Prospects to watch

[quote name='happyrid' post='731285' date='Dec 10 2008, 12:30 AM']You don't get any compensation at all with the transition tag.[/quote]

yeah, just realized my boo boo this morning upon looking that matter up. seems to me, sometime in the past, the transition tag would warrant a 1st and 3rd from the team signing your FA. have the rules changed, or was i mistaken all along on that one?

[quote name='bengaled' post='731678' date='Dec 11 2008, 04:34 PM']yeah, just realized my boo boo this morning upon looking that matter up. seems to me, sometime in the past, the transition tag would warrant a 1st and 3rd from the team signing your FA. have the rules changed, or was i mistaken all along on that one?[/quote]

I think you are confusing transition tag with restricted free agents given the highest tender offer.

I know the transition tag rule has been in place for a while, that is why we lost Takeo Spikes without getting any compensation.

[quote name='happyrid' post='731718' date='Dec 11 2008, 08:17 PM']I think you are confusing transition tag with restricted free agents given the highest tender offer.

I know the transition tag rule has been in place for a while, that is why we lost Takeo Spikes without getting any compensation.[/quote]

you're right, thanks!

Archived