"Tropic Thunder"

Go Skins

I saw this on July 10th in Georgetown (Washington, DC).

If you can, avoid the trailers, it will leave more to laugh at, but not all the funny parts are in the trailer. The cameos are brillant, and add to the story. I thought Robert Downey Jr. was the best of the bunch, he really gets into the character and works well with the overall cast.

[quote name='Go Skins' post='678212' date='Jul 11 2008, 09:17 AM']I saw this on July 10th in Georgetown (Washington, DC).

If you can, avoid the trailers, it will leave more to laugh at, but not all the funny parts are in the trailer. The cameos are brillant, and add to the story. I thought [b]Robert Downey Jr. was the best of the bunch, he really gets into the character and works well with the overall cast.[/b][/quote]

he always does. he is AMAZING when he isnt on drugs and alcohol.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='678398' date='Jul 12 2008, 03:36 AM']he always does. he is AMAZING when he isnt on drugs and alcohol.[/quote]

I saw this for a 2nd time last night, same theater, same screen (the release date got pushed up to Aug 13th), I laughed more this time around. I think I caught a few extra things this time around though.

All I have to say, get there before showtime, otherwise you will miss the funniest part of the movie in my opinion.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='684821' date='Aug 6 2008, 12:25 PM']Uptown theater again? <_<

Glad to hear this movie was good. I was mildly intrigued by the previews before TDK.[/quote]

No - saw at AMC Georgetown (Uptown still has Dark Knight - and one of my friends that lives in DC told me that he has been by there several times and still sees lines several hundred people deep).

Avoid the reviews if you can - some critics are saying things they shouldn't be that ruin the experience.

[quote name='gatorclaws' post='685186' date='Aug 7 2008, 09:31 AM']I've got tickets for Monday night. I'll report back. Have to DVR the bengals game.[/quote]

I don't know how screenings are in Cincy - but in DC, people get turned away on a regular basis. Both times I saw it, at least 20 people got turned away. I got to the theater at 5:15 and maybe 2 minutes later, a line began to form (I was the 1st in line).

The movie is about 105 minutes, in case you were curious. It doesn't feel like it though.

[quote name='Go Skins' post='685199' date='Aug 7 2008, 09:47 AM']I don't know how screenings are in Cincy - but in DC, people get turned away on a regular basis. Both times I saw it, at least 20 people got turned away. I got to the theater at 5:15 and maybe 2 minutes later, a line began to form (I was the 1st in line).

The movie is about 105 minutes, in case you were curious. It doesn't feel like it though.[/quote]

I've gone to a lot of screenings around here, and I don't know if I've seen people get turned away. More often than not 25% of the theater is empty.

Archived