall will never get away with fucking the two entities he answers to in the ass without courtesy vasaline.

[quote name='bengaled' post='478540' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:37 AM']that gets to the heart of my point. and isn't it ironic that kraft and herm edwards, two of the supposed most outspoken defenders of goodell's new policy, were two of the first organizations to grab up players with questionable backgrounds. i wonder how long we have to stay on probation? how many drafts will we be handicapped before we can select the players the rest of the league can select?[/quote]

Give it time. Eventually they'll come around and see how this hurts us but it'll likely be a year from now when marvin once again skips the misfits because we're still getting pounded by the media. This is day 2. This is exactly when we would be taking a misfit player with talent. Lets see who we get off the boyscout list.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='478553' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:52 AM']nothing like going to war with "could" and "perhaps by"

the media is the king of taking a half sentence and creating a page full of fiction based on it. goodall tossed out serious suspensions and threw out heavy harsh words, he doesnt own the nfl, the owners and nflpa would ahve to approve such an insane stretch of punishment. and im doubting the owners are voting to take their picks away and i doubt the NFLPA is voting to allow less players to get drafted at higher pay levels, etc.

goodall will never get away with fucking the two entities he answers to in the ass without courtesy vasaline.[/quote]

Most in the media are scum and whores, ...oh, ...and pack hunters too. That is what I'll be saying a year from now.

[quote name='OzBengal' post='478628' date='Apr 29 2007, 07:46 AM']I am fairly certain that Marcus Thomas will be a character bust, similar to our own character busts. No chance we take him.[/quote]

I wonder if Marcus Thomas will even be a good player without the off-field stuff. I've heard good and bad about just his performance alone.

Archived