questions about DHL *modified to include Dell and Fedex

Anyone had to ship a machine to dell for repairs? I shipped it off Friday and it was supposed to be overnight service. The tracking says that it is 'on hold' in Utah. Anybody work for DHL or have experience with DHL...Anyone have any idea why the hell it would be 'on hold'?

On a side note Dell thinks (via online support) that my intermitent problems are the MB going bad. It is still under warrenty. Damn I want my machine back.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='550795' date='Sep 17 2007, 10:22 PM']Anyone had to ship a machine to dell for repairs? I shipped it off Friday and it was supposed to be overnight service. The tracking says that it is 'on hold' in Utah. Anybody work for DHL or have experience with DHL...Anyone have any idea why the hell it would be 'on hold'?

On a side note Dell thinks (via online support) that my intermitent problems are the MB going bad. It is still under warrenty. Damn I want my machine back.[/quote]
I work for a cargo airline that deals with the majority of DHL's domestic freight. If it is on hold than more than likely it missed the plane. It should make the next days service. Most of their freight is sorted in Wilmington Ohio. It should come from there when it makes it in. Good LUck.

[quote name='The_Joker' post='550818' date='Sep 17 2007, 08:28 PM']I work for a cargo airline that deals with the majority of DHL's domestic freight. If it is on hold than more than likely it missed the plane. It should make the next days service. Most of their freight is sorted in Wilmington Ohio. It should come from there when it makes it in. Good LUck.[/quote]

Thanks for the info (even though it sucks that it missed a plane) I've had Gateways fixed before and they had them turned fixed and turned around to me pretty quickly.

Can you do me a favor?...let me know if you see it come through. It'll be the box...brown...made of cardboard :)

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='550850' date='Sep 17 2007, 10:35 PM']Thanks for the info (even though it sucks that it missed a plane) I've had Gateways fixed before and they had them turned fixed and turned around to me pretty quickly.

[b]Can you do me a favor?...let me know if you see it come through. It'll be the box...brown...made of cardboard :)[/b][/quote]

i laughed out loud at this... figured i'd let you know

Damn computer is still sitting in SLC...So I called DHL today and the guarenteed that it would be delivered tomorrow (3 days late). I'm going to be raising hell if he was lying tome. It didn't help that he told me initally that I should be dealing with Dell. I told him it was bullshit since the tracking information indicated that DHL still had it. I'm pissed.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='552058' date='Sep 18 2007, 11:09 PM']Please tell me that they'd get it straightened out.[/quote]
Since the DHL buyout of Airborne Express service levels have sucked ass. If DHL don't fix that shit they will never compete with UPS or Fed Ex.

Always request Fed Ex if you have a choice

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='552058' date='Sep 18 2007, 11:09 PM']Please tell me that they'd get it straightened out.[/quote]

ha, eventually, we would get parts of orders a week later, made paperwork and inventory receiving a bitch.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='552627' date='Sep 19 2007, 07:37 PM']DHL sucks ASS...called today. They think it is in their warehouse and they are looking for it. Tomorrow I call and ask them what I need to do in order to have Dell charge them for my new computer.[/quote]

nice

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='553258' date='Sep 20 2007, 06:41 PM']Second time DHL lied to me. Told me they'd call me with an update by noon today (nothing at all). Called Dell (kick ass guy named John is helping me). If my computer is still MIA on Monday, they are sending me a New machine.[/quote]

nice

Just throwing out another question. This machine is about 6 months old, anyone have experience with Dell replacing a machine. Sounds like they would replace my 6400 with a Vistro. Are they likely to mactch the specs (at least). I'm worried that I won't be getting a core duo 1.7 / 256 mb vid card / and my 15.4 inch screen. I'm hoping that since it isn't a very old machine, that they'll go ahead an give me something comperable. Anybody?

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='553434' date='Sep 21 2007, 12:30 AM']Just throwing out another question. This machine is about 6 months old, anyone have experience with Dell replacing a machine. Sounds like they would replace my 6400 with a Vistro. Are they likely to mactch the specs (at least). I'm worried that I won't be getting a core duo 1.7 / 256 mb vid card / and my 15.4 inch screen. I'm hoping that since it isn't a very old machine, that they'll go ahead an give me something comperable. Anybody?[/quote]

youll definetly get an equal or better machine.

Looks like they found my machine and I should have it back Tuesday. The tech told me that the replaced the memory (This has me concerned that I'm going to have to send it in again, Because I already did that. We'll see though. Bummer, I was kind of getting used to the idea of getting a new machine.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='553809' date='Sep 21 2007, 06:33 PM']Looks like they found my machine and I should have it back Tuesday. The tech told me that the replaced the memory (This has me concerned that I'm going to have to send it in again, Because I already did that. We'll see though. Bummer, I was kind of getting used to the idea of getting a new machine.[/quote]

that sucks... hopefully it works tho.

i work in an industry where we ship 100's of thousands of dollors of merchandise a week. and my company just dropped dhl because of mysterious loss or stolen packages. even the dhl guy that comes into my store says that he hates the company and doesnt trust them, but he makes great money from the merge.

[quote name='runrudirun' post='554445' date='Sep 23 2007, 12:07 AM']i work in an industry where we ship 100's of thousands of dollors of merchandise a week. and my company just dropped dhl because of mysterious loss or stolen packages. even the dhl guy that comes into my store says that he hates the company and doesnt trust them, but he makes great money from the merge.[/quote]

I can believe that they lose packages like crazy. I'm going to be sure to voice my displeasure with dell again before I'm done with things. Customer service sucks and it seems like they are told that they should just tell people anything to keep them placated. If I can help it, I will never use them again. Just horrible service.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='554529' date='Sep 23 2007, 11:04 AM']I can believe that they lose packages like crazy. I'm going to be sure to voice my displeasure with dell again before I'm done with things. Customer service sucks and it seems like they are told that they should just tell people anything to keep them placated. If I can help it, I will never use them again. Just horrible service.[/quote]

you know the second dell put in the $1200 insurance claim on the lost package they found that motherfucker INSTANTLY... we had entire boxes of phones stolen from dhl when i was at TMo. every shipment, the receiving center would dock the store, it was a NIGHTMARE..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='556236' date='Sep 23 2007, 08:46 PM']you know the second dell put in the $1200 insurance claim on the lost package they found that motherfucker INSTANTLY... we had entire boxes of phones stolen from dhl when i was at TMo. every shipment, the receiving center would dock the store, it was a NIGHTMARE..[/quote]

No shit, I didn't even think about it that way. It probably didn't help that I was all over DHL as well. That reminds me...I need to change where I'm having it delivered (work) instead of home.

Archived