BUYER BEWARE ! TJ mention

Guest Patmo

Guest Patmo
[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/03/02/free.agency.wary/index.html"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...wary/index.html[/url]

Guest BengalsOwn
• T.J. Houshmandzadeh, receiver -- It's tough to include T.J. -- we'll call him T.J. and leave it at that -- on this list because we like his game. But the thing that gives you pause is the Peerless Price factor: Will T.J. be paid like a No. 1 receiver on the open market, even though his skills seem to make him a natural No. 2, the role he played superbly in Cincinnati behind Chad Johnson? As long as the price is right, T.J. will be a nice addition to any team that gets him.

Buyer beware? All it says is the obvious, he isn't a #1 WR...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Mar 2 2005, 03:53 PM']• T.J. Houshmandzadeh, receiver -- It's tough to include T.J. -- we'll call him T.J. and leave it at that -- on this list because we like his game. But the thing that gives you pause is the Peerless Price factor: Will T.J. be paid like a No. 1 receiver on the open market, even though his skills seem to make him a natural No. 2, the role he played superbly in Cincinnati behind Chad Johnson? As long as the price is right, T.J. will be a nice addition to any team that gets him.
Buyer beware? All it says is the obvious, he isn't a #1 WR...
[right][post="54591"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Funny, it lists TJ on ESPN.com as a potential steal.....Seems to really depend on the money in the deal.......We should know soon enough.

Guest Patmo
[quote name='Patmo' date='Mar 2 2005, 03:46 PM'][url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/03/02/free.agency.wary/index.html"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...wary/index.html[/url]
[right][post="54584"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Well,the price was acceptable.According to this article,TJ was a bargain.

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Mar 3 2005, 08:41 AM']no the price wasnt acceptable.. he should make about 1- 1.5 a year not 3 we got totaly hosed....
[right][post="55260"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

how can you say when it's clear other teams were willing to offer him even more than we gave him? because you're a better evaluator of talent than NFL execs?

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Mar 3 2005, 09:44 AM']no cause i wont over pay for him.. and ur telling me u r??
[right][post="55327"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

YOU'RE not paying for him. However, other teams were actually willing to pay $3+ million for him, and THAT'S A FACT.

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Mar 3 2005, 09:50 AM']Think about it next year.. warrick << if he is back with the team will start over tj... u will see man.. dont sweat it all i ask is u admit u where wrong when it happens
[right][post="55339"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

ok you'll see when he ISN'T on the team anymore.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Mar 3 2005, 09:50 AM']Think about it next year.. warrick << if he is back with the team will start over tj... u will see man.. dont sweat it all i ask is u admit u where wrong when it happens

WE WILL USE MORE THAN 2 RECIEVERS ON 80%+ OF THE TIME... PDUB IS A SLOT, AND TJ AND CHAD OR ON THE OUTSIDE...

"LET THEM... TJ not that great dude... think about it 4 touchdowns.. thats all the redzone production he has?? for real we could have drafted someone who would have given us better production then that" - bengalscat

draft someone?!? you want to rely on a player that hasn't played one fucking game in the nfl?!? does peter warrick's first 3 years come to mind...

do i need to break out my stats too cat... they can go both ways... how about this post i had from yesturday:

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Mar 2 2005, 07:57 PM'][url="http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187401"]pdub[/url]
[url="http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235086"]tj[/url]

i hadn't looked close at the tj's last year, but out of those 73 catches, he had 49 first downs... that means 67% of his catches were HUGE catches... he also had 15 catches over 20 yards and 2 over 40 last year... pdub has 2 over 40 in 5 years, and tj had almost half as many over 20 as pdub has had in 5 years... i won't even mention the difference between their best years, in fear i'll start a feud on another thread about tj... i just want to lay out some facts... tj is better than most of you think... marvin seems to think so w/ this signing..

[b]if you figure the last half of the season up (w/ carson and jon) he had 50 catches (would be 100 over a year) and 656 yards (1212 yards over a season)... not bad, huh?!?[/b]

i'd like us to be around 2 or 2.5 million, but marvin wanted him, so he's here at a little higher than we'd like... we have plenty of options to get around the cap issue..

pdub needs to tear it up this year, b/c he has the potential...
[right][post="54887"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

td's aren't everything...

we shouldn't get hung up on the number of td's housh had. the point is, we probably don't win the baltimore game and i know we don't win the giants game if tj doesn't step up. he took some HUGE hits last season and still came down with the ball. everyone of those plays is worth a touchdown in my book.

in a three wide set next year we should have tj, pw, and of course chadwick. that spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E for defenses. not to mention rudi toting the rock. the defense improves vastly thru the draft and another year in the system and we go deep into the playoffs.

