Reds Spring Training

Guest oldschooler

Guest oldschooler

I have an idea [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img]

Rather than make a thread for EVERY Reds game.
Why don`t we just create 1 THREAD to post our thoughts
scores...whatever ?! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

Reds are 3-2 with another game tonight against the Pirates.

God I wish Opening Day would hurry and arrive. :mellow:

Guest BengalsOwn
This way you don't have a 10 page thread, with people constantly posting the same thing because no one wants to read 10 pages.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Mar 8 2005, 08:47 AM']has griffy been up yet?? if so how is he looking??
[right][post="58432"][/post][/right][/quote]

nope.

But Kearns, Dunn and Aurillia have been swinging some good bats.

[url="http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/stats/cin_springtraining_stats.jsp"]http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...ining_stats.jsp[/url]

Willy Mo hasn`t (yet) he is batting .143 :mellow:

I am stoked for baseball...
...camping in the summer, fishing on the shore of a lake somewhere, cold 6 pack of brews and an old AM radio by my side with Marty/Joe/Steve keeping me company....
Ahhhhhhh....relaxation....

yeah redsox and twins come down and spring train here.. Its cool watch alot of games. got free tickets last year when i still worked at blockbuster cause i hooked up trot nixon with some free rentals... that was the highlight of my baseball season last year i dont watch much of it as it is

ha see what u know man.. redsox twins spring train in Ft. Myers, Fl. they have a stadium down town for boston and the twins play in the miricles (there AAA team). So honestly its like a 10 minute drive to either.. i was trying to get down to the yankees redsox game yesterday couldnt get a ticket though and i wasnt down with the inflated price

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Mar 8 2005, 09:47 AM']has griffy been up yet?? if so how is he looking??
[right][post="58432"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I guess he's going to be doing some DH'ing pretty soon.

I remember it being a big deal because the Pirates refused to let the Reds use a DH in their next game.

Guest bengalrick
bump... lets keep all bengals spring training games to one thread guys... like OS said [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

I am excited by the possibility of the Reds actually contending for the division this year...I am going to grab my son, a flask and head to Great American MANY times this year...what a great ballpark...I love it there...

Baseball is almost surreal to me. Sounds (crack of the bat, the swelling of cheers and jeers, vendors cries, fireworks...), Smells and tastes (popcorn, hot dogs, peanuts, frothy overpriced beer), Visuals (intense colors, the brightness of the uber-green, perfectly manicured field at a night game, the contrast of the infield vs the outfield...)

I love that game. Some may complain about the pace of the game of baseball but they miss the point all together by complaining about it...I love it...

Guest bengalrick
i can't wait to check out the hall of fame...

i only went to one game last year and made a fatal mistake... i went there on an empty stomach, stopped by the concesson stands to get some pizza and a beer, for me and my wife... i forgot how much everything was and by the second inning, after another round of beers, i was tapped out of cash... i left shortly after and swore i wouldn't go to another reds game until it was worth watching them..

i can't wait to go this year... good job uncle carl;)

some random observations from spring training...

everyone with the last name of lopez looked really impressive on defense, griffey hit a rocket right at the first basemen on his first at bat and i think grounded out on his next at bat, he got a rbi today but hes only batted a few times, he was making good contact at the plate but he never sprinted, hes only jogging around the bases, stratton is fuckin huge, he looks like giambi, and has hit at least 3 homers within the week, dunn is going to break the damn strikeout record again, kearns is ugly and needs a haircut, ben weber has the jerkiest delivery i have ever seen but he is good regardless, milton is not an overpowering pitcher but he has the talent to take care of business, he is a solid pitcher and can be very very good at times, but he is not untouchable

Guest oldschooler

I know it is still a long way til Opening Day (21 days)...
But damn I hope our pitching is better tha what they
have been the past 4 games ! They have allowed 48 runs
the past 4 games !

Philadelphia 10
Pittsburgh 13
Pittsburgh 15
Cleveland 10

[u]ALL LOSSES[/u]

Dayum ! :blink:

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Mar 14 2005, 01:50 PM']I know it is still a long way til Opening Day (21 days)...
But damn I hope our pitching is better tha what they
have been the past 4 games ! They have allowed 48 runs
the past 4 games !
Philadelphia  10
Pittsburgh  13
Pittsburgh 15
Cleveland  10
[u]ALL LOSSES[/u]

Dayum !  :blink:
[right][post="61920"][/post][/right][/quote]

I can't motivated for the Reds, actually lost all interest in baseball altogether :(

Baseball is broken and it won't be fixed until people just stop showing up

Guest oldschooler

The Yankees had 90 hits... 10 errors and lost 6 -3 :huh: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Wrap Box Final
------------1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Cincinnati 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 6 10 2

NY Yankees 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 3 90 10

[url="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/scoreboard/spring_scoreboard.jsp?ymd=20050318"]http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/scoreboa...sp?ymd=20050318[/url]

[quote name='The J Dub' date='Mar 18 2005, 07:01 AM']Yeah that happened once in the 90's but whats broke about it now?
[right][post="64158"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

The Bostons and the New Yorks have it locked up! Small market teams can't compete

I guess if you're a Red Sox or a Yankee fan its not broke!

[quote name='Storm' date='Mar 20 2005, 09:11 AM']The Bostons and the New Yorks have it locked up!  Small market teams can't compete

I guess if you're a Red Sox or a Yankee fan its not broke!
[right][post="65000"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

what are you talking about??

The A's, Angels, and Twins were all small market teams out of the A.L. when they have all made thier respective runs in the past couple of years... The reds have a chance because we have a lot of talented young guys (dunn, kearns, freel, pena, etc...) and it's not killing our salary numbers... It's not always about how much you pay players or how big your market is, it's how those players play the game and what type of production they put out...

[quote name='Pdub#1' date='Mar 22 2005, 12:52 PM']Can't forget about the Marlins in 97 or 03, small market what?....
Reds vs. Boston 6:05 Fox Sports Net Ohio tonight!
[right][post="65922"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

yea but the marlins went out and bought those championships both years...

Tough to do winning 2 World Series in 10 years of existence. Hard to buy a team that good so quickly. The players from 97 champs made names for themselves. Renteria, Al Leiter, Kevin Brown,Castillo and some other players. But defiantly small market compared to Yankees and Red Sox

Archived