Steinbach

New Jersey Bengal

[quote name='Bunghole' post='612056' date='Dec 20 2007, 09:58 PM']They aren't mad at each other...misery loves company...they are mad because we are losing (TJ), or because we are losing and the spotlight isn't shining on our supposed "brightest star" (Chad).
They both need to look in the mirror![/quote]

I agree but that is NOT what lap said. He said they no longer get along and are no longer speaking to each other -------- he said this Monday night and it simply is NOT true.

Hell, CJ called TJ and informed him he had made teh pro bowl even before TJ knew he had made it.

[quote][size=5][b]Steinbach has an admiration society in Cincinnati [/b][/size]
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Mary Kay Cabot
Plain Dealer Reporter

The Bengals have been vocal this week about the absence of guard Eric Steinbach, who signed a 7-year, $49.5 million contract with the Browns in the off-season.

"We miss him a lot," said quarterback Carson Palmer. "He was probably the most productive offensive lineman we had. He brought a lot of attitude to the game and obviously athleticism, good feet and we ran screens with him very well and a power play with him very well. He's missed here."

What makes it worse is that Steinbach defected to Cleveland.

"You never want to lose one of your best players to a division team, but we have no control over that," said Palmer. "Cleveland knew what they were doing. They knew what they were getting, who they were taking him from. You never want to lose a player that has that much of an impact on a game like Eric did. You knew that he was going to make another team better wherever he went because he is that good of a player."

The Bengals thought so much of Steinbach that some of them, including Bengals defensive lineman Bryan Robinson, voted for him to go to the Pro Bowl. He's an alternate for the second straight year.

"Eric is one of the bigger reasons they are running the ball successfully and protecting the quarterback," Robinson told the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Steinbach was excused from practice Friday for a personal reason, but is expected back for the game.

[b]Rudi out: [/b]

The Browns got a big break Friday when Bengals running back Rudi Johnson was ruled out with a pulled hamstring. Johnson has averaged 137.3 yards rushing against the Browns in the last six meetings, and in the last three at Paul Brown Stadium, he's averaged 172 yards and scored five TDs. In the first meeting this season, Johnson gained 118 yards on 23 carries.

The Bengals are also hurting at safety. Starting free safety Madieu Williams, who was set to cover Kellen Winslow, is doubtful with a quad injury and did not practice Friday. Strong safety Dexter Jackson is questionable with a pulled calf muscle. Also, starting right tackle Willie Anderson is questionable with a knee injury.

[b]Bodden hopeful: [/b]

Cornerback Leigh Bodden returned to practice Friday on a limited basis with his back spasms and is listed as probable.

"I just had to take a day off and I'm good," he said. "I'll be out there full go. I don't plan on missing a game. That was my goal this year to play 16 games and I'm two games away."

Bodden has been reluctant to talk about his back problems this season, but they've [spasms] been bothering him most of the year and have been worse at times than he's willing to let on.

[b]Peek questionable:[/b]

Linebacker Antwan Peek was limited Friday and is listed as questionable, but plans to return from the high ankle sprain that caused him to miss last week.

"It feels a lot better," said Peek, a Cincinnati alum and native. "I've got about 40 people coming to the game, so I have to play. You can't have them come down wearing my jersey in the stands and not be out there."

In other Browns injuries, nose tackle Ethan Kelley was added to the list as questionable with a knee injury and was limited.

[b]Lewis vs. Cincy: [/b]

Jamal Lewis, who rushed for 216 yards in the first meeting against Cincinnati, has more 100-yard rushing games and rushing TDs against the Bengals than any other team. In his 12 games, he's rushed for 100 yards or more on nine occasions, including seven consecutive games from 2000-04. Overall, he's rushed for 1,459 yards on 263 carries (5.5 avg.) and 10 TDs.

The Bengals are 24th against the run this season and Lewis has rushed for 100 or more in three of his last four games.

"I'm sure they're going to come out and be over-aggressive against the run," Lewis said. "They've had their adjustments from what I've seen on film to the run. The last four or five games, they've been pretty good."

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter: mcabot@plaind.com, 216-999-4670[/quote]

[url="http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/119831615053430.xml&coll=2"]http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindeale....xml&coll=2[/url]

Archived