"The Push Off"

old, you would be the one leading the "fuck the back judge" if the roles were reversed...

and yes, most people agree that he was touching jackson, but he didn't gain an advantage from it... even this segment (which hardly ever not back up their fellow refs, considering he said that justin smith's penalty was a valid one) said that he wouldn't have made the call.. for him to say that is the equivalent of him saying "that was a bad call"...

but he will never, ever come out a say that...

who really cares though? we finally caught a break, but it does annoy me to know that the same people defending this call are the same that would be calling for heads if the roles were reversed and we felt that we got screwed on a call that changed the outcome of the game...

i wish they wouldn't have called it, so we could have watched carson light up that defense and win the game in the final seconds... but a win is a win is a win... so who really cares now?

[quote name='bengalrick' post='546477' date='Sep 13 2007, 09:40 AM']old, you would be the one leading the "fuck the back judge" if the roles were reversed...[/quote]

I doubt it. Because the Bengals would have surely scored if given a fresh set of downs at the 5 yard line.

[quote]and yes, most people agree that he was touching jackson, but he didn't gain an advantage from it... even this segment (which hardly ever not back up their fellow refs, considering he said that justin smith's penalty was a valid one) said that he wouldn't have made the call.. for him to say that is the equivalent of him saying "that was a bad call"...[/quote]

Like you said, he said the call against Justin was a good call.
We all know that`s not the case.

[quote]but he will never, ever come out a say that...[/quote]

He said it was a judgement call, and he said Heap pushed off.
A reciever pushes off to gain an advantage.

[quote]who really cares though? we finally caught a break, but it does annoy me to know that the same people defending this call are the same that would be calling for heads if the roles were reversed and we felt that we got screwed on a call that changed the outcome of the game...[/quote]

Wait, if the Back Judge hadn`t thrown the flag, the Ravens would have tied it up,
with about 2 minutes left for Carson to drive down for a winning score.

I don`t think that flag "changed" the outcome.

[quote]i wish they wouldn't have called it, so we could have watched carson light up that defense and win the game in the final seconds... but a win is a win is a win... so who really cares now?[/quote]

Then why are you arguing about it ?

[quote name='oldschooler' post='546480' date='Sep 13 2007, 10:46 AM']I doubt it. Because the Bengals would have surely scored if given a fresh set of downs at the 5 yard line.[/quote]

well that wouldn't exactly be "reversing the roles" then, would it?

[quote]Like you said, he said the call against Justin was a good call. We all know that`s not the case.[/quote]

agreed it was a shitty call... but the point (that you jumped right past) is that he NEVER says anything even remotely close to "i would not have called it"..

[quote]He said it was a judgement call, and he said Heap pushed off.
A reciever pushes off to gain an advantage.[/quote]

if you watch the play in regular speed, he didn't "push" off, he simply had his arm on jackson... if your logic is on, how could he say that he pushed off but didn't get any advantage by it? its not the refs logic that is off on this, its yours...

[quote]Wait, if the Back Judge hadn`t thrown the flag, the Ravens would have tied it up,
with about 2 minutes left for Carson to drive down for a winning score.

I don`t think that flag "changed" the outcome.[/quote]

tying the game up with something like 2 minutes to go wouldn't have changed the outcome? not for sure, but the ravens would have had an opportunity to change the outcome...

[quote]Then why are you arguing about it ?[/quote]

slow day at work :)

[quote name='bengalrick' post='546506' date='Sep 13 2007, 10:39 AM']well that wouldn't exactly be "reversing the roles" then, would it?[/quote]

That play didn`t lose the game for the Ravens.

[quote]agreed it was a shitty call... but the point (that you jumped right past) is that he NEVER says anything even remotely close to "i would not have called it"..[/quote]

It`s a judgement call. In his judgement it wasn`t OPI.
He has shown poor judgement in the past.

[quote]if you watch the play in regular speed, he didn't "push" off, he simply had his arm on jackson... if your logic is on, how could he say that he pushed off but didn't get any advantage by it? its not the refs logic that is off on this, its yours...[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about ?
It`s my logic and the Ref that threw the damn flag`s logic.

It`s not the logic of this asshat that said the call on Justin was a good call
and you.

The dude in that video posted plainly stats at the end, that Heap pushed/warded off Dexter.

Also, I watched the play in regular speed several times.
At first I thought the call was questionable . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='544463' date='Sep 10 2007, 11:23 PM']That call on Heap was questionable. But they had 4 chances from the 5 yard line
to make up for it.[/quote]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='544474' date='Sep 10 2007, 11:32 PM']After watching this highlight video [url="http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG1&game_id=29209"]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&...p;game_id=29209[/url]

I think the call on Heap was less questionable than the call on Madieu was . . .[/quote]

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=35859&pid=544536&st=0&#entry544536"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry544536[/url]

[quote]tying the game up with something like 2 minutes to go wouldn't have changed the outcome? not for sure, but the ravens would have had an opportunity to change the outcome...[/quote]

The outcome was a Bengals win. So no, tying it up, and giving Carson the ball with
2 minutes left wouldn`t have changed that outcome . . . IMO.

[quote]slow day at work :)[/quote]

Slacker.

Archived