i should be fired, arrested, and people should curse my name!!!!!

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='489855' date='May 22 2007, 07:13 PM']Ok... I have thought more about this.

Go ... give it a break. I am 23, do stupid shit all the time, did even stupider shit as a 21 and 22 year old but let's drop the whole "woe is me" shit for Henry.

The fact is this... the kid fucked up not once, twice or even three times... he's done it NUMEROUS times. I get it i get it, boys will boys, kids will be kids, everyone makes mistakes, etc... but not everyone is a 3rd round draft pick, a supposed role model in the community, or make millions of dollars for a job they love.

Is it Henrys fault hes in the public image and maybe under more scrutiny than he should be under? Yes. He's a professional athlete that fans like YOU pay to see play and pay his salary.

Yes Henry gets a bad rap and is put in the pubic image more than he should, but if he wasn't in the public, he would be in jail by now because he would have NO money to buy his lawyers, friends, etc...

So I guess my point is this... People have every right to rip Henry if he was guilty or not. He has now fallen under the circumstance that he is guilty until proven innocent considering his past. I like Henry and wish he could play, but that doesn't mean I can't swear his name or throw dirt on him because he's truely a dumb fuck who can't stay out of the public eye in regards to getting caught.[/quote]

ha, i never said woe is chris, but several, if not all, of these "fuckups" are silly pointless meaningless shit, the DUI is serious and the gun thing is serious depending on why he was wavinig it at the other group.

weed, nothing, alcohol to minors, nothing, etc..

the whole "chris henry is a horrible person and will never learn" act is far far more tired than the "the kid fucked up, get over it you lynch mob bastards" routine i have been perfecting for months now.

and im thinking your suburban cincinnati to splended osu lifestyle is slightyl different than his, just as my mt healthy to mason to blue ash lifestyle is as well, but i've done enough wrong to see where he is and why, and realize he can recover from it and move on. it doesnt help to have every shit eating politician on his ass on the regular...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='489859' date='May 22 2007, 07:31 PM']ha, i never said woe is chris, but several, if not all, of these "fuckups" are silly pointless meaningless shit, the DUI is serious and the gun thing is serious depending on why he was wavinig it at the other group.
weed, nothing, alcohol to minors, nothing, etc..

the whole "chris henry is a horrible person and will never learn" act is far far more tired than the "the kid fucked up, get over it you lynch mob bastards" routine i have been perfecting for months now.

and im thinking your suburban cincinnati to splended osu lifestyle is slightyl different than his, just as my mt healthy to mason to blue ash lifestyle is as well, but i've done enough wrong to see where he is and why, and realize he can recover from it and move on. it doesnt help to have every shit eating politician on his ass on the regular...[/quote]

Oh I'll give you that... i guess I'm just trying to figure out your reasoning behind your original post. I think Chris CAN turn his life around, but I also think it's my oppurtunity if I wish to rip Chris Henry, swear his name, etc because of who he is.

I don't think he's a horrible person and I've never felt that way or said that, but I do think there needs to be a happy medium between both sides for this argument.

There are waaaaay too much "kids will be kids" sides, and waaaay too many "fuck him, fuck his life" people (who i think might be slightly racist to this issue... whole other story however) and I think there needs to be the general feeling that he's been a priviliged person the past 2 years given his salary and new lifestyle and that he needs to get realize he fucked up BADLY and fucked up this organization badly BUT he also needs to be understood considering where he's been from and how young he is (HOLY RUN ON SENTENCE!!).

Regardless, I see your point, but I also think you're going a TAD over the edge on this one

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='489888' date='May 22 2007, 09:01 PM']Oh I'll give you that... i guess I'm just trying to figure out your reasoning behind your original post. I think Chris CAN turn his life around, but I also think it's my oppurtunity if I wish to rip Chris Henry, swear his name, etc because of who he is.

I don't think he's a horrible person and I've never felt that way or said that, but I do think there needs to be a happy medium between both sides for this argument.

