Predictions for the NC game

dieselman44

[quote name='IKOTA' post='620363' date='Jan 8 2008, 11:38 AM']:lol:

Agree to disagree it is[/quote]

even if you don't want to think he hit Boeckman's helmet, since when is clotheslining a QB legal?

[img]http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0107/ncf_u_boeckman_crushed_300.jpg[/img]

You can't look at that picture and tell me that looks legal.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='620366' date='Jan 8 2008, 02:10 PM']even if you don't want to think he hit Boeckman's helmet, since when is clotheslining a QB legal?

[img]http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0107/ncf_u_boeckman_crushed_300.jpg[/img]

You can't look at that picture and tell me that looks legal.[/quote]

So now it's a clothesline? Highsmith made a good play on Boeckman.......yes it was close, but IMO it was a good play. I think 75-80 out of 100 unbiased observers would agree. You seem to be one of the 20-25 that disagree......and that's fine. OSU should be pretty good next year, maybe we see a rematch???

[quote name='IKOTA' post='620397' date='Jan 8 2008, 12:15 PM']So now it's a clothesline? Highsmith made a good play on Boeckman.......yes it was close, but IMO it was a good play. I think 75-80 out of 100 unbiased observers would agree. You seem to be one of the 20-25 that disagree......and that's fine. OSU should be pretty good next year, maybe we see a rematch???[/quote]

I wouldn't bet on a rematch at this point. Both teams are likely losing a shit ton of talent.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='620398' date='Jan 8 2008, 02:47 PM']I wouldn't bet on a rematch at this point. Both teams are likely losing a shit ton of talent.[/quote]

Even though they are replenishing the lost with the new talent, it is an unlikely scenario. Maybe OSU vs Georgia next year?

[quote name='IKOTA' post='620404' date='Jan 8 2008, 12:26 PM']Even though they are replenishing the lost with the new talent, it is an unlikely scenario. Maybe OSU vs Georgia next year?[/quote]

If Georgia can get by Florida. I think USC will drop off with the loss of Booty and all the defensive talent. Has Dennis Dixon declared?

For OSU, it depends on if any of the offense leaves, and if Boeckman matures mentally. Defensively, they'll reload even if they lose the juniors. Gholston will be replaced by Wilson, who was in Heyward's spot before he got hurt. Jenkins will be replaced easy, and I think some stud LB's are coming in (as always) to replace Laurinaitis.

Also depends on how Illinois does. I'd say they'd be a top 10 team, but losing Mendenhall is really going to hurt. There's still quite a bit of talent on that offense though.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='620408' date='Jan 8 2008, 03:01 PM']If Georgia can get by Florida. I think USC will drop off with the loss of Booty and all the defensive talent. Has Dennis Dixon declared?

For OSU, it depends on if any of the offense leaves, and if Boeckman matures mentally. Defensively, they'll reload even if they lose the juniors. Gholston will be replaced by Wilson, who was in Heyward's spot before he got hurt. Jenkins will be replaced easy, and I think some stud LB's are coming in (as always) to replace Laurinaitis.

Also depends on how Illinois does. I'd say they'd be a top 10 team, but losing Mendenhall is really going to hurt. There's still quite a bit of talent on that offense though.[/quote]

Illinois doesn't scare me too much......I think it will come down to OSU and Wisconsin next year in the Big 10. Can't wait till the start of next season, not so much because of college football but because the Bengals season will be right around the corner.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='620397' date='Jan 8 2008, 12:15 PM']So now it's a clothesline? Highsmith made a good play on Boeckman.......yes it was close, but IMO it was a good play. I think 75-80 out of 100 unbiased observers would agree. You seem to be one of the 20-25 that disagree......and that's fine. OSU should be pretty good next year, maybe we see a rematch???[/quote]

I'm biased as hell, but I didn't really think that was a problem. Boeckman shouldn't have been holding the ball for so long. I realize it was 4th down, but if no one is open, at least get it down field.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='620408' date='Jan 8 2008, 12:31 PM']If Georgia can get by Florida. I think USC will drop off with the loss of Booty and all the defensive talent. Has Dennis Dixon declared?

Also depends on how Illinois does. I'd say they'd be a top 10 team, but losing Mendenhall is really going to hurt. There's still quite a bit of talent on that offense though.[/quote]

Please no Beckman next year, hopefully Henton steps it up or maybe we can land Pryor.

Archived