Houshmandzadeh contract details

Bengals | Houshmandzadeh Contract Breakdown - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 05:56:55 -0800

Updating previous reports, the four-year deal WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh signed with the Cincinnati Bengals has base salaries of $1.025 million (2005), $1.925 million (2006), $2.125 million (2007) and $2.525 million (2008).

Guest reggiemyles_4_vp
[quote name='dr0gonzo' date='Mar 9 2005, 06:00 PM']Bengals | Houshmandzadeh Contract Breakdown - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 05:56:55 -0800

Updating previous reports, the four-year deal WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh signed with the Cincinnati Bengals has base salaries of $1.025 million (2005), $1.925 million (2006), $2.125 million (2007) and $2.525 million (2008).
[right][post="59486"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
So that means he got around a 5.5 million bonus?

I wonder what his cap hit will be from year to year. Does that site have that?

Guest oldschooler
[img]http://www.guaranteedlifelong.com/over_paid_online_dot_com.jpg[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Mar 9 2005, 05:20 PM'][img]http://www.guaranteedlifelong.com/over_paid_online_dot_com.jpg[/img]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]
[right][post="59499"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i don't think he's overpaid. after all, stokley received a 5 year 17 some odd million dollar deal and he's a #3 receiver. compared to that, housh's deal doesn't seem that bad.

Guest BengalsOwn
They didn't say his cap hit was 5 million this year, that's just how much his salary and bonus will be paid to him this year.

The cap hit from the bonus is spread out among the length of the contract, well actually it is spread out through the remaining years of the current CBA.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='the donkey slayer' date='Mar 9 2005, 05:38 PM']i don't think he's overpaid.  after all, stokley received a 5 year 17 some odd million dollar deal and he's a #3 receiver.  compared to that, housh's deal doesn't seem that bad.
[right][post="59514"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Stokely had more yards with less catches than TJ did.
He had 5 more TD`s (10) than TJ has in 4 years (5) ...he has 15 more TD`s
and almost double the yards with only 15 more catches in his career
than what TJ has...

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Mar 9 2005, 05:47 PM']Stokely had more yards with less catches than TJ did.
than what TJ has...
[right][post="59523"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

he also has peyton manning in his prime tossing him the ball. all i'm saying is that if tj earns the #2 spot it'll be at a lower rate than the colts #3 wr. same logic if tj earns the #3 spot. tj's deal seems like a fair market price to me.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='the donkey slayer' date='Mar 9 2005, 05:51 PM']he also has peyton manning in his prime tossing him the ball.  all i'm saying is that if tj earns the #2 spot it'll be at a lower rate than the colts #3 wr.  same logic if tj earns the #3 spot.  tj's deal seems like a fair market price to me.
[right][post="59531"][/post][/right][/quote]

Stokely didn`t get paid because of who was throwing him the ball.
He got paid because he has produced. And what does Manning throwing him
the ball have to do with a 15+ yard per catch average ?

The Colts have 3 WR`s that are BETTER than TJ.
But so do the Bengals :lol:

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Mar 9 2005, 06:00 PM']And what does Manning throwing him
[right][post="59540"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

seems like a ridiculous statement. are you saying that a qb has nothing to do with a receivers stats?

if boller is stokley's qb he's not putting up the same numbers.

i realize you're not the biggest tj fan but don't let it effect your sense of reason.

Guest bengalrick
this is far from overpaid... he is going to make a good base salary, and he will have to hit esculators...

sounds great to me... keep the core together, and we didn't break the bank...

Guest CTBengalsFan

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Mar 9 2005, 07:00 PM']Stokely didn`t get paid because of who was throwing him the ball.

But so do the Bengals  :lol:
[right][post="59540"][/post][/right][/quote]

rofl, you complain about TJ getting paid for only having one good season, at least he's only had 3 total seasons (not counting 2003), Stokley has had 6 seasons ending up with 28, 188, 344, 357, 211, and finally 1077 yards.

You see, the Colts realized that he fits into the system and will CONTINUE to produce, even if this was his only good season, just like the Bengals with TJ.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Mar 9 2005, 07:00 PM']Stokely didn`t get paid because of who was throwing him the ball.

But so do the Bengals  :lol:
[right][post="59540"][/post][/right][/quote]

Everything you just said reeks of stupidity. Just stop now.

^
|

Anyway, I doubted our decision-making when I say that we made the deal, but this is actually great.

I don't think TJ was bluffing when he said he could have gotten more money, either

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='#22' date='Mar 9 2005, 08:39 PM']^
|

Anyway, I doubted our decision-making when I say that we made the deal, but this is actually great.

