With Andrews out of the picture...

Do you think this alters the Bengals' draft approach?

They were clearly high on him and with those glowing words had to be considering him the starting RT by mid-late 09.

Does it not matter since Monroe and Smith will surely be gone by #6 anyway?

I'm gonna say that I don't think this alters their strategy much. I think they are high on Collins and will give Levi another shot while looking for OL depth in round 3 and beyond for the RT spot.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='750230' date='Feb 27 2009, 11:58 AM']Do you think this alters the Bengals' draft approach?

They were clearly high on him and with those glowing words had to be considering him the starting RT by mid-late 09.

I'm gonna say that I don't think this alters their strategy much. I think they are high on Collins and will give Levi another shot while looking for OL depth in round 3 and beyond for the RT spot.[/quote]

You would think that they may be heavily considering an FA OT somewhere down the line.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='750230' date='Feb 27 2009, 11:58 AM']Do you think this alters the Bengals' draft approach?

I'm gonna say that I don't think this alters their strategy much. I think they are high on Collins and will give Levi another shot while looking for OL depth in round 3 and beyond for the RT spot.[/quote]
i'm thinking it will. i can't see them going the FA route for a OT. mike doesn't spend that kind of money in FA. without bringing some new blood in, this OL is going to be very, very thin.

Archived