the more i think about it, the more i like the tj signing. i wish it would've gotten done a bit cheaper but oh well. marvin thinks he's worth 3mil a year so i do too.

they are damn close... and yes i dont think tj is a bad siging.. yes i think we over paid.. yes i think warrick will beat him out in camp if he is still on the team.. Personaly where ever he is i think he would probly post a better season then TJ unless he is stuck with the ratbirds. YES I THINK THIS WAS A BAD DEAL BECAUSE HE COUNTS 5 mill against the cap this year accordint to bengals.com he has a front loaded contact. YES I beleive this money would have been better spent on DEFENSE does that make sense to you? or do i need to explain my reasoning further?? thats why i think we got hosed

Guest Patmo
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Mar 3 2005, 11:02 AM']they are damn close... and yes i dont think tj is a bad siging.. yes i think we over paid.. yes i think warrick will beat him out in camp if he is still on the team.. Personaly where ever he is i think he would probly post a better season then TJ unless he is stuck with the ratbirds. YES I THINK THIS WAS A BAD DEAL BECAUSE HE COUNTS 5 mill against the cap this year accordint to bengals.com he has a front loaded contact. YES I beleive this money would have been better spent on DEFENSE does that make sense to you? or do i need to explain my reasoning further?? thats why i think we got hosed
[right][post="55353"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Cat,
I don't agree with you.You stress TJ's low # of TD's which is valid.However,you completely ignore the fact that he gained a thousand yds which kept many drives going a made it possible for others to score td's."figures lie,and liars figure" is an appropriate cliche' in this case.You've completely overlooked yds after the catch in TJ's case to justify your position which imo is unfair.NFL teams didn't overlook TJ's performance and were willing to pay him 300k more per year than his Bengal signed contract.

Your opinion is definitely in the minority when compared to his NFL suitors.Especially those in our division.

Regarding PDUB:it'll be interesting to see what happens to him.Marvin's displeasure with his rehab is ominous for his continuance as a Bengal.

you dont know what tj will do so dont go flapping your gums about next year just yet. i respect your opinion 95% of the time cat, but you know just as much as the next guy does until we see what tj's worth next season on the field, leave it at that.. this he sucks he's great bullshit is getting old and retarded.

we will still draft another reciever due to kdub and pdubs contracts running out at the end of this upcoming season.

with "the almighty" palmer taking the snaps in his sophmore starting season, cj, perry ,rudi,tj and a possibly healthy warrick we have a very dangerous passing game. let tj play his role man point blank id rather pay 3 mil a year for tj than i would 5 mil a year for mason, chad is our number one reciever... mason wouldnt settle for the number 2 or number 3 position neither would warrick!

[quote name='NASTYNATI' date='Mar 4 2005, 01:23 AM']you dont know what tj will do so dont go flapping your gums about next year just yet. i respect your opinion 95% of the time cat, but you know just as much as the next guy does until we see what tj's worth next season on the field, leave it at that.. this he sucks he's great bullshit is getting old and retarded.

we will still draft another reciever due to kdub and pdubs contracts running out at the end of this upcoming season.

with "the almighty" palmer taking the snaps in his sophmore starting season, cj, perry ,rudi,tj and a possibly healthy warrick we have a very dangerous passing game. let tj play his role man point blank id rather pay 3 mil  a year for tj than i would 5 mil a year for mason, chad is our number one reciever... mason wouldnt settle for the number 2 or number 3 position neither would warrick!
[right][post="56057"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

flap flap flap... haha.. nahh seriosly man thats just how i feel about it like tj for what he is. he wasnt worth 3 million in my eyes but he is here now.. My take on it if warrick is healthy he will start over TJ because he will beat him out in camp

Guest mongoloido

The real gem of the article:
[quote]• Fred Smoot, cornerback -- Maybe everyone else sees something I'm missing, but when I hear Smoot already has turned down a $10 million signing bonus from Washington (and wants $14 million), it's a head-scratcher. Smoot plays hard and competes, [b]but watching him gives me the same feeling I got watching Champ Bailey: He's hardly a shutdown corner, and the reputation seems to have outgrown the reality.[/b] I'd rather sign Law, Rolle or Baltimore's Gary Baxter as my free-agent cornerback.[/quote]

I chuckled a lot when I saw someone other than us call out Chump. :P

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Mar 3 2005, 05:41 AM']no the price wasnt acceptable.. he should make about 1- 1.5 a year not 3 we got totaly hosed....
[right][post="55260"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Agreed!!!!

WHO DEY!!!

Archived