Reds @ Cardinals Series Discussion

Naptown Bengal

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='537968' date='Aug 31 2007, 11:27 PM']Reds lose 8-5 as the bullpen can't hold a lead once again.[/quote]

[i]A former pitcher who's becomming into a power hitting outfielder, could Rick Ankiel be Ruth re-incarnated [/i]:o

Phillips is not happy with Pujols after what happened in the 5th inning when he was trying to turn a double play.

From John Fays blog:
[quote][b]Cards 11, Reds 3 (thems fighting words) [/b]

You've got to admire Brandon Phillips' honesty.

He didn't like the fact that Albert Pujols didn't slide and he said so.

“That shows me has no respect for me,” Phillips said. “He tried to hurt me. If you don’t slide, you try to hurt a player. That taught me a lesson. Lesson learned.

“Just throw it through the (runner). That’s just real talk.”

The play happened as Phillips tried to turn a double play. If he turned it, the Reds get out of the fifth with a 2-1 lead. Instead, they came out of the inning down 5-2.

Phillips tried to talk to Pujols after the play.

“That just let me further know that he doesn't respect me turning a double play,” Phillips said. “From now on, I got to throw the ball through the guy – regardless of who it is.”

Told of Phillips comments, Pujols said: “I play the game hard. I play the game hard every day. Next time, I'll put him into left field.”

Sunday's first pitch is at 2:15 Cincinnati time. I can't wait.[/quote]

[quote name='CTA513' post='538767' date='Sep 2 2007, 12:02 AM']Phillips is not happy with Pujols after what happened in the 5th inning when he was trying to turn a double play.
From John Fays blog:[/quote]

[i]Phillips is becoming one of my favorite players; we need to sign him longterm.[/i]

[quote]Pujols said: “I play the game hard. I play the game hard every day. Next time, I'll put him into left field.”[/quote]

Pooholes is truly an asshole.

Obviously by saying "next time I`ll put him into left field", he is showing that he doesn`t respect Brandon.
If it was because "he plays the game hard everyday", then he would "put him him into left field" everyday.

I really can`t stand him.

Archived