Windows Media Center

Alright, so I got a new computer with the Windows Media Center so I can record TV on my computer. I was hoping to record some Bengals games and get them on DVD (so I can watch our Superbowl run this year over and over). But, the files are huge (about 4 GB/hour). Does anyone know of a program that will compress the files and burn them as a DVD readable in a normal DVD player?

Thanks.

If your going to work that angle keep in mind that its a give and take. Compressing makes the file more pixalated, and possibly affect sound, depending. If the files are only 4 gig, why not keep it all and have high quality? Single layer burns 4.7 gig anyways.

If your stuck on compressing, try the burning software that came with the ROM. I dont know whats out there anymore. Since dual layer burning came out, compressing really took a back seat TBH.

get an editing program and edit out commercials and downtime, think, the game is only 60 minutes long. give an extra 20 minutes for time worthwhile to see when clock is stopped, i would recomend editing out nonsense instead of compressing, as 12th said, compressing fucks up quality.

Guest mongoloido

This month's issue of Maximum PC has a step by step guide for converting your VCR tapes to DVD. That should put you on a simple path to burning DVDs as you will have already imported the video to your computer. :)

Archived