twitter

rizzy

I hope Twitter goes away very soon. I hate the word, for one, and I hate the fact that people are following along with the most boring, mundane, stupid shit that goes on in some people's lives like it means jack-shit.

It does seem useful for quick updates from reporters whom are watching our camps and stuff, though, as we've seen on this website.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='08 August 2009 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1249776530' post='789272']
I hope Twitter goes away very soon. I hate the word, for one, and I hate the fact that people are following along with the most boring, mundane, stupid shit that goes on in some people's lives like it means jack-shit.

It does seem useful for quick updates from reporters whom are watching our camps and stuff, though, as we've seen on this website.
[/quote]

I doubt twitter will ever go away. It has went way more mainstream than I ever thought it would. People definitely either love twitter or they hate it. From your post you obviously hate it. Most people I see that hate it have your same opinion. When they hear twitter all they think is people updating what they are eating, when they are going to the bathroom etc.

Twitter is definitely not for everyone. As for me I love twitter. I use it everyday, not to show everything I do, but to learn, interact and network with people. In my field it is a valuable tool.

I have it- spbengals is my user name.

The players have it too. Chad, Jerome Simpson, Antoine Caldwell, Roy Williams, Rey, Keith River, Tank Johnson, just to name a few.

I don't think it will go away anytime soon. Bengals.com and Enquirer.com use it to post what is happening camp before it hits their websites. Plus the Reds use it to post the lin-up and Injury updates faster than it hits their website, too.

You can even quicker analysis from John Thornton (about the Bengals) and John Fay (about the Reds) while the action is happening.

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' date='10 August 2009 - 03:27 AM' timestamp='1249889237' post='789420']
I can't seem to get it to work with my phone..I have Verizon
[/quote]

I has some problems at first as well. I had my number saved to my account and I texted ON to the 40404. I even did a test tweet and it worked. But I wasn't getting updates from the ones I was following. I went to HOME and under Following I had to manually turn each one to update by phone with one of the icons to the right of the name. After that it worked for me.

Archived