There are waaaaay too much "kids will be kids" sides, and waaaay too many "fuck him, fuck his life" people (who i think might be slightly racist to this issue... whole other story however) and I think there needs to be the general feeling that he's been a priviliged person the past 2 years given his salary and new lifestyle and that he needs to get realize he fucked up BADLY and fucked up this organization badly BUT he also needs to be understood considering where he's been from and how young he is (HOLY RUN ON SENTENCE!!).

Regardless, I see your point, but I also think you're going a TAD over the edge on this one[/quote]

the point behind my original post, was the outrageous catastrophy of events like having a tiny amount of weed, turning with no turn signal, alcohol to minors just cause he paid for the room they were in, and the reaction from some like he was a stabbing people and raping grandmothers, then some soap box champions chimed in when his license was suposidly suspended with more garbage rants of raw hate. my point was, shit happens, it happeend to him (along with plenty of self inflicted drama mind you) it happened to me, i drove nearly a week with a suspended license and didnt even know it, he didnt know his license was suspended and it was over a $15-25 fine he didnt pay at the BMV, (which i had to go pay myself yesterday) and if your gonna hate the guy hate him for something with substance, not some petty shit, people acted like he was hitler cause he may ahve had a suspended license, etc.

he is no worse of a person than i am, and its been nearly a year since he has been in any trouble and people still act like he could pop at any minute, he has spenta longer period of time clean than he did dirty at this point, but he is "oh so prone to fucking up again"

etc..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='489894' date='May 22 2007, 09:10 PM']the point behind my original post, was the outrageous catastrophy of events like having a tiny amount of weed, turning with no turn signal, alcohol to minors just cause he paid for the room they were in, and the reaction from some like he was a stabbing people and raping grandmothers, then some soap box champions chimed in when his license was suposidly suspended with more garbage rants of raw hate. my point was, shit happens, it happeend to him (along with plenty of self inflicted drama mind you) it happened to me, i drove nearly a week with a suspended license and didnt even know it, he didnt know his license was suspended and it was over a $15-25 fine he didnt pay at the BMV, (which i had to go pay myself yesterday) and if your gonna hate the guy hate him for something with substance, not some petty shit, people acted like he was hitler cause he may ahve had a suspended license, etc.

he is no worse of a person than i am, and its been nearly a year since he has been in any trouble and people still act like he could pop at any minute, he has spenta longer period of time clean than he did dirty at this point, but he is "oh so prone to fucking up again"
etc..[/quote]

Again... he may be no worse of a person than you, but you do not get paid millions of dollars to play football and be a ROLE model.

It's just looking at the issue two ways...

It's not that he's doing insanely bad events, but the fact is he is doing bad events which the NFL views as NO NOs and costing the team that you love Wins in the process.

I think it boils down to the fact that people are hating on Chris and you view it as an attack on Chris affecting himself. When I hate on Chris, I view it as an attack on Chris affecting the team.

EDIT: Is it affecting or effecting?

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='489896' date='May 22 2007, 09:17 PM']Again... he may be no worse of a person than you, but you do not get paid millions of dollars to play football and be a ROLE model.

It's just looking at the issue two ways...

It's not that he's doing insanely bad events, but the fact is he is doing bad events which the NFL views as NO NOs and costing the team that you love Wins in the process.

I think it boils down to the fact that people are hating on Chris and you view it as an attack on Chris affecting himself. When I hate on Chris, I view it as an attack on Chris affecting the team.

