Wiggins would be a legitimate TE receiving threat and I would love to have him.
I have always liked Pollard but recently wondered if his production was more a product of the system (and QB!) than inherent talent, which may have masked any deficiencies he may have had.

Dunno...we sure could use ANY upgrade at the TE position though...if for no other reason than to simply jettison Kelly's massive salary and use that money elsewhere...

I was never sold on adding Pollard. He's been a good player, but he's just hitting the age where his effectiveness is dropping.

Wiggins is tempting...But deep down, I just don't know if he's any better than Schobel. He did put up good numbers last year, but let's face it...The Vikings Offense was very potent as well.

I think making a bid on Bubba Franks would still be the best bet to get a FA who can make receptions AND block. But considering the amount of $$ spent on offense...I don't see that happening now.

It's time for Bresnahan to ask Marvin to throw a little more love ([b]$$[/b]) towards the D.

BZ

[quote name='BigCatLemmer' date='Mar 8 2005, 01:39 AM']Don't know if this is posted already or not, but Detroit signed free agent TE Marcus Pollard from Indianapolis.  I still think we go after Jermaine Wiggins and then we can cut Kelly, Schoebel and or Stewart to get some cap space.
[right][post="58347"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I totally agree with you here. Wiggins is a monster that can go down the field and get the ball. The guy is just build like a house on wheels. To me he would be the best option at TE right now, but I have a feeling Marvin has settled with the offense right now and is looking for defensive help. Although I too see the need for having a complete TE, I think the defense is going to be the main concern for the rest of FA after dumping money into TJ and Rudi.

Archived