Prospects to watch

As long as we take a C either in the 2nd or 3rd round (by the looks of it there should be a good one there) I'll be happy...

because what we've currently got isn't cutting it, without a whole lot of "potential" sitting on the bench. At least you've got Collins to see yet at tackle.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='719498' date='Oct 30 2008, 10:13 AM']As long as we take a C either in the 2nd or 3rd round (by the looks of it there should be a good one there) I'll be happy...

because what we've currently got isn't cutting it, without a whole lot of "potential" sitting on the bench. At least you've got Collins to see yet at tackle.[/quote]
[b]Max Unger from Oregon is impressive.. he can play gurad as well as center[/b]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='719506' date='Oct 30 2008, 09:32 AM'][b]Max Unger from Oregon is impressive.. he can play gurad as well as center[/b][/quote]
Another guy from Oregon worth taking a long look at is DE Nick Reed. He's 6-2 255 and has great hands and quickness off the edge. He had 8 sacks going into this week and I'm not sure if he got any against Cal on a swampy field but what I did see of him he was hitting the QB often.
He is a finalist for the Lott trophy which is for high performance and "selfless character". I could see him as a poor man's Pollack but since he's a little smaller he may be able to make the transition to OLB better.
He's definitely a tweener so I could see him going in late 3rd to 5th rounds.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='717291' date='Oct 24 2008, 08:57 AM']Here are a few mid-late round guys I like:

[b]RB Mike Davis, South Carolina - 5'9 215[/b]
RB Kory Sheets, Purude - 6'0 206
FB Brannan Southerland, Georgia - 6'0 240
OT Xavier Fulton, Illinois - 6'5 295
C Alex Fletcher, Stanford - 6'3 298
DE/OLB Orion Martin, Virginia Tech - 6'2 252
DE/OLB Phillip Hunt, Houston - 6'2 260
DE/OLB Kirston Pittman, LSU - 6'4 254
[b]DT Terrill Byrd, Cincinnati - 6'1 290[/b]
DT Myron Pryor, Kentucky - 6'1 300
OLB Clay Matthews, USC - 6'3 240
ILB Jason Phillips, TCU - 6'1 234
ILB Scott McKillop, Pittsburgh - 6'2 240[b]
CB Brandon Underwood, Cincinnati - 6'1 190[/b]
CB Joe Burnett, Central Florida - 5'11 185
SS/ILB Nic Harris, Oklahoma - 6'3 230[/quote]

Some of these guys like the weed too much.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='716634' date='Oct 22 2008, 09:07 AM']Hardy hurt his foot in the offseason and had to have surgery. He missed the first 3 games of the season but returned with a vengence.

He's only played fully in 2 games, the other 2 he was limited as punishment for giving the coaches attitude. Stats so far: 7 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, 1 hurry. Keep in mind he's still not 100%.

Last seasons stats: 64 tackles, 18.5 tackles for loss, 10 sacks, 3 passes defended, 3 forced fumbles, 4 hurries, 2 receptions, 19 yards, 2 touchdowns.[/quote]

Hardy looks dominating when he is on the field, but he must have a really shitty attitude. He is healthy now but has been demoted to 2nd string.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='Nov 14 2008, 04:39 PM' post='723620']
Hardy looks dominating when he is on the field, but he must have a really shitty attitude. He is healthy now but has been demoted to 2nd string.
[/quote Rather have Michael Johnson from G Tech..But we have so many needs it absurd...fix the o line first...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='fredtoast' post='723620' date='Nov 14 2008, 03:39 PM']Hardy looks dominating when he is on the field, but he must have a really shitty attitude. He is healthy now but has been demoted to 2nd string.[/quote]

After getting 10 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss in just ten games last year Hardy has been a dud in '08. He has played in 7 games and has a total of 13 takles. An impressive 5.5 of those tackles have been sacks, but he has still dropped off dramatically from his pre-season expectations.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='727689' date='Nov 25 2008, 02:51 PM']After getting 10 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss in just ten games last year Hardy has been a dud in '08. He has played in 7 games and has a total of 13 takles. An impressive 5.5 of those tackles have been sacks, but he has still dropped off dramatically from his pre-season expectations.[/quote]
He's been fighting injuries all season. When he's 100% there isn't a better end in college.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='727710' date='Nov 25 2008, 02:53 PM']He's been fighting injuries all season. When he's 100% there isn't a better end in college.[/quote]

He was healthy for the South Carolina game, but got benched for the second half because of "lack of effort".