EDIT: Is it affecting or effecting?[/quote]

role model he says...

and how do YOU know i dont get paid millions of dollars to play football?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='489894' date='May 22 2007, 07:10 PM']the point behind my original post, was the outrageous catastrophy of events like having a tiny amount of weed, turning with no turn signal, alcohol to minors just cause he paid for the room they were in, and the reaction from some like he was a stabbing people and raping grandmothers, then some soap box champions chimed in when his license was suposidly suspended with more garbage rants of raw hate. my point was, shit happens, it happeend to him (along with plenty of self inflicted drama mind you) it happened to me, i drove nearly a week with a suspended license and didnt even know it, he didnt know his license was suspended and it was over a $15-25 fine he didnt pay at the BMV, (which i had to go pay myself yesterday) and if your gonna hate the guy hate him for something with substance, not some petty shit, people acted like he was hitler cause he may ahve had a suspended license, etc.

etc..[/quote]
No, this is a pattern of behavior. You are forgetting his college days as well.
My cousin went to school with him at WVU, hung at some of the same clubs, and, ahem, shall I say, shared the same dealer of a certain white powdery substance? BTW, I am not bullshitting, my cousin knew him passingly and now he (my cousin) is in rehab at a VA hospital here in the Cincinnati area for cocaine abuse.
Anyway, I really don't care what kind of a person he is as long as he keeps himself NFL-eligible and doesn't kill anyone with his negligence or stupidity.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='489899' date='May 22 2007, 09:23 PM']No, this is a pattern of behavior. You are forgetting his college days as well.
My cousin went to school with him at WVU, hung at some of the same clubs, and, ahem, shall I say, shared the same dealer of a certain white powdery substance? BTW, I am not bullshitting, my cousin knew him passingly and now he (my cousin) is in rehab at a VA hospital here in the Cincinnati area for cocaine abuse.
Anyway, I really don't care what kind of a person he is as long as he keeps himself NFL-eligible and doesn't kill anyone with his negligence or stupidity.[/quote]

yea yea your cousin my uncle jamie sister in law and bengal ricks republican representative all have a story.

my pattern of behavior from age 17-22 is pretty fuckin solid too.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='489901' date='May 22 2007, 07:25 PM']yea yea your cousin my uncle jamie sister in law and bengal ricks republican representative all have a story.

my pattern of behavior from age 17-22 is pretty fuckin solid too.[/quote]
Believe it or not, he told me he witnessed Henry buying it from his guy a few times...however he never saw him DO it, so perhaps it was more like his "pimp powder" for the white bitches to get freaky....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='489903' date='May 22 2007, 09:28 PM']Believe it or not, he told me he witnessed Henry buying it from his guy a few times...however he never saw him DO it, so perhaps it was more like his "pimp powder" for the white bitches to get freaky....[/quote]

which is longer my bungholian friend..

the list of drugs YOU have done, or that YOU haven't done?

he may very well have done every drug ever in college, i dunno,

[quote name='GoBengals' post='489904' date='May 22 2007, 09:31 PM']which is longer my bungholian friend..

the list of drugs YOU have done, or that YOU haven't done?

he may very well have done every drug ever in college, i dunno,[/quote]

I don't get why this has turned into a what "we" have done vs. Chris Henry.

Again, I am a salesman who means nothing to hundreds and thousands of Cincinnatians...

Chris Henry is a football who means MILLIONS to hundreds and thousands of Cincinnatians...

Chris Henrys importance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> My importance

Therefore, Chris Henrys actions mean more and needs to be more controlled than mine, yours, Bungs, Ricks republicans friend, and Jamies sister in law

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='489905' date='May 22 2007, 09:34 PM']I don't get why this has turned into a what "we" have done vs. Chris Henry.

Again, I am a salesman who means nothing to hundreds and thousands of Cincinnatians...

Chris Henry is a football who means MILLIONS to hundreds and thousands of Cincinnatians...

Chris Henrys importance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> My importance

Therefore, Chris Henrys actions mean more and needs to be more controlled than mine, yours, Bungs, Ricks republicans friend, and Jamies sister in law[/quote]

thats fucked up. i dont think he should be punished any worse than you or I. its cool that our president did a buncha coke in college but chris henry must be a saint? clinton can cheat on his wife and get bj's in the O-val office but chris fuckin henry cant fart crooked?

thats messed-up.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='489906' date='May 22 2007, 09:37 PM']thats fucked up. i dont think he should be punished any worse than you or I. its cool that our president did a buncha coke in college but chris henry must be a saint? clinton can cheat on his wife and get bj's in the O-val office but chris fuckin henry cant fart crooked?

thats messed-up.[/quote]

whats fucked up?

