Favre retiring = Jets wanting to move up?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='746534' date='Feb 14 2009, 03:34 PM']Didn't the Jets draft a QB in the 2nd round a few years ago that hasnt started yet? I imagine they might want to see what they go in him.[/quote]
He has played...and poorly. He wasn't able to win the job away from Pennington and they jumped at the chance to get Favre. Plus he was a Mangini pick. He'll stick through camp, but they're lookin to upgrade for sure. Maybe not a first rounder like I hoped in this thread but there's no way they're banking on Kellen Clemens leading them to the promised land.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='746541' date='Feb 14 2009, 02:49 PM']He has played...and poorly. He wasn't able to win the job away from Pennington and they jumped at the chance to get Favre. Plus he was a Mangini pick. He'll stick through camp, but they're lookin to upgrade for sure. Maybe not a first rounder like I hoped in this thread but there's no way they're banking on Kellen Clemens leading them to the promised land.[/quote]

he was a rookie though. Clemens hasn't really gotten a fair shake in new york yet.

Archived