Chad and the Drops....

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='588683' date='Nov 8 2007, 02:37 AM']Kenny (like Rudi) was doing shit in the running game against Buffalo though.

I agree that I would have liked to have run a little more in the pissburgh game, but there is a world of difference being down 2 TD's to the Jets and sticking with the run, and being down 2 td's to the stealers and sticking with the run. Further, we could do it against the Jets because we were shutting down Thomas Jones. They couldn't grind out the clock like pissburgh can. Not to mention that pissburgh had a hell of a lot better Run D.

We only had 6 possessions in the entire game against pissburgh. We had to score, and score relatively quickly.[/quote]
He had 4 carries. Four.

How was he supposed to do more than "shit" as you put it, with 4 carries?

Go back and re-watch the game. Rudi hesitated and missed holes that Watson would have hit.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='588687' date='Nov 7 2007, 10:42 PM']He had 4 carries. Four.

How was he supposed to do more than "shit" as you put it, with 4 carries?

Go back and re-watch the game. Rudi hesitated and missed holes that Watson would have hit.[/quote]

And 90 yards on what 6 touches/receptions, in what amounts to a long handoff? The dude produces when he gets his hands on the ball. Carson was right last year when he lobbied for him.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='588722' date='Nov 7 2007, 10:57 PM']And 90 yards on what 6 touches/receptions,[b] in what amounts to a long handoff? [/b] The dude produces when he gets his hands on the ball. Carson was right last year when he lobbied for him.[/quote]

thats a stretch, the QB has dropped back so have the linebackers and the holes the DL was attempting to "clog" for run lanes, LB's drop, safety drops, and dump off, leaving only the guy covering the back out of the backfield to beat, instead of 4-6 guys who seconds ago had their eye on you.

i agree watson has done more this year, but not the last 4 years...

clearly rudi isnt our answer at RB, we drafted 2 replacements for him already, i think we go to next year with watson, perry and irons... and jeremi still..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='588767' date='Nov 8 2007, 02:43 PM']the inconsistancy isnt anything new, but typically its not getting open or "trying" instead of dropping catches. i think the negative pub is getting in his head..[/quote]

Yeah, the bad publicity has got to be fucking him with him. And to be honest, as a fellow human being, I feel sorry for the guy. The media in Cincinnati has driven him away. I just hope we can get him back. Chad needs to be Chad. No matter how much you hate it. When he's 85 he's tough to beat. Right now he's nothing. Not too many things worse than having your spirit broken. Wouldn't surprise me to see him get a hot streak going and give the finger to the bandwagoners that are crucifying him right now.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='588776' date='Nov 8 2007, 01:00 AM']Yeah, the bad publicity has got to be fucking him with him. [b]And to be honest, as a fellow human being, I feel sorry for the guy.[/b] The media in Cincinnati has driven him away. I just hope we can get him back. Chad needs to be Chad. No matter how much you hate it. When he's 85 he's tough to beat. Right now he's nothing. Not too many things worse than having your spirit broken. Wouldn't surprise me to see him get a hot streak going and give the finger to the bandwagoners that are crucifying him right now.
MULLY[/quote]

o-k

if your going to talk as much shit as he does and boast to be the best as he does, you should probably be mentally capable of taking the lumps for sucking the ass when you do. otherwise, thats your problem and should probably shut the hell up to begin with.

Chad doing well:

IM THE BEST
NO ONE CAN STOP ME
I WANNA BE BETTER THAN RICE
HOF BITCHES!
NO ONE CAN STOP 85!!!
ANOTHA YEAR, SAME QUESTION, who can STOP 85?!?!

chad not winning:

i aint talkin to nobody!
opposing media only!
you jerks ask mean questions!
MEANIES!!!!!!

chad needs to grow a pair...suck it up... and be a grown up for once. he shouldnt have to have someone right behind him pushing him through hishard times. seems a relative or coach or someone pushed him through life, according to his bio video thing a few years back, and now he has to be on his own and responsible for ALL of his actions, and he just wants to be a kid 24.7 blow al lhis money, ask for more, blow it again, ask for more.

i think a lot of people stopped trying to be chads babysitter a while ago...

its grownup time.

the rest of this season will speak volumes for the type of players we have, its going to be ugly, really ugly, and the media, local and remote, are going to be eating people up.

chad is the only palyer i cant see weathering it like a pro.

Archived