questions about DHL *modified to include Dell and Fedex

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='557105' date='Sep 24 2007, 10:38 PM']Mysteriously Dell left an automated message saying that my machine wasn't going to ship out. For just replacing the memory it is turning into a longer turn around. Apparently their is some part on 'back order' that they are waiting for. I hope they get this shit taken care of.[/quote]

i would call and bitch again... youll either get a new machine, or a sweet gift card or something.

id go off with some "dhl loses it, lies to me, you guys BS me, and now RAM is backordered, how is a computer company out of RAM..." etc...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='557139' date='Sep 24 2007, 09:45 PM']i would call and bitch again... youll either get a new machine, or a sweet gift card or something.

id go off with some "dhl loses it, lies to me, you guys BS me, and now RAM is backordered, how is a computer company out of RAM..." etc...[/quote]

I may have to do that....but I'm pretty sure that it isnt' the RAM which is what I told them initially. It just fucking pisses me off because the tech I was talking to looked this shit up and told me it was scheduled to ship monday.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='557162' date='Sep 25 2007, 12:17 AM']I may have to do that....but I'm pretty sure that it isnt' the RAM which is what I told them initially. It just fucking pisses me off because the tech I was talking to looked this shit up and told me it was scheduled to ship monday.[/quote]

yea, call em up.. get some free shit...

Okay, was supposed to ship this last Monday, something got backordered and a tech told me Weds that it would ship "tomorrow, Friday at the latest." Fucking machine hasn't shipped. I told them that they needed to get it to me now or send me a new machine with at least equal specs. I'm pissed. Don't we have someone on the board that works for dell?

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='559121' date='Sep 28 2007, 08:27 PM']Okay, was supposed to ship this last Monday, something got backordered and a tech told me Weds that it would ship "tomorrow, Friday at the latest." Fucking machine hasn't shipped. I told them that they needed to get it to me now or send me a new machine with at least equal specs. I'm pissed. Don't we have someone on the board that works for dell?[/quote]

i almost worked for the dell parts shipping center near union centre once.. and decded like $9/hr wasnt my thing.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='560222' date='Oct 1 2007, 05:59 PM']Machine arrived today. I was waiting on a backordered video card 256MB flavor. I paid for a 256 and had one in the orginal machine. They replaced it with a 128MB one. I'm pissed.[/quote]
Dell just returned your PC to you with an inferior video card? :o

That takes some balls, right there.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='560483' date='Oct 1 2007, 04:49 PM']Yeah, by the time I was done teaching my first two classes this morning there was a message on my phone and an email message. I contacted a rep that I'd been dealing with directly. I'll keep you posted. I'm hoping they'll at least extend my warranty after they put my new card in.[/quote]

It also really fucking pisses me off that I didn't have my machine for an extra week because they ordered the wrong damn part and that was backordered.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='560490' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:58 PM']It also really fucking pisses me off that I didn't have my machine for an extra week because they ordered the wrong damn part and that was backordered.[/quote]
Can't say I blame you. They need to come up with something for you after that kind of a fuckup.

For what it costs them (next to nothing) they should have given you a damn 512 video card and just sent it out asap.

Okay, I have another question...I hope it doesn't get lost (should I post this in another thread?). Dell shipped me another box (via fedex this time). When I log into my account it lists this under an order number. The strange thing is that it says there are 2 packages with 2 tracking numbers. One was delivered to me today, but the other one hasn't been.

I thought it might be the return tracking number, but the return label is DHL ( :angry: ) and it doesn't match. It seems longer than a fed ex tracking number (yet the information says it is fedex) It actually seems like a standard USPS tracking number. But none of these say it has shipped. Any ideas what this might be?

Archived