Bailey to make debut at home sat the 10th against cleveland?

Guest BengalBacker
I don't expect him to be a world beater right off the bat, but it's time for him to get major league experience. Let him take his lumps and learn if that's what happens. Who knows, he might slide right in and do well. Only way to find out is to put him out there.

Guest WhoDeyForever
I really hope this happens. I think Santos will start though. This is all speculation and I don't think we will see Santos pitching out of the bullpen for a while probably and let him start Saturday. I hope I am wrong though.

Guest ONYX
[color="#FF0000"][b]Considering I do not follow the Reds, I have heard all kinds of hype about this Bailey guy.

I dont know what the public's expectation of him is but if he comes in and stinks up the joint
like most of the Reds' pitchers, I see no hope for this franchise in the near or distant future.

Actually I see no hope for this franchise in the near or distant future now, but if Bailey flops
in his first few starts, it will just confirm it.[/b][/color]

My hope is that he takes time until the all star break to get used to the majors and hope he starts showing a ton of potential after the all star break and make a run at ROY. And also hope that arroyo and harang return to form by the all star break and we could have a sweet 1-2-3.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='sneaky' post='494727' date='Jun 3 2007, 04:25 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Considering I do not follow the Reds, I have heard all kinds of hype about this Bailey guy.

I dont know what the public's expectation of him is but if he comes in and stinks up the joint
like most of the Reds' pitchers, I see no hope for this franchise in the near or distant future.

Actually I see no hope for this franchise in the near or distant future now, but if Bailey flops
in his first few starts, it will just confirm it.[/b][/color][/quote]

I disagree. What he does in his first few starts has little bearing on what he'll do in his career.

Guest ONYX
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='494732' date='Jun 3 2007, 04:32 PM']I disagree. What he does in his first few starts has little bearing on what he'll do in his career.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Yeah but......

whether Bailey wins his starts or not, he has to show some kind of promise or potiental.

If he looks horrid all the way around, I'm sure most fans will lose hope.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='494727' date='Jun 3 2007, 04:25 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Considering I do not follow the Reds, I have heard all kinds of hype about this Bailey guy.

in his first few starts, it will just confirm it.[/b][/color][/quote]

Yeah i can tell you dont watch the reds much...

Im sick of everyone saying that the reds suck and have no future just because they had a bad start to one fucking season.

So i decided ill go position by position for all the dumbasses out there that are two lazy.

We have 2 great starting pitchers who are locked up till 2010. Harang is 6-2 and having a good season so far. Arroyo is kinda sucking right now, but i believe it is because early in the season he was getting no run support and he feels he has to pitch perfect every time he goes out there. But i believe he'll come back around and win close to 15 games this year. Belisle is about to be 6-4 with a low 4 era which is damn good for a 3-5 pitcher. Then there are bailey, dumtrait, and livingston and Ill be surprised if 2 of those 3 dont turn out to be solid pitchers in the majors with one of them (prob bailey) being an ace in the future.

Relief pitching still kinda sucks, but i still think bray will be a stud whenever the hell he comes back, and burton and salmon look decent.

1st base platoon of conine and hatty will be sufficient until Votto is ready and he is a bright prospect.

2nd base phillips is a stud, he just hit his 10th homer, and is pretty good in the field.

SS we have gonzalez who is doing a lot better from the plate then anyone could have imagined, and hopefully he can keep that up for a couple years and by then hopefully a guy in the minors will be able to take over.

3rd base- EE is bating .367 since coming back from the minors, which i think was just what he needed a little reality check. I think he'll be solid for a while.

OF- Dunn is gonna hit 40 homers even if he strikes out a lot, and it wont kill the team having a guy like that. Griffey is having a good year and i think he will for the next 2-3 years and eventually that texas guy can take over. Hamilton is gonna be amazing.

Catcher is prob our weakest spot on offense.

The future is gonna come down to guys such as the three pitchers i named earlier, Votto, and jay bruce. If they are all good as people say then this team will be sweet in the future.

And i gurantee this reds team stilll wins 75-80 games even with the bad start, unless there are injuries or something.

Guest ONYX
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='494752' date='Jun 3 2007, 05:16 PM']Yeah i can tell you dont watch the reds much...

Im sick of everyone saying that the reds suck and have no future just because they had a bad start to one fucking season.

So i decided ill go position by position for all the dumbasses out there that are two lazy.

We have 2 great starting pitchers who are locked up till 2010. Harang is 6-2 and having a good season so far. Arroyo is kinda sucking right now, but i believe it is because early in the season he was getting no run support and he feels he has to pitch perfect every time he goes out there. But i believe he'll come back around and win close to 15 games this year. Belisle is about to be 6-4 with a low 4 era which is damn good for a 3-5 pitcher. Then there are bailey, dumtrait, and livingston and Ill be surprised if 2 of those 3 dont turn out to be solid pitchers in the majors with one of them (prob bailey) being an ace in the future.

Relief pitching still kinda sucks, but i still think bray will be a stud whenever the hell he comes back, and burton and salmon look decent.

1st base platoon of conine and hatty will be sufficient until Votto is ready and he is a bright prospect.

2nd base phillips is a stud, he just hit his 10th homer, and is pretty good in the field.

SS we have gonzalez who is doing a lot better from the plate then anyone could have imagined, and hopefully he can keep that up for a couple years and by then hopefully a guy in the minors will be able to take over.

3rd base- EE is bating .367 since coming back from the minors, which i think was just what he needed a little reality check. I think he'll be solid for a while.