I don't think TJ was bluffing when he said he could have gotten more money, either
[right][post="59593"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Marvin Lewis himself said that TJ took less money to stay in Cincinnati.

stokely isnt made better as much by manning as he is by the better two receivers ahead of him, if warrick is healthy i think TJ will reotate as a #2 with him, and essentially be the #3, i also think after next year he will be a perminant #3 or replaced, mostly likely at perminant #3 as to not take a large cap hit from the bonus (over 4 mil would hit at once if he is released or traded after 1 year) i have no doubts that he can be a valuable #3, a great #3 at that. and in 2 years his price will be good for a #3. i think with the potential we have in carson and having CJ as a weapon, in not immediately, then soon, the #2 is going to require a higher level of talent than Tj can offer. he has had 2+ season of crap, and > 1 season of good play, we can continue to argue both sides until we die but the only way to find out whats real is when camp and the season hit, i would love to see another decent pick WR in the draft to make everyone on the team work for thier spot.

i will stop hating Tj if:

A: he never ever returns anoher kick of any kind
B: doesnt fuck up and plays better than he did last year

thats all i ask.

I just hope TJ's recent success isn't because it was a contract year...
I WANT him to do well, as I do for all the players on our team...
I guess I'm getting tired of all the back-and-forth about TJ...
I just want to win...

And yeah, Go, no more kick returns...he might get hurt and he's far too valuable for that...
:lol:

I'm JOKING!!!

Guest oldschooler
1st off ...I didn`t bring Stokely into the conversation.
But if you think a guy that has double the yardage and
quadurple the TD`s making pretty much the same as TJ
is "worse" then you all need to take off the homer googles.
Anyway I think Stokely is overpaid TOO ...

If the Bengals paid Rudi $27 million for 4 years...
people would be screaming we over paid. But compared
to Lamont Jordan`s deal... he would look like a steal !
Same difference ...when you compare TJ to Stokely....

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Mar 9 2005, 07:10 PM']Everything you just said reeks of stupidity. Just stop now.
[right][post="59577"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

What was stupid ? The fact that he avearged 15+ yards a catch ?
The fact that the Colts have 3 WR`s that are better than TJ ?
Or that the Bengals have CJ,P-Dub and Kelley Washigton who all
are better than TJ ?

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Mar 9 2005, 11:44 PM']1st off ...I didn`t bring Stokely into the conversation.
But if you think a guy that has double the yardage and
quadurple the TD`s making pretty much the same as TJ
is "worse" then you all need to take off the homer googles.
Anyway I think Stokely is overpaid TOO ...

If the Bengals paid Rudi $27 million for 4 years...
people would be screaming we over paid. But compared
to Lamont Jordan`s deal... he would look like a steal !
Same difference ...when you compare TJ to Stokely....
What was stupid ? The fact that he avearged 15+ yards a catch ?
The fact that the Colts have 3 WR`s that are better than TJ ?
[b]Or that the Bengals have CJ,P-Dub and Kelley Washigton who all
are better than TJ ?[/b]
[right][post="59710"][/post][/right][/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Mar 9 2005, 10:27 PM']stokely isnt made better as much by manning as he is by the better two receivers ahead of him, if warrick is healthy i think TJ will reotate as a #2 with him, and essentially be the #3, i also think after next year he will be a perminant #3 or replaced, mostly likely at perminant #3 as to not take a large cap hit from the bonus (over 4 mil would hit at once if he is released or traded after 1 year) i have no doubts that he can be a valuable #3, a great #3 at that. and in 2 years his price will be good for a #3. i think with the potential we have in carson and having CJ as a weapon, in not immediately, then soon, the #2 is going to require a higher level of talent than Tj can offer. he has had 2+ season of crap, and > 1 season of good play, we can continue to argue both sides until we die but the only way to find out whats real is when camp and the season hit, i would love to see another decent pick WR in the draft to make everyone on the team work for thier spot.

i will stop hating Tj if:

A: he never ever returns anoher kick of any kind
B: doesnt fuck up and plays better than he did last year

thats all i ask.
[right][post="59652"][/post][/right][/quote]

:o

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img]

btw go, i was surprised to hear it, but wr is ahead of te on our "to get list" in the draft... we might find a gem in the third or fourth, and i have faith he will turn out...

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='oldschooler' date='Mar 9 2005, 07:47 PM']Stokely had more yards with less catches than TJ did.
than what TJ has...
[right][post="59523"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

He played in a dome, in a pass heavy offense, opposite a hall of fame wide receiver, catching balls from a guy hunting Marinos QB records. Seems like some serious differences for stats comparisons to mean much.

Archived