I agree that he is one of the most impressive athletes in college football. Ed Orgeron used to line him up at wide out and he had 3 td receptions his freshman and sophomore year. He also played on the Ole Miss basketball team. He is a Jevon Kearse type athlete, but I still wouldn't want to add him to this team if he has problems with his work ethic.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='727718' date='Nov 25 2008, 04:15 PM']He was healthy for the South Carolina game, but got benched for the second half because of "lack of effort".

I agree that he is one of the most impressive athletes in college football. Ed Orgeron used to line him up at wide out and he had 3 td receptions his freshman and sophomore year. He also played on the Ole Miss basketball team. He is a Jevon Kearse type athlete, but I still wouldn't want to add him to this team if he has problems with his work ethic.[/quote]
He still hasn't fully recovered from the foot injury he sustained last season.

Yeah he is definitely immature and a dumbass. I read he didn't try against South Carolina because he was pissed off at the coaches for some reason. When he's not acting like a dumbass his motor is one of his strengths.

I watched most of the Ole Miss vs. Alabama game and the Ole Miss vs. LSU game.

I knew he was still recovering against AL, but LSU, too?

I was barely on the field during the AL game which I understand if he is still hurt.

During the LSU game it seemed he was mostly used as a situational pass rusher.

I barely got to watch him to see what he could do.

I really do like Brian Cushing of USC....what round is he expected to go in??\
Right now Id lean towards Andre Smith or Oher in round one with Mack in round two.
If Cushing is available at the top of round three Id take him.
Im still big on Herman Johnson and Duke Robinson in round two if possible but realize that center is a priority.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='730651' date='Dec 7 2008, 06:01 PM']I really do like Brian Cushing of USC....what round is he expected to go in??\
Right now Id lean towards Andre Smith or Oher in round one with Mack in round two.
If Cushing is available at the top of round three Id take him.
Im still big on Herman Johnson and Duke Robinson in round two if possible but realize that center is a priority.[/quote]
Cushing MIGHT be there in 2. Not 3.

Mack probably won't be there in 2, likely Duke won't either. Johnson might.

[quote name='Jason' post='730736' date='Dec 7 2008, 10:07 PM']Cushing MIGHT be there in 2. Not 3.

Mack probably won't be there in 2, likely Duke won't either. Johnson might.[/quote]
[b]That's why we ned to make a trade to get extra picks..We despeartely need to fix the O line and grab more D..I would love to see us get Andre Smith, Alexa MAck and a stud lineman or Lb..we need either two first round picks or 2 second rounders..[/b]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='730908' date='Dec 8 2008, 01:38 PM'][b]That's why we ned to make a trade to get extra picks..We despeartely need to fix the O line and grab more D..I would love to see us get Andre Smith, Alexa MAck and a stud lineman or Lb..we need either two first round picks or 2 second rounders..[/b][/quote]

heard that. any way that trade doesn't include TJ, and i'm on board for it. TJ is the heart and soul of this offense and we need to retain him... even if it means franchising him. but maybe, on second thought, the transition tag would be a better application. a 1st and a 3rd could be converted to gold, with wise drafting. i might be willing to part with him in that scenario....especially if it wasn't at the bottom of those rounds. that would give us two 1sts (say smith and mack), a high 2nd (spikes), and three thirds (supplemental) where we could address DE, CB, OG....or maybe even a package deal with a 4th to get back in the 2nd round. lot of possibilities, there!

[quote name='bengaled' post='730975' date='Dec 8 2008, 07:49 PM']heard that. any way that trade doesn't include TJ, and i'm on board for it. TJ is the heart and soul of this offense and we need to retain him... even if it means franchising him. but maybe, on second thought, the transition tag would be a better application. a 1st and a 3rd could be converted to gold, with wise drafting. i might be willing to part with him in that scenario....especially if it wasn't at the bottom of those rounds. that would give us two 1sts (say smith and mack), a high 2nd (spikes), and three thirds (supplemental) where we could address DE, CB, OG....or maybe even a package deal with a 4th to get back in the 2nd round. lot of possibilities, there![/quote]

You don't get any compensation at all with the transition tag.

Archived