"The Push Off"

no one can argue it was a huge pushoff, no one can say thats gonna get called everytime. but you cant argue it didnt give him an advantage, a jump ball type throw in the endzone you push off and the ball clears the defenders fingertips by 4 inches and you say it shouldnt be a penalty? its a clear advantage.
[center]
[img]http://images.go-bengals.com/heap1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.go-bengals.com/heap2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.go-bengals.com/heap3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.go-bengals.com/heap4.jpg[/img][/center]

Great stuff Go...

The first still shot, you could argue that both guys were jockeying for position - good no call.

The 2nd still shot is clearly the PI. Heap goes from his right arm extended in the first shot, to rotating his body and pushing off / pushing Dexter back with his left arm in the 2nd shot. Dexter is not even touching him and clearly has his eyes set on the ball. Actually looks like Heap even used the push of Dexter so he could help change his own momentum and rotate his body to get into position for a catch.

first off, you can only see the beginnings of it, but jackson was grabbing heaps jersey, which was an added rule this year to be called...

second of all, he didn't even really push off...

heres what tj said on sirius about it yesterday: Adam shine: "what do you think of the 'push off' in last nights game?" TJ's answer: "I'd be pissed if I were Todd Heap... but then again they had what, 8 tries to get in so it didn't really matter"

I think CLEARLY if the roles were reversed, we would be pissed (and for good reason)... i'm glad a bad call finally went our way, but the only way to come accrossed as objectable is to call them as you see them, and that simply shouldn't have been a penalty...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='545887' date='Sep 12 2007, 05:45 PM']first off, you can only see the beginnings of it, but jackson was grabbing heaps jersey, which was an added rule this year to be called...

second of all, he didn't even really push off...

heres what tj said on sirius about it yesterday: Adam shine: "what do you think of the 'push off' in last nights game?" TJ's answer: "I'd be pissed if I were Todd Heap... but then again they had what, 8 tries to get in so it didn't really matter"

I think CLEARLY if the roles were reversed, we would be pissed (and for good reason)... i'm glad a bad call finally went our way, but the only way to come accrossed as objectable is to call them as you see them, and that simply shouldn't have been a penalty...[/quote]

this is how I really feel....

[quote]Seems like this call has been on every show I watch...I've seen it a bazillion times...I'm getting tired of it...
what I saw was a little defensive pass interference and at the same time Heap
pushed off slightly to get some seperation...it was kind of a nit picky call but
the refs make the judgement and they called it....sorry about your luck. I'm sure
I would be pissed if a Raven's fan but if their bitching that the call cost
them the game their fucking nuts because we gave them 4 more shots at the endzone
and they still couldn't get it in....not to mention it would have only TIED the game...

I'm just sick of seeing it being broadcasted like the Raven's were totally
screwed...give it a rest bitches!

and Heap....you puss, quit your crying, you got caught...might have been a picky
call but you extended your arms and it appeared to be shoving off...
they saw it....BBWWWAAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAAA

We've had to eat shit calls many times so put your bib on and dig in....[/quote]

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='545893' date='Sep 12 2007, 01:51 PM']this is how I really feel....[/quote]

I dont remember ravens fans being to pissed about TJ getting mugged last year and no Pass Interference call in last years lost.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='545928' date='Sep 12 2007, 01:34 PM']*puts on flameproof overalls*

I didn't think it was OPI at the time and I still don't. Didn't think Madieu held either.

Just sayin'[/quote]

you get no argument from me.

I'll take the win. But it was ticky-tack and I don't like it when the victory is called into question because of a call like that. Feels cheap.

I still think we would have won on a last second FG or in OT, but there will always be that doubt.

[quote name='Actium' post='545935' date='Sep 12 2007, 01:38 PM']you get no argument from me.

I'll take the win. But it was ticky-tack and I don't like it when the victory is called into question because of a call like that. Feels cheap.

I still think we would have won on a last second FG or in OT, but there will always be that doubt.[/quote]
What the lawyer said.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='545928' date='Sep 12 2007, 02:34 PM']*puts on flameproof overalls*

[b]I didn't think it was OPI at the time and I still don't. [/b]Didn't think Madieu held either.

Just sayin'[/quote]
then you dont understand the rules of football.

[quote name='schotzee' post='546033' date='Sep 12 2007, 04:10 PM']You can argue the call being a little wishy washy,but you can not argue that it was not illegal.[/quote]

exactly...

Archived