Lions will draft Stafford

[quote name='GoBengals' post='762407' date='Apr 9 2009, 01:19 AM']i agree.. Orakpo is an attractive pick in draft talk... but when it comes down to the clock ticking, theyll take raji or someone else (man i would enjoy them blowing #5 pick on wells).. i just need a miracle at #3 for the chiefs to drop curry to us..[/quote]

Why would they take Raji with Rogers manning the NT position??? They are desperately thin for recievers now.......
Course you probably knew that

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='762354' date='Apr 8 2009, 10:39 PM']Browns traded Winslow, lost Stallworth and Braylon ( Ill probably drop it ) Edwards is a free agent after this year....
You dont think they just may be interested in a wideout if Crabtree is on the board?
Why would they want a NT in a 3-4 when they have Rogers...[/quote]
I was thinking the exact same thing, before the combine I was thinking they would take Jenkins at CB, but...

they have 2 picks in the second round, WR is one of the better position groups this year, so they can get a decent WR in the top of the second round...

they need an upgrade at the LB position for their 3-4...

that's why I think they take Orakpo

[quote name='St. Jude' post='762409' date='Apr 9 2009, 01:26 AM']I was thinking the exact same thing, before the combine I was thinking they would take Jenkins at CB, but...

they have 2 picks in the second round, WR is one of the better position groups this year, so they can get a decent WR in the top of the second round...

they need an upgrade at the LB position for their 3-4...

that's why I think they take Orakpo[/quote]

I could make the point that they could get a backer in the second ( possibly Clay Mathews ) as well but either way makes sense

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='762415' date='Apr 9 2009, 01:31 AM']I could make the point that they could get a backer in the second ( possibly Clay Mathews ) as well but either way makes sense[/quote]
True

plus I'd be so fucking pissed if they took Matthews one pick ahead of the Bengals in the second :steamed:

how about the lions taking sanchez 1st? everybody seems to be on his balls lately? but to go on about what guys have been talking about.........i'm gonna have to agree with oline ppl. if i were detroit i would get an OT. our economy sucks guys, and with detroit being where all the car manufacturers are........they might be thinking toward the safer pick......which is by far going with an OT.

[quote]None of these OT's will ever impersonate Joe Thomas...[/quote]

There's 1. His name is Andre Smith. If it weren't for the off the field flubs, he'd be the clear no. 1 pick, IMO.

I'm not scouting just pasting all the draft nugets together. I hope he falls to the bengals and they see it that way as well.

Archived