Again, if I did the crimes (in the order that he did, within the time periods he did) I would be punished (i believe) worse than him because i don't have the money he has or the fame he has to buy my way out of the punishment.

Also, presidents is a different story. People voted these guys in. The people gave them a pass ... whole other story.

Regardless, Henry should be punished the same as me and you, and he has been.

Also, he's lucky to still have a job. If I smoked weed, or got a DUI or pointed a gun at someone, I would have been fired no questions asked. He's still getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='489910' date='May 22 2007, 09:41 PM']whats fucked up?

Again, if I did the crimes (in the order that he did, within the time periods he did) I would be punished (i believe) worse than him because i don't have the money he has or the fame he has to buy my way out of the punishment.
Also, presidents is a different story. [b]People voted these guys in.[/b] The people gave them a pass ... whole other story.
Regardless, Henry should be punished the same as me and you, and he has been.

Also, he's lucky to still have a job. If I smoked weed, or got a DUI or pointed a gun at someone, I would have been fired no questions asked. He's still getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars.[/quote]

that could be argued.

I get your point, Go, anyone can have a messed up youth and live to tell about it and learn from it, grow up, etc.
Again, my only contention is this: Henry gets paid a lot of money to play a game. There are rules to this game, both on and off the field that he and every other player must abide by in order to continue their careers.
Fans like us just want him to stop getting into trouble (which is excusable to a degree by youth) so he can contribute on the field.
That's all I care about. Lawrence Taylor was one of the biggest crackheads out there, but I'm sure Giants fans either didn't know or care what he was doing off the field as long as he was breaking Theismann's leg on it, and didn't allow his addiction(s) to hamper his play.
That's it.
But that was then, this is now, testing is FAR more strict nowadays and pro atheletes are made KEENLY aware of this when they enter the league, and yet many don't or won't heed the fact that their money and careers will dry up really fast if they cannot or will not comply with the rules.
Chris Henry is really only truly guilty of being dumber than shit, as many ballers are, and I don't care if he has a high IQ as long as he keeps himself available for my enjoyment by scoring touchdowns for the Bengals.
It is entertainment, after all.

[quote name='KoKaine777' post='489909' date='May 22 2007, 07:40 PM']yes and your cousin the crackhead in a va hospital getting treated should be believed.....doh![/quote]
Listen here asshole, my cousin is also a highly decorated vet of conflicts in Somalia, Bosnia and Iraq. I have known him all my life. Just because he has an addiction doesn't make him worthless. I have never shared this bit of info regarding Henry before and now it's penises like you that make me regret ever having done so.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='489914' date='May 22 2007, 09:47 PM']I get your point, Go, anyone can have a messed up youth and live to tell about it and learn from it, grow up, etc.
Again, my only contention is this: Henry gets paid a lot of money to play a game. There are rules to this game, both on and off the field that he and every other player must abide by in order to continue their careers.
Fans like us just want him to stop getting into trouble (which is excusable to a degree by youth) so he can contribute on the field.
That's all I care about. Lawrence Taylor was one of the biggest crackheads out there, but I'm sure Giants fans either didn't know or care what he was doing off the field as long as he was breaking Theismann's leg on it, and didn't allow his addiction(s) to hamper his play.
That's it.
But that was then, this is now, testing is FAR more strict nowadays and pro atheletes are made KEENLY aware of this when they enter the league, and yet many don't or won't heed the fact that their monay and careers will dry up really fast if they cannot or will not comply with the rules.
Chris Henry is really only truly guilty of being dumber than shit, as many ballers are, and I don't care if he has a high IQ as long as he keeps himself available for my enjoyment by scoring touchdowns for the Bengals.
It is entertainment, after all.[/quote]

word.. and the rules to such a game, just changed, which should change a lot of behaviors.

Guest steggyD
Yeah, sorry to say it, but this thread is pointless Go. Henry knows the rules of the NFL, yet he continues to ignore them and fuck his team up. You seem to think he could be a good receiver, well, that's never going to happen if he keeps going against the grain.

I have worked with people like that, who damn well know the rules, and continue to break them and even argue with the managers as to why the rules suck. Well, it's not up to the individual to write the rules, it's up to them to follow the rules. Then these people go running their mouths about how unfair the employers are when they get fired. Yet those of us who continue to follow the rules have no problem whatsoever.

[quote name='steggyD' post='489919' date='May 22 2007, 09:50 PM']Yeah, sorry to say it, but this thread is pointless Go. [b]Henry knows the rules of the NFL, yet he continues to ignore them and fuck his team up. You seem to think he could be a good receiver, well, that's never going to happen if he keeps going against the grain.[/b]

I have worked with people like that, who damn well know the rules, and continue to break them and even argue with the managers as to why the rules suck. Well, it's not up to the individual to write the rules, it's up to them to follow the rules. Then these people go running their mouths about how unfair the employers are when they get fired. Yet those of us who continue to follow the rules have no problem whatsoever.[/quote]

actually the rules just changed drastically, and he hasnt fucked up in nearly a year i believe... two years ago this all compounded would have been maybe another 2 game suspension... and again, been clean just as long as all his dirt was done in.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='489918' date='May 22 2007, 07:49 PM']word.. and the rules to such a game, just changed, which should change a lot of behaviors.[/quote]
As much as Goodell may come off as an ass to some, I think ultimately that this latest crackdown on aberrant behavior will only strengthen the league in the long run, even if it fucks with the bengals in the short term.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='489921' date='May 22 2007, 09:53 PM']As much as Goodell may come off as an ass to some, I think ultimately that this latest crackdown on aberrant behavior will only strengthen the league in the long run, even if it fucks with the bengals in the short term.[/quote]

i would have agreed a week or so ago, but after listening to espn and others go one about how vick wont be in any trouble since he isnta arepeat offender, etc, it pisses me off what if porter is convicted is he scott free cause its his first, etc?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='489923' date='May 22 2007, 08:03 PM']i would have agreed a week or so ago, but after listening to espn and others go one about how vick wont be in any trouble since he isnta arepeat offender, etc, it pisses me off what if porter is convicted is he scott free cause its his first, etc?[/quote]
How could ESPN possibly know shit about that? The Vick case is still under investigation, and last I checked, being involved with dogfighting carries felony charges, which, if convicted of, Vick will at least serve some kind of suspension from the NFL, along with probation, heavy fines and a suspended prison sentence (which schmoes like me with public defenders would actually have to serve).
And as for Porter, if the videotape shows what eyewitnesses report actually occurred (and Goodell sees it, which he probably will), there's no way Goodell can't suspend Porter under the "new rules" without having massive egg on his face for being selective about which players he's going to punish under them.
I get the impression that he's a pretty zero-tolerance kind of a guy.
No way Porter skates if convicted.
At least, he better not....or BJ will wreak havoc on him, since Miami isn't far from where he lives.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='489936' date='May 22 2007, 08:55 PM'][b]My sister in-law?[/b]

Oh man, all these years and I never knew. -_-[/quote]
Watching from :40 to 1:00 explains this line of thinking rather nicely....and is my favorite line from this...
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j2lP02h8eg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j2lP02h8eg[/url]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='489941' date='May 22 2007, 09:06 PM']Watching from :40 to 1:00 explains this line of thinking rather nicely....and is my favorite line from this...
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j2lP02h8eg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j2lP02h8eg[/url]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img][/quote]
Jamie B doesn't know comedy better than germans do.
:whistle:

Archived