Boldin in a possible trade

Kochman

Cardinals: Boldin, Bennett mentioned in trade rumors

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Thursday, March 3, 2005

News
Cardinals' officials instigated talks with the Vikings regarding a proposed trade that would send wide receiver Anquan Boldin to Minnesota in exchange for running back Michael Bennett and a second-round draft pick, according to KFAN radio, the Vikings' flagship station. The Vikings have a press conference scheduled today, but they are expected to announce the signing of defensive tackle Pat Williams, not a completed trade. If nothing else, head coach Mike Tice might address the trade rumors when he faces the media.

Views
The reporter who discussed the proposed trade insists that he's heard the rumors from sources in Arizona and Minnesota. The move would make sense for both teams, as Bennett would be reunited with head coach Dennis Green, who selected him in the first round of the 2001 draft. Meanwhile, Boldin could help fill the Vikings' void at wide receiver that was created by the Randy Moss trade to the

I wish this trade rumor would have come out before we signed TJ. I would have traded Rudi straight up for Boldin. But I don't know if Rudi is a D. Green type of back. I would obviously much rather had Boldin than TJ.

Guest Matt_Six
Boldin had one hell of a rookie season (remember his first game EVER)

I don't care what other teams do anymore (besides Cleveland, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh). As long as we do things to make us better, I am fine.

I don't know who I would rather have. Boldin definitely had a great rookie season, but then got injured... and he is younger.

Boldin wants to restructure his contract with Arizona? Why?

Guest BlackJesus

[b]Boldin is the best WR on that team and I think a top 10 WR in the game....what the fuck is Green thinking ? :blink: Must be the desert sun [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Mar 3 2005, 03:15 PM'][b]Boldin is the best WR on that team and I think a top 10 WR in the game....what the fuck is Green thinking ?  :blink: Must be the desert sun [/b]
[right][post="55623"][/post][/right][/quote]
they got fitzgerald so there prolly thinkin he'll be a great reciever

[quote name='Matt_Six' date='Mar 3 2005, 04:15 PM'][b]Boldin wants to restructure his contract with Arizona? Why?[/b]
[right][post="55622"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

He was a second round pick and suddenly he was rookie of the year and a top flight reciever he wanted to be paid as such

Guest Matt_Six
what about james and henry now?

with jordan @ LA

JAMES AND HENRY = dolphins and cards

and if bennett goes to cards, where will the other one go?

ANYWAY - rudi isnt going to get traded... who would need another rb now that things are starting to fill out (the signing)

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Mar 3 2005, 04:16 PM']I thought the Cards were trading with Buffolo for Travis Henry???
[right][post="55625"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I read that trade is Dead.

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Mar 3 2005, 03:19 PM']He was a second round pick and suddenly he was rookie of the year and a top flight reciever he wanted to be paid as such
[right][post="55631"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

ah man.. that is wrong -

he has played in one season.. injured in his second

i think that isnt right

he should have to play more than one year to earn that type of money

[quote name='Matt_Six' date='Mar 3 2005, 03:19 PM']what about james and henry now?

with jordan @ LA

JAMES AND HENRY = dolphins and cards

and if bennett goes to cards, where will the other one go?

ANYWAY - rudi isnt going to get traded... who would need another rb now that things are starting to fill out  (the signing)
[right][post="55632"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
if no team is gonna pick up rudi i say we take back the franchise tag before he signs it

Archived