On my Mac, Filling out web forms..

[quote name='Lucid' date='24 July 2009 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1248464877' post='786417']
Well, no one "won" the Apple/MS/HP lawsuit either. They settled out of court by making intellectual property agreements.. MS develops office for Mac, Apple uses IE. Etc..

I was actually trying to avoid particulars about the lawsuit.. It was the judge aspect I found amusing.
[/quote]

What's the fun in that? :ph34r:

MS keeps making Office for Mac to keep the DOJ off their backs.

And OS X hasn't had a version of IE in like 4 years or more.

[quote name='Elflocko' date='24 July 2009 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1248465317' post='786420']
What's the fun in that? :ph34r:

MS keeps making Office for Mac to keep the DOJ off their backs.

And OS X hasn't had a version of IE in like 4 years or more.
[/quote]

Hey that shit was a while ago.. I'm not sure why things came out the way they did. Frankly it's not interesting enough to me to have studied the court ruling other than a cursory glance.

And I'm really not so certain about the anti-trust having anything to do with office on other platforms, although I know some parties in the suit wanted MS to port office for linux. I know that MS bought into Corel office for that purpose, so they wouldn't have the only office suit on the market.

Whatever.. Like Go said, this is off topic, and frankly I find intellectual property law boring.

[quote name='Lucid' date='24 July 2009 - 02:03 PM' timestamp='1248465829' post='786422']
Hey that shit was a while ago.. I'm not sure why things came out the way they did. Frankly it's not interesting enough to me to have studied the court ruling other than a cursory glance.

And I'm really not so certain about the anti-trust having anything to do with office on other platforms, although I know some parties in the suit wanted MS to port office for linux. I know that MS bought into Corel office for that purpose, so they wouldn't have the only office suit on the market.

Whatever.. Like Go said, this is off topic, and frankly I find intellectual property law boring.
[/quote]

The only reason I know the case as well as I do is because I had to write a thesis on it.

And you started it... :ph34r:

:265:

[quote name='Elflocko' date='24 July 2009 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1248466296' post='786423']
The only reason I know the case as well as I do is because I had to write a thesis on it.

And you started it... :ph34r:

:265:
[/quote]

:lol:

Better you than me... Jeez what a snoozer! Actually I found the ruling interesting at the time because of the ramifications I thought it would have.. Turned out nothing really changed.

:shrug:

[quote name='Lucid' date='24 July 2009 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1248466575' post='786426']
:lol:

Better you than me... Jeez what a snoozer! Actually I found the ruling interesting at the time because of the ramifications I thought it would have.. Turned out nothing really changed.

:shrug:
[/quote]

Sure-fire cure for insomnia.

The biggest (IMO unintended) consequence of the whole debacle was it led to the current EU bitch-slapping of MS. They've been much more effective than the DOJ ever was...

Archived