1,500 and counting

Guest Bengal_Smoov

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Mar 4 2005, 11:56 AM'][url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=439&hl="]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=439&hl=[/url] <<< WMD THERE BUDDY!
[right][post="56307"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Dude those are the WMD's that we(America) supplied him to gas the Kurds. So by your standards it's ok for Saddam to have WMD's when he's serving us, but when we want to take him down we go after him for the same weapons we gave him. That's like buying drugs from a dealer, then having that dealer call the cops on you for having drugs.

War should be the last result when you're threatened and no other way of conflict resolution is available. The FACTS are that Iraq wasn't a threat to our national security and NO WMD's were found, regardless of what was rumored to be smuggled out. For us to justify the war we needed to find the WMD's and we didn't, in my mind that means failure. It's nice that the Iraqi people are free from a cruel dictator, but I don't want that freedom to come at the expense of American lives or Iraqi lives. We shouldn't be forcing other nations to be democratic, that goes against the idealogy of democracy, imo.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Mar 4 2005, 11:21 AM']Dude those are the WMD's that we(America) supplied him to gas the Kurds.  So by your standards it's ok for Saddam to have WMD's when he's serving us, but when we want to take him down we go after him for the same weapons we gave him.  That's like buying drugs from a dealer, then having that dealer call the cops on you for having drugs. 

War should be the last result when you're threatened and no other way of conflict resolution is available.  The FACTS are that Iraq wasn't a threat to our national security and NO WMD's were found, regardless of what was rumored to be smuggled out.  For us to justify the war we needed to find the WMD's and we didn't, in my mind that means failure.  It's nice that the Iraqi people are free from a cruel dictator, but I don't want that freedom to come at the expense of American lives or Iraqi lives.  We shouldn't be forcing other nations to be democratic, that goes against the idealogy of democracy, imo.
[right][post="56336"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
While it is true we gave Saddam some weapons to fight against Iran in the '80's, I don't think those weapons included mustard gas. Can you link me to some evidence of that assertion?
I think we've learned not to adopt the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" method of foreign policy anymore...it's bitten us too many times...

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Mar 4 2005, 12:15 PM']Did you mean to post this in the "As The Dollar Drops..." thread?
I think you're getting so passionate arguing with Smoov that you're getting your posts mixed up, my dude... :)
[right][post="56329"][/post][/right][/quote]

:D

crack kills :mellow:

:o

:ninja:

Archived