OF- Dunn is gonna hit 40 homers even if he strikes out a lot, and it wont kill the team having a guy like that. Griffey is having a good year and i think he will for the next 2-3 years and eventually that texas guy can take over. Hamilton is gonna be amazing.

Catcher is prob our weakest spot on offense.

The future is gonna come down to guys such as the three pitchers i named earlier, Votto, and jay bruce. If they are all good as people say then this team will be sweet in the future.

And i gurantee this reds team stilll wins 75-80 games even with the bad start, unless there are injuries or something.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Wait, hold up, slow yo' roll playa.............

No I don't watch the Reds much but I already made that known before I posted my opinion.

I used to be a big fan, but the years have worn on me. The Bengals' dark decade took all my
tolerance and patience. I have none left for the Reds.

I am no longer the hardcore fan like you. Whether the Reds suck or not, you will always support them.
So the Reds dont have to worry about your type. However, the Reds do have to worry about my type.

Which is the fringe fan. The kind of fan that has lost all interest because this team has not gone to the
playoffs since 1995 and they have not had a winning record since 2000. Must I remind you that it's 2007?

If they (the Reds) want to reel fans back in, like me, this Homer Bailey dude or somebody had better show something
the remainder of the year. Or a lot fans like you are going to turn into a lot of fans like me.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='494765' date='Jun 3 2007, 05:35 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Wait, hold up, slow yo' roll playa.............

No I don't watch the Reds much but I already made that known before I posted my opinion.

I used to be a big fan, but the years have worn on me. The Bengals' dark decade took all my
tolerance and patience. I have none left for the Reds.

I am no longer the hardcore fan like you. Whether the Reds suck or not, you will always support them.
So the Reds dont have to worry about your type. However, the Reds do have to worry about my type.

Which is the fringe fan. The kind of fan that has lost all interest because this team has not gone to the
playoffs since 1995 and they have not had a winning record since 2000. Must I remind you that it's 2007?

If they (the Reds) want to reel fans back in, like me, this Homer Bailey dude or somebody had better show something
the remainder of the year. Or a lot fans like you are going to turn into a lot of fans like me.[/b][/color][/quote]

First of all I'll never turn into a fan like you, imagine if you would have done that with the bengals in the 90s? You cant abandon a team because they have bad seasons.

Second of all it doesnt matter if they lose fans like you, cause once they get good again everyone will jump back on the bandwagon (IE: Bengals)

Third of all, when the reds win a world series or make the playoffs it will be sweeter for the fans like me, rather then the fans like you. Im willing to wait for it, but when it does happen, and believe me it will, it will be that much sweeter for me. Kinda like when the bengals win the superbowl it will be that much more amazing for fans like you and me, rather then fans that just jumped on the bandwagon in 2005.

Guest ONYX
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='494767' date='Jun 3 2007, 05:46 PM']First of all I'll never turn into a fan like you, imagine if you would have done that with the bengals in the 90s? You cant abandon a team because they have bad seasons.

Second of all it doesnt matter if they lose fans like you, cause once they get good again everyone will jump back on the bandwagon (IE: Bengals)

Third of all, when the reds win a world series or make the playoffs it will be sweeter for the fans like me, rather then the fans like you. Im willing to wait for it, but when it does happen, and believe me it will, it will be that much sweeter for me. Kinda like when the bengals win the superbowl it will be that much more amazing for fans like you and me, rather then fans that just jumped on the bandwagon in 2005.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Waiting for the Bengals to become contenders has taken 10 years from my life. I refuse to sacrifice any more
for the Reds. At least when the Bengals sucked, you only had to watch them lose once a week, not every damn
day likr the Reds.

And at least in the NFL, every team is on the same financial playing field. Incompetence was Mike Brown's
problem, not payroll. The way baseball is set up, small market teams like the Reds, have to strike gold
developing prospects year after year to compete with big market teams.[/b][/color]

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='494774' date='Jun 3 2007, 11:09 PM']Yeah i know what you mean sneaky. I get sick of watching the reds bullpen blow game after game like tonight. yet i cant keep myself from day after day watching them and hoping it will be different.[/quote]
Looks like they've at least tied it up in the 9th...

I am a sports owner's dream. I love the Reds and Bengals. Always have, always will.

unless they trade Griffey. Then I reserve the right to change my mind. :contract:

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='494752' date='Jun 3 2007, 05:16 PM']Yeah i can tell you dont watch the reds much...

Im sick of everyone saying that the reds suck and have no future just because they had a bad start to one fucking season.[/quote]
I hate to be negative...

but the reds just gave up a 6 run lead with like 7 outs left...

The reds are pretty shitty this year...now if we got a bullpen that could record a out when it mattered...we could talk about finishing 4th in the NL Central...rather then last.

[quote name='JC' post='494783' date='Jun 3 2007, 11:44 PM']I hate to be negative...

The reds are pretty shitty this year...now if we got a bullpen that could record a out when it mattered...we could talk about finishing 4th in the NL Central...rather then last.[/quote]
And lost in the 10th... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

[quote name='JC' post='494783' date='Jun 3 2007, 06:44 PM']I hate to be negative...

The reds are pretty shitty this year...now if we got a bullpen that could record a out when it mattered...we could talk about finishing 4th in the NL Central...rather then last.[/quote]
They would finish better than that with a good bullpen.

[quote name='j.5000022' post='494796' date='Jun 3 2007, 07:28 PM']They would finish better than that would a good bullpen.[/quote]
I dunno the offense is pretty sporatic(sp?). Sometimes they are good and other times they suck